Popular Things You Don’t Really Get

Lighthouse

Mayonnaise.

Emulsified egg white and vegetable oil, come along to be in every single pre-packed bit of sandwich and wrap you can think of, including the ones that on face value wouldn't require it. Chicken Tikka doesn't contain this appalling waste of calories, so why do the sandwiches?

Disgusting, vile gloop.

Edited by Colinjb

4 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Bohemian rhapsody, the biggest load of pretentious pony ever recorded. 

Stairway to heaven, the second biggest load of pretentious pony ever recorded.

Good call. I hate Bohemian Rhapsody with a passion.

Not fussed about Stairway to Heaven, probably because it doesn't get played quite so much. 

• Like 1

Live and Let Die as a Bond theme. A great intro, followed by a really banal load of crap.

Earrings and nail varnish, neither of them make anyting more attractive than they were. I'd include false lashes and false nails, but everyone knows they are just crap overweight people use instead of eating less and exercising more.

Saunas. It's just an uncomfortably hot, steamy room where it's hard to breathe.

Cream, it's just bland

Sweetcorn, ruins any food it comes into contact with and clearly as little nutritional value.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, buctootim said:

Hershey's kisses. Rancid 

Hershey’s has a horrible vomit 🤮 note in the aftertaste. I thought it was down to the transfats it contained but it is still there.

Cheese - probably my lactose intolerance but have never liked it. Parmesan is the worst - and beats Hershey’s on the vomit enzyme count. Have seen people eating Parmos in the NE - foul.

Garage music - house I enjoyed but when Garage came in it was the first sign of me not being young any more.

Carling - Carlsberg not great either and Stella has a certain nickname in the trade, but Carling has the sulphur note from Marsdens without any of the fruitiness and balance of any of the Marsden’s range. Although Pedigree has always caused my stomach to go to Pedigree Chum.  Carling Premier was alright back in the 90s. 

Supporting one of the big 3-4 clubs - Man U, Liverpool etc without having a family or other connection eg you went to Uni there. How can you feel any connection when they succeed? Can understand admiring Best/Charlton/Law in the 60s or Cantona/Giggs 1990s but not plastic supporting and ringing 606 when you lose 1-0 at St Mary’s. 

38 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Most tattoos to be fair. Dont mind a small one that means something but blokes and women covered in loads of them, i dont get it.

Yep. The number of otherwise beautiful women with frickin awful badly executed tattoos. If you have to get one at least get it done by somebody who can actually draw and has some artistic ability.  

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

Most tattoos to be fair. Dont mind a small one that means something but blokes and women covered in loads of them, i dont get it.

Used to be that if you had a big bushy beard and full sleeve tattoos, you were hard as f*ck. These days it means you went to art college.

Girls with loads of tats aren’t my thing but to each their own. What I really don’t get are the lips which look like they’ve had an allergic reaction or bee sting. 

Beards on young men, unless you're a geography teacher, a biker, or homeless.

The latest TV's that cost as much as a small car and are the size of a, well, massive TV

Those f*****g meercat adverts / and the failed "opera" singer on the other ones, nice bloke I'm sure but please just go away.

Celebrity culture, OK if you've actually achieved something remarkable but Gemma Collins?? why ?

Have to agree with the excess female tattoo thing too, none of my business but it never looks attractive.

9 minutes ago, Winnersaint said:

Guildhall School of Music and Drama before attending the National Opera Studio.

Not debating his operatic ability, but that doesn't make him a nice guy. ( Which I reiterate - he isn't ).

Edited by badgerx16

22 minutes ago, egg said:

I like a little cheeky one say on the arse, lower back, shoulder etc, but not an arm sleeve, neck or some such. 

Nah, tramp stamps are not for me. I used to see a girl at the gym who had a small one on her ankle which I loved although it may also have had something to do with her incredibly fit body too.