Summer 2020 transfer business

Batman

27 minutes ago, TWar said:

Awful deal for me. Has played barely any first team football, only in the championship, and even there has worse goals+assists per game stats the Che Adams, McBurnie, Maupay ect. And he goes for £23.5m with a massive sell on clause and a buy back option?! Liverpool have robbed them blind, it's Ibe/Solanke style deals all over again, who ever is in chance of selling needs a raise fast.

Agreed, Liverpool have robbed them blind here. Sheffield must be super desperate.

27 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

It’s more realistic than McTominay and Loftus Cheek anyway.

Absolutely. I thought McTominay was extremely highly rated at Manure and only injury kept him out of the first 11 last season? 

I'd of thought Chelsea would be looking for transfer fee for RLC not a loan.

39 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Liked the looks of Grujic based on what i’ve seen. 

I like the look of the comments I'm reading on here abou Grujic, and l believe everything I read on here, even Turkish's posts.

3 minutes ago, iansums said:

I like the look of the comments I'm reading on here abou Grujic, and l believe everything I read on here, even Turkish's posts.

You are allowed to post without mentioning me or replying to me you know Ian.

1 minute ago, northam soul said:

Don’t forget whoever we end up signing would of been on our radar for several years and was our first choice 

Tracked them for years, honestly we have. Always our first choice. Loads of potential. Great signing, hard to get over the line but we did it. Lots of interest but chose us over many other clubs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Sessegnon wanted by Hoffenheim and we're not even mentioned:

image.png.e43cc3fc5aef20db2a1b60384cc2e6db.png

I wonder if we're focused on another Premier League loan target now? RLC maybe?

My hunch is that we still need Hoedt and Boufal out of the club before we can do anything, including a loan. That's poss why we're missing out on everything as players don't want to sit and wait for us to get our shit in order.

Edited by S-Clarke

43 minutes ago, Turkish said:

You are allowed to post without mentioning me or replying to me you know Ian.

Apologies, to be honest I welcome your posts, I don't understand why people get so worked up about whether posters truly are ITK or not.

• Like 1

Grujic looks potentially good, was a stand out for Liverpool against Arsenal last night apparently, decent age, good physicality about him, two seasons of experience in the Bundesliga.

Ticks a lot of boxes, but by the sounds of things looks more likely to be a loan with a view to buying than a straight up permanent transfer. 

13 hours ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

I’m a semi pro gambler, agree the snowballing could have effect.. but it can also work the other way around and could be short due to itk people backing because they have info.

what I will say though the West Ham rumours have been at least as strong as ours so why no rumours snow balling effect for them?

to me there is such a big difference I think there may be something in this 

Depends on the liquidity of the market? I can’t imagine they are taking much on these - so a few quid from mug punters probably does cause a price shift. Also not sure the extent to which bookies ‘take a position’ to any substantial liability anymore (based on ITK money or not) they just go a tick or 2 shorter than Betfair etc

4 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Transferts-ibrahima-diallo-se-rapproche-de-southampton/1178673

Offered over 14m euros, which isnt quite what they want but getting closer?

Saints - 12m offer

Them - No we want 15m

Saints - 13m?

Them - No 15m

Saints - 13.5?

Them - Nooooo 15m!

Leicester - 14m?

Them - Okay done deal as Saints have messed us around for the last 3 weeks.

The positions of Brest and Southampton on the international midfielder Ibrahima Diallo have come closer in recent hours.
Revealed on our site, Southampton's interest in Brestois Ibrahima Diallo has grown in recent hours. The Brest midfielder welcomes the prospect of joining the southern England club.
Gregory Lorenzi, the sports director of the Brest stadium, confided in recent hours in private that the offer of the English club exceeded 14 million euros (excluding bonus). What to satisfy the Breton club? Not immediately. But clearly the positions on the subject of the international Espoirs are approaching.

via google translate 

9 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Transferts-ibrahima-diallo-se-rapproche-de-southampton/1178673

Offered over 14m euros, which isnt quite what they want but getting closer?

Come on Saints.  Let’s get this over the line.  Worth noting that if Romeu doesn’t sign a new deal, we could revisit signing some of these linked players next season (if we survive!)

Edited by SuperSAINT

2 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

Saints - 12m offer

Them - No we want 15m

Saints - 13m?

Them - No 15m

Saints - 13.5?

Them - Nooooo 15m!

Leicester - 14m?

Them - Okay done deal as Saints have messed us around for the last 3 weeks.

You're getting upset about imaginary scenarios in your head.

Apparently official according to the local Bretagne newspaper - 15mil euro and they already working on his replacement

https://www.letelegramme.fr/football/accord-entre-le-stade-brestois-et-southampton-pour-diallo-02-10-2020-12629716.php

their fans seem gutted and displeased with the amount but I think that is mainly due to 3mil going to monaco

Edited by Convict Colony

3 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Apparently official according to the local Bretagne newspaper - 15mil euro and they already working on his replacement

https://www.letelegramme.fr/football/accord-entre-le-stade-brestois-et-southampton-pour-diallo-02-10-2020-12629716.php

their fans seem gutted and displeased with the amount but I think that is mainly due to 3mil going to monaco

Again from google

Stade Brestois and English club Southampton have reached an agreement for the transfer of midfielder Ibrahima Diallo.

