Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

I'm sure he's a very competent manager but he doesn't have the players to play the system he wants. Unless he's willing to accept that and change things, what's the point of him being here?
Not convinced he has the players to play any system competently to be honest. In all fairness, he has already been compromising on the system he would like to play given the obvious failings of the defenders at his disposal. It ain't easy getting a tune out of this shower of **** squad and he did wonders getting the results he did in the second half of last season.

After today, I reckon our best hope is getting Djenepo back asap so that at least he will have a bit more firepower going forward even if the defence will still be awful.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Plenty of people on here saying blame Gao or the previous administration

But this side is practically the same available as when Ralph joined us, it’s probably a stronger side as we now have ings instead of Austin, and the option of Boufal who has been quite good this season.

The level of performance is so far away from what it was when Ralph joined that he can’t be held blameless and it’s also been in a downward trajectory after his initial burst, would love to see his rolling average points per game

Ralph's enthusiasm stopped the same day Burnley beat us 3-0.

I think he knew then, what the fans knew already.

Ralph's limited PL coaching skills match the players limited PL ability perfectly.

Everyone of them has been found out.

No i-pad or classroom lectures followed by endless video's are needed to tell a professional manager and players just how dangerous Leicester are on the break.

Ralph can't even teach them the basics, at least Puel and Pellegrino taught them the boring method of not to lose football making a defeat seem not so bad.

Sad to say but that performance has finished Ralph as a PL manager.

Make no mistake there is no coming back from a 0-9 home defeat no matter who or how good the opposition is.

If Ralph stays and Saints go three behind in any game there will always be doubt in his mind about a bigger scoreline which will have an effect on his decision making and the players.

Tonight has been a disaster, we knew a thumping was coming but the thought on every fans mind is how much worse can it get.

Man City next, at least we are away from home.

The manager has made some bad selection calls this season, but does anyone really think he's the primary reason for this mess? And how much chance is there of the club in its current state delivering a better option for manager than Ralph?

This. Small things going the wrong way spiral into a super big mess...should've at least drawn against Liverpool (Ings where was your finish when we needed it?)...should've beaten Spurs against 10 men (but for an incredible second-half performance from Loris)...should've drawn with Bournemouth on balance of play and could easily have beaten Wolves...Che Adams looking promising but just not getting the breakthrough he needed, Djenepo looking like the spark we needed, then injured...so where did this incredibly amazingly shockingly bad result come from today? Pundits had it 1-1 before all the smart-Alecs say they saw it coming. Ralph has actually got some good performances out of a bang average squad, for which I blame consistent under-investment - which is Gao.

Yes, I think Rohl is clearly a big loss and RH's right-hand man going is a significant factor. Yes, I think some of Ralph's selections have been bizarre...Gunn - why? Vestergard a liability, Hoijberg captain? Bertrand completely out of form/confidence, leaving out Yoshida, not playing Boufal etc - so he is certainly not blameless.

But firing him now would be suicidal.

Luckily, we have the opportunity to beat Man City twice to get us back on track. Ha!

Nobody, i know 9/10 of you on here can’t see past 6-7 games, but judge the team and manager at the end of the season, there is still so much football to be played.

Not the time for rash reactions and decisions, especially on the back of a very heavy defeat.

Mate we have won two of our last 15 pl games. It isn't a recent issue it's something that's been going on awhile.

One of my main gripes about Ralph is he seems so slow to react to make tactical changes.

The players have let him down for sure but if you keep picking the same ones who are playing poor and you keep getting poor results that's 100% on the manager.

Maybe it's just me but the bare minimum I expect is to at least try. The sides he keeps selecting look like they can't be arsed.

Several reports are out there saying Ralph will be sacked
Sacking Ralf will only put us in a faster death spiral. He was a manager on the up with an impressive track record, if Saints destroy him due to our total lack of investment, no other talented manager will come near us.

The chairman needs to identify the rot and rip it out. I would start with a replacement of all the coaching staff. We have x2 goalkeeper coaches yet all our keepers are dogsh1t and Forster who was on the verge of a nervous breakdown if put in goal for Saints, leaves and then puts in a worldy performance in Europe for Celtic. Don't even waste time thinking about it, get rid, start again.

Forster, Cedric, Bertrand, Djnepo, Boufal, Ings.

