Walcott

washsaint

4 hours ago, skintsaint said:

He has been ok for me and tbh better than i was expecting, still not worth his wages for me so far. To say he has been brilliant is laughable.

Not worth the wages? Opinions are like arseholes and yours smells like you have been eating Turkey.

he has been light years above Armstrong,Djenepro , Ings since injury and Redmond. He worked his nuts off in every game got good goal at Arsenal.

today poor going forward unlucky not to score but what he did was nullify their attack swapped with Armstrong when Fulham looked dangerous in front of KWP

• Like 6

I think Theo gives the appearance of someone trying too hard. He is covering a lot of ground and full of running but when the ball is at his feet he seems to either give the ball away or is brushed off the ball too easily. I think he just needs to slow his game down and rely more on his experience now rather than his speed. 

11 hours ago, Saint Billy said:

I think Theo gives the appearance of someone trying too hard. He is covering a lot of ground and full of running but when the ball is at his feet he seems to either give the ball away or is brushed off the ball too easily. I think he just needs to slow his game down and rely more on his experience now rather than his speed. 

Yep, about right

11 hours ago, Saint Billy said:

The way that he bombs around the pitch he has to be careful in this cold weather not to pull a hammy, reappearance of the long johns I suspect!. Although he does seem to have had more calf muscle issues in the past.

Theo Walcott - Injury history | Transfermarkt

His work ethic and work-rate has won me over from my initial skepticism.

He has been invaluable for us, particularly in light of Ingsy's injuries. He is not a perfect player, but that it is not what we expected. He is an experienced, rapid option that has provided us with a valuable extra dimension in attack.

If he wants to stay on after the loan, and his evident enthusiasm has soon enough for me to hope this would be the case; we would be daft not to keep him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris cooper said:

Walcott was top drawer tonight head and shoulders above the rest of our wingers ! Dropping in the whole to recieve the ball and finding the space early on was class .. cresswell didn’t know weather to drop in with him or stay .. very intelligent play indeed

Yes this is one of the things I like about him.. he’s good at recieving the ball with his back to goal in the hole spins around and he’s away.. often causing fouls in good areas.

also his pace looked pretty rapid today 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

It was never anything other than a PR stunt, something for the club to get the banners out for and 'welcome him home'. It's a shame it had to end like this but it was painfully obvious that the injury he had last season was the end for him. Part of the trust I had in the new club recruitment was dented when they offered him a deal.

I'm not sure if he has another injury now or not, but he's clearly no longer at the required level either fitness or quality wise.

I'm sure he's good to have around the lads though, even though we still lose every week.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

Shane it can’t worked out as he’s a good guy and clearly loves the club. He was alright in the first season. Ultimately though can’t be sentimental he’s taking a big wage and not providing and ROI on it so best for both if he leaves. Probably be good in the MLS and a good way to finish his career provided you get a move to a club with a decent climate 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

In the press conference today Ralph said that Theo is still not back in training due to injury, have they ever said what the problem is? Seems to be a long time out for a non declared reason, unless I've missed some info.

Just now, M271 said:

In the press conference today Ralph said that Theo is still not back in training due to injury, have they ever said what the problem is? Seems to be a long time out for a non declared reason, unless I've missed some info.

It amazing how many of our players pick up long term mysterious injuries isn't it......

• Confused 1