The future of Ibrahima Diallo (21) is shaping up well in the Premier League. For several days now, the Stade Brestois midfielder has been the priority for Southampton, which has agreed with the Finistère club, according to our sources. The amount of the transfer would be fifteen million euros together with a percentage of the capital gain in favor of Stade Brestois. As a reminder, Brest must also donate part of its own capital gain (20%) to AS Monaco, which had definitely sold it the international Under-21 midfield in 2019.

There is therefore very little chance of seeing Diallo face his training club on Sunday (3 p.m.). Even though the player wasn't fixated on leaving this summer, the trend of a move has strengthened in recent days for all parties who had a verbal agreement to leave this summer in the event of a satisfactory offer. She came 15th in the Premier League. Er Stade Brestois is already working on its replacement.

7 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Said to be the new Kante. Heard that before but one day it might be true. 😀

Watching the youtube vids he did remind me of Kante before I saw that 'the next..' on an article about him. Seems pretty quick and despite not being huge seems to be quite strong and sturdy muscling people off the ball. Just can't really judge the standard though I mean he doesn't have a lot of first team football and half of it is French second division. 

According to the Evening Standard was being looked at by Arsenal and Leicester apparently bid for him in January. 

He at least looks like from the videos and descriptions to have the raw ingredients for a Ralph midfielder, quite a few comments on him being comfortable dribbling and bursting forward with ball which offers something JWP can't really do and Hojberg couldn't. 

1 hour ago, Saint Garrett said:

TBF, when we signed Ings, nothing was really in the press until about 10pm that evening...I'll hold judgement until Monday evening, but isn't looking brilliant.  Think it's now very unlikely we'll be bringing in anyone from abroad.

The Ings deal only started happening on deadline day when Liverpool agreed he could leave. So wouldn't have been in the press before. 

4 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

Watching the youtube vids he did remind me of Kante before I saw that 'the next..' on an article about him. Seems pretty quick and despite not being huge seems to be quite strong and sturdy muscling people off the ball. Just can't really judge the standard though I mean he doesn't have a lot of first team football and half of it is French second division. 

According to the Evening Standard was being looked at by Arsenal and Leicester apparently bid for him in January. 

He at least looks like from the videos and descriptions to have the raw ingredients for a Ralph midfielder, quite a few comments on him being comfortable dribbling and bursting forward with ball which offers something JWP can't really do and Hojberg couldn't. 

Yeah I saw some stats somewhere comparing him against PEH which came out quite favourable. I was quite pleased with what I saw on YouTube but as you say (or alluded to) not the greatest of leagues.

https://www.footballfancast.com/southampton-transfer-rumours/southampton-transfer-gossip-hojbjerg-replacement-ibrahima-diallo

Edited by Toadhall Saint
Added link
  • Like 1

So... Ralph has said two or three more signings before the transfer window closes. It looks like Diallo must be the first, but what about the other two? What is the latest news on the following players?:

• Ruben Loftus-Cheek
  • Ryan Sessegnon
  • Jovan Cabral
  • Folarin Balogun
  • Jack Butland

Are there any other players with whom we have been linked in the last few days that could be one of the other potential signings?

Also, where are we up to with player sales?:

• Hoedt - was supposed to be rejoining Lazio and having a medical last Monday but seems to have gone quiet. There were some rumblings about Lazio being short of money. Anyone know what's happening?
  • Carrillo - was supposed to be leaving for free to join Elche in La Liga but again it seems to have gone a little quiet. Any news?
  • Boufal - There was talk of him joining Olimpiacos and then it changed to Angers, but again it has gone quiet!
  • Gunn - Linked with Stoke City, but it seems to be dependant on Butland leaving. There were some rumours of a swap deal with Saints.

Has anyone got any news or updates on any of these or any other potential transfer moves?

Edited by SaintJackoInHurworth
  • Like 1

Just now, SaintJackoInHurworth said:

So... Ralph has said two or three more signings before the transfer window closes. It looks like Diallo must be the first, but what about the other two? What is the latest news on the following players?:

• Ruben Loftus-Cheek
  • Ryan Sessegnon
  • Jovan Cabral
  • Folarin Balogun
  • Jack Butland

Are there any other players with whom we have been linked in the last few days that could be one of the other potential signings?

Also, where are we up to with player sales?:

• Hoedt - was supposed to be rejoining Lazio and having a medical last Monday but seems to have gone quiet. There were some rumblings about Lazio being short of money. Anyone know what's happening?
  • Carrillo - was supposed to be leaving for free to join Elche in La Ligua but again it seems to have gone a little quiet. Any news?
  • Boufal - There was talk of him joining Olimpiacos and then it changed to Angers, but again it has gone quiet!
  • Gunn - Linked with Stoke City, but it seems to be dependant on Butland leaving. There were some rumours of a swap deal with Saints.

Has anyone got any news or updates on any of these or any other potential transfer moves?

Been reported on here that Hoedts medical will go ahead and the loan finalised on Monday