The above players are the only ones good enough to keep. We need first team quality replacement all over.

Now is the problem that we cannot afford decent coaches, decent players as the Gao famy are extracting wages from the club?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Worst performance in our entire history and a complete embarrassment, dropping into the bottom three, two wins all season. Dreadful team selections, poor game management.

If he was sacked tomorrow he could hardly complain and I have gone past caring, he's a fu cking fraud.

We're likely going down anyway but this guy is not keeping us up.

He's the managerial equivalent of Manolo Gabbiadini. An exciting little flurry at the start and bang, we get carried away, he's a cult hero.

But people can't let it go and just won't accept that in reality he is below the standard required.

Sacked tomorrow and lets get on with the serious business of getting relegated under Garry Monk.

Spot on. No evidence he is anywhere near as good as we hoped.

People should revisit their opinions of Puel - yes a dull fcker but more substance and tactical nous than this guy. Charisma can get you a long way

Edited by whelk

Ralph will leave on his own, as a 9 nil defeat at home to a mid table team isn't something you bounce back from. I can't see him being able to even speak to the players after that. if it was Liverpool or man city that did this to us, then it could've been argued that it was their world-class quality coupled with our lack of quality that brought about the defeat. but Leicester? no way we can argue with any decision anyone makes currently.

when Ralph quits, we hire monk, and we struggle to the end of the season by which time we'll have already been relegated. we sack a few of the deadwood(coaches and players) if at all possible and look to the brightest in the academy and monk to come straight back up. best case scenario IMO.

I don't want Ralph sacked I still believe he can turn it around but I do believe we need a decent restructuring. We should definitely get rid of pretty much all the backroom staff and start again allowing Ralph to bring in his own people. Which means Watson, Davis, Fleming and Gross should all leave as they have been involved in probably 4 years of pain since Koeman left.

Glad Ross Wilson has gone and we need to look and restructure the scouting network ASAP. The players we have brought over the past 4 years have mainly been misses. We have an appalling squad of players with some more to come back after their loans have finished.

I would look at that team last night and use that to show who should not play for us again in the short term (probably long term as well). Yoshida, Vestergaard, Valery and Bertrand. The midfield is a real problem as there is a lack of options in the centre but Slattery probably should have a decent run in the team now.

You really think that gary monk could get us back up, dream on. Once we go we'll be in the wilderness for a lot of years, i think we are about to meet real mediocrity, and it will be the norm for many years to come.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Worst performance in our entire history and a complete embarrassment, dropping into the bottom three, two wins all season. Dreadful team selections, poor game management.

If he was sacked tomorrow he could hardly complain and I have gone past caring, he's a fu cking fraud.

We're likely going down anyway but this guy is not keeping us up.

He's the managerial equivalent of Manolo Gabbiadini. An exciting little flurry at the start and bang, we get carried away, he's a cult hero.

But people can't let it go and just won't accept that in reality he is below the standard required.

Sacked tomorrow and lets get on with the serious business of getting relegated under Garry Monk.

Spot on. He's flattered to deceive. More to the point, after a quarter of the season we are in the bottom two, we play an awful brand of football, he appears to have lost at least parts of the dressing room (or there's some other issues attributal to him or his management) and he's just overseen the worse performance and result in living memory.

Any of the above warrant the sack, all of them make his position untenable. I'd normally be one for saying sort a replacement first but after last night's humiliation he needs to go now. We're going down anyway, but let's get a manager in who'll at least get the players trying. Last night was pathetic - 3 fouls against a team who had the ball for more than an hour of the game, and one of them was for the 92nd min penalty. They made 12 - that's cos they were more motivated and wanted it more.

I stopped watching after the red and we went 2 behind, it was obvious we were in for an embarrassment. I couldn't sleep then went online to see the result, for some reason I hoped we maybe fought to keep the scoreline respectable, I couldn't have been more wrong.

if I was Ralph and the players, I would've submitted my resignation the next morning. atleast Ralph will do so, unimaginable to think he could turn this around. and it's man city up next, run, Ralph, run! is what he's probably thinking.

How does this bunch of absolute crap, pretending to be too flight footballers, keep getingt away with it season after season with some fans?

A large number of them have now been crap for three or four seasons under four different managers and yet people still want to put it all down to the manager that most of these players can't even manage the basics of football.

We can change manager again or even ten more times it won't make this shower of **** any better.

Out of the current squad there isn't one I'd be bothered about leaving becuase they are crap to a man.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Correct. He may have made some odd decisions this season but our squad is painfully inadequate and that’s the obvious problem.

Correct. He may have made some odd decisions this season but our squad is painfully inadequate and that’s the obvious problem.

A good manager gets the most out of players. Some are not inherently crp and on par with players at most other 12 or so PL clubs. Not motivated, tactically clueless with no spirit is largely down to manager. Although players clearly are cnts and this isn’t something solely on Ralph.

This may go against popular opinion but we have to play a back four, playing an extra poor defender doesn’t resolve the issue.

We just end up allowing teams to come at us and would be better served with an extra attack minded player. Armstrong needs to come in instead of JWP and play in a central attacking role with 2 wide players like we used to out of Redmond, Boufal or

Djeneppo when fit.

Let’s go back to our identity of 4 2 3 1 and start trying to play the game again and maybe even entertain.

If I was Armstrong or Boufal I would be asking why I don’t get the same chances some of these other clowns are getting.

As for sacking Ralph I don’t know, as we have no football people left in the club who is going to come here anyway. One things for sure, the assistant coaches or whatever they are all need to go but I suppose Kelvin will be interim manager again god help us

A good manager gets the most out of players. Some are not inherently crp and on par with players at most other 12 or so PL clubs. Not motivated, tactically clueless with no spirit is largely down to manager. Although players clearly are cnts and this isn’t something solely on Ralph.

Agree with that, but definitely this is not all on Ralph. The left back/Bertrand situation, for example, perhaps highlights where we're at. Everything I've read and heard tells me RH has had issues with Bertrand and wanted to leave him out did so. Problem is Targett has now gone and he doesn't fancy Vokins. He's therefore had to play square pegs in round holes and been slaughtered for it. Poor fella has had hobsons choice and ultimately has had to recall Bertrand for the good of team balance, but doing so will not have been easy from a management / respect perspective.

This may go against popular opinion but we have to play a back four, playing an extra poor defender doesn’t resolve the issue.

We just end up allowing teams to come at us and would be better served with an extra attack minded player. Armstrong needs to come in instead of JWP and play in a central attacking role with 2 wide players like we used to out of Redmond, Boufal or

Djeneppo when fit.

Let’s go back to our identity of 4 2 3 1 and start trying to play the game again and maybe even entertain.

If I was Armstrong or Boufal I would be asking why I don’t get the same chances some of these other clowns are getting.

As for sacking Ralph I don’t know, as we have no football people left in the club who is going to come here anyway. One things for sure, the assistant coaches or whatever they are all need to go but I suppose Kelvin will be interim manager again god help us

frankly it makes no sense to talk about who plays where now, unless some radical and dramatic changes happen, I have no energy or enthusiasm to even think about anything Saints related. it's such a pain to support this club. I wish I never did, what's worse is I don't know how to not care about all the sh*t that goes down at Saints. I wish there was an emotional button you press when you don't want to follow Saints anymore.

3 managers in a row have failed to get the best out of this lot. Pelegrino was cr@p, Hughes was cr@p and now Hass is cr@p. Agree it’s not solely on any one but the squad is cr@p as a result of apx 8 windows in a row of poor and under investment.

Any manager working in this scenario is going to struggle. If we sack him we may get another bounce - not saying we shouldn’t do this, probably should, I’m getting beyond the point of caring - but it’ll be temporary unless we invest in some quality and it’s clearly not going to happen.

Not sure how it's gone so wrong so quickly, but I can't see how any manager can survive a result like that.

Last season he managed to get some decent performances from the likes of Redmond, JWP and Hojbjerg, but they have all regressed so badly this season it's alarming. Yet they are still the first names on the team sheet every week.

I agree with many people that sacking Ralph now isn't going to instantly solve all the underlying problems. But frankly he has not shown anything this season to make me believe he is the right man to move us forward either.

Get him an assistant that can coach sack the useless fakers on our bench.

Our midfield is always outnumbered 3 fouls all night tells you everything.

Romeu can’t do it alone he is getting dragged out covering the useless Hojberg and JWP...wtf was him going to left back about?

Our subs were ridiculous as leaving Maddison unmarked all night even my level coaching we identified opposition best players and put someone near we don’t get within 15 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched his interview, feel sorry for the poor bastàrd.
I do to a certain extent as there's been no investment in the right players but some of this is his own doing... He is not beyond criticism

It's almost irrelevant trying to work out what proportion of the blame should be laid at Ralph as opposed to the board, recruitment, players etc.

As a club we have one priority which is to stay in the premier league. After last night there is absolutely zero chance of that combination of a manager and group of players staying up. They can't look each other in the eye after that, let alone hope to lift each others confidence to a level of securing a result.

It may well be that the players are so dreadful nobody, not even guardiola could keep us up. But you have to try something to give any sort of chance and it's a lot easier and cheaper to change one manager than the 10-15 players we realistically need to change.

It may not be fair on Ralph (personally I think he's made some baffling decisions and looked lost since rohl went) as the players are largely horrific and/or utterly feeble minded, the fault of the players themselves and the shambolic recruitment over the last few seasons.

But it's irrelevant. You change after that and have 1% chance of staying up or don't and have 0% chance. The only thing that can create any sort of reaction is a new manager giving them a bollocking and some sort of reality check.

Ralph can't do that now, not after last night.

Edited by Chewy
Typo

It's almost irrelevant trying to work out what proportion of the blame should be laid at Ralph as opposed to the board, recruitment, players etc.

As a club we have one priority which is to stay in the premier league. After last night there is absolutely zero chance of that combination of a manager and group of players staying up. They can't look each other in the eye after that, let alone hope to lift each others confidence to a level of securing a result.

It may well be that the players are so dreadful nobody, not even guardiola could keep us up. But you have to try something to give any sort of chance and it's a lot easier and cheaper to change one manager than the 10-15 players we realistically need to change.

It may not be fair on Ralph (personally I think he's made some baffling decisions and looked lost since rohl went) as the players are largely horrific and/or utterly feeble minded, the fault of the players themselves and the shambolic recruitment over the last few seasons.

But it's irrelevant. You change after that and have 1% chance of staying up or don't and have 0% chance. The only thing that can create any sort of reaction is a new manager giving them a bollocking and some sort of reality check.

This 100% if we change nothing we are odds on to be relegated, the owners have to roll the dice now not when it's too late

Can we stop talking about Ralph leaving?

A complete overreaction. There are a lot of things wrong at this football club but the manager isn’t one of them.

No, it needs to be talked about, there are many problems with this club and Ralph is definitely one of them.

Picking up on your feeble minded point, I have long been thinking that this black box / profiling / only signing nice boys who won’t rock the boat policy has led us in some way to the characterless mob we have now.

Has there been one? Would you turn your back on millions?

Exactly, how many agents will be telling their clients to hand in their cards? Errr that'll be none then. No chance of him resigning, therefore if we want him gone somebody has to pull the trigger, and foot the bill.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Probably will after the City game as not many managers would survive a hiding like that. As someone else said, can’t think of a worse result in the club’s 130 year odd history. Do have some empathy though - four managers gone if they do sack him. As a manager, it must be tough when the players can’t seem to motivate themselves professionally or maintain standards, yet the owner doesn’t have the funds to completely turn the squad over with ones who embody the attitudes, pace and power you need.

Look at how JWP has regressed again - lost his aggression and he is nothing without that. England player yet seems to need micro management. Bar Ings and Djenepo, you could say the same about most of them. PEH - Denmark international who can’t retain possession over five yards.

The only way anything will change is a new owner who changes the place from top to bottom, including the coaching staff who even with such limited players can’t seem to get Conference South key professional basics right. Gao overpaid by miles so sorry, can’t see that happening either.

Can we stop talking about Ralph leaving?

A complete overreaction. There are a lot of things wrong at this football club but the manager isn’t one of them.

I get what you say about the manager. But didn’t he have this team top 10 form in his time here last season? Could argue that the squad now is better compared to the 2nd half of last season.

Imagine if we had that performance last night under Hughes. Fans would be demanding immediate change.

Probably will after the City game as not many managers would survive a hiding like that. As someone else said, can’t think of a worse result in the club’s 130 year odd history. Do have some empathy though - four managers gone if they do sack him. As a manager, it must be tough when the players can’t seem to motivate themselves professionally or maintain standards, yet the owner doesn’t have the funds to completely turn the squad over with ones who embody the attitudes, pace and power you need.

Look at how JWP has regressed again - lost his aggression and he is nothing without that. England player yet seems to need micro management. Bar Ings and Djenepo, you could say the same about most of them. PEH - Denmark international who can’t retain possession over five yards.

The only way anything will change is a new owner who changes the place from top to bottom, including the coaching staff who even with such limited players can’t seem to get Conference South key professional basics right. Gao overpaid by miles so sorry, can’t see that happening either.

The only thing a new manager could do is tell individuals the truth - JWP you are hiding and not showing sufficient determination, PEH reduce your emotion and play to your strengths and limitations. Gunn - commit to coming off your line. Bertrand - you are not showing the others your experience and quality, you should be leading the way but were a terrible skipper. Whether they respond is another story. Even Redmond is well off his game this year. Burnley players probably earn less in every position but know their strengths and weaknesses, pretty or not. You rarely hear of them not putting a shift in for Dyche regardless of the result.

As a lapsed fan who takes some interest still, I can’t see myself going to any more games until the rotten stuff at the top is gone. Haven’t attended a game since Pellegrino as I’d stopped enjoying it.

Isn’t it kind of strange that Pellegrino and Hughes got absolutely slaughtered on here but Ralph gets every excuse in the book that it’s all the owners fault or past recruitments fault,, no one was giving these excuses for Hughes etc

We also now how lowered our self to blaming the early fixtures, yet the likes of Brighton can give spurs a beat down Newcastle beat utd, really there’s only Liverpool and city to truely fear the rest are beatable if you play a decent game and have your tactics right..

I don’ have any confidence anymore in Ralph even recognising the mistakes in the starting line ups. Jwp being his main man shows how dreadful his judgement is.. so expect more jwp gunn vestergaard brilliance for the rest of the season if he stays..

What exactly will a new man do? We have a squad full of absolute ****e and that falls purely on the ownership and recruitment side of things. Gao shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football club, in fact he would now fail a proper persons test now.

Would a new man lose a game 9.0 even with this squad?

We are in bottom 3 and lose 9.0 with players obviously not trying is that not a basis for grave concerns over our manager?

Isn’t it kind of strange that Pellegrino and Hughes got absolutely slaughtered on here but Ralph gets every excuse in the book that it’s all the owners fault or past recruitments fault,, no one was giving these excuses for Hughes etc

We also now how lowered our self to blaming the early fixtures, yet the likes of Brighton can give spurs a beat down Newcastle beat utd, really there’s only Liverpool and city to truely fear the rest are beatable if you play a decent game and have your tactics right..

I don’ have any confidence anymore in Ralph even recognising the mistakes in the starting line ups. Jwp being his main man shows how dreadful his judgement is.. so expect more jwp gunn vestergaard brilliance for the rest of the season if he stays..

It's hardly making excuses . I've been pointing out the crap quaility of the squad for four seasons now. All the managers, we've had since Koeman, have made mistakes, no doubt, but you can't get past the absolute dross that now fills our squad.

It is impossible to make a matchday 11, out of the current squad, without knowing 90% of them aren't good enough for the PL.

You can complain about Gunn, JWP and Vest, and yes they are crap, but if you really think McCarthy, Armstrong and Stephens are going to make us somehow much better you're deluded.

Most of our squad are barely good enough to be back ups let alone starters. We can keep chopping and change managers, and maybe get a bit of a new manager bounce, but in the end this group of players will always end up back to their natural performance levels just like they have for three seasons now.

Would a new man lose a game 9.0 even with this squad?

We are in bottom 3 and lose 9.0 with players obviously not trying is that not a basis for grave concerns over our manager?

Yes I could easily see these players losing 9-0 under a different manager if they went a man down and goal down after 10.

This squad is full of gutless, cowards, who are not nearly as good players as they seem to think they are. You'd think they would have fought hard to avoid humiliation just for personal pride, even if the hate the manager, and couldn't care less about the club or the fans...but the didn't they gave up rolled over and lubed up their aresholes..

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl