Summer Transfer Window 2021

Dusic

We need a fast paced striker with skill and a little bit of strength as it will fit perfectly our transition and counter attacking game.

This Sorloth talk is nonsense as he doesnot fit at all what we are trying to achieve.

My picks would be:

- Kolo Muani of Nantes

- Iñaki Williams of Athletic Bilbao

- Eddy Nketiah of Arsenal

- Keita Balde of Monaco

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevy777_x said:

We need a fast paced striker with skill and a little bit of strength as it will fit perfectly our transition and counter attacking game.

A “bit” of strength??

We  need to toughen up. We need someone who will put himself about , a lot of strength is needed , not a bit. 

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, waylander said:

Allegedly interested in Noni Madueke from PSV, as well as other some other PL clubs and Bayern. But it is from The Evening Standard so probably b#ll#cks.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-transfer-latest-mikkel-damsgaard-noni-madueke-b949083.html

If those rival teams weren't enough to make you think we've got no chance, I read that PSV will only sell him for a crazy offer.

Shame the club don't bite the bullet to secure a deal for Abraham instead of pursuing the cheap option.  20 million plus one of our existing players. Would they want anyone though? Can't see any of our players getting into their first team

Aside from goals, Ings was an absolute pressing machine. Would image that ability is high up on the list of required attributes, and not all strikers are capable of it.

Will certainly be interesting to see the links that will surely emerge in the next week or so.

Still have both loan spots free too...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Shame the club don't bite the bullet to secure a deal for Abraham instead of pursuing the cheap option.  20 million plus one of our existing players. Would they want anyone though? Can't see any of our players getting into their first team

Why do you think he would sign decor us?

11 minutes ago, Mr X said:

We only have JWP left.

Maybe Tella at the end of this season as he will become the next one sold for 30m.

Just now, Dusic said:

Aside from goals, Ings was an absolute pressing machine. Would image that ability is high up on the list of required attributes, and not all strikers are capable of it.

Will certainly be interesting to see the links that will surely emerge in the next week or so.

I wonder if we might use one of those as a loan with obligation somewhere to spread the cost out.

25 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

I know Leicester have bought patson daka but if edouard was the real deal surely Brendan Rogers would have gone in for him as it was he who bought him in on loan at Celtic..Saw him in their champions league tie the other night and was about as interested as Harry Kane staying at Spurs ! 

1 hour ago, Dusic said:

Is Minamino still available?

6 minutes ago, saint lard said:

I watched with interest their opening game this season…..he was atrocious. 
ok,so perhaps he knew he was on his bike out of Celtic….but he was truly shite in every department. 

Celtic fans say he has a piss poor attitude and has been half-arsing it for a while now. I'd pass on him, if he does that there he would do it here too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cartman said:

Celtic fans say he has a piss poor attitude and has been half-arsing it for a while now. I'd pass on him, if he does that there he would do it here too.

Oh great, a player who once gets a sniff of a better off throws the towel in. We’ve not had our fingers burnt this way before…

Edited by Turkish

5 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I dunno, Sorloth for me is an interesting option. He had a stonking season in Turkey and not as good a year at RB, but I think there's something there.

Great physicality and arguably the sort of centre forward you could say we're missing and have done since Pelle left.

Be interesting to see how much he'd cost, but I wouldn't be so dismissive of him.

Thing is isn’t Adams now really our main physical hold up player .. I know he doesn’t have quite the same attributes as pelle but a lot of Adams best attributes seem to be his physicality and holding the ball up to play in the quicker faster guy (ings)

signing a big man kinda striker like sorloth might not get as well 

16 minutes ago, Cartman said:

The same Celtic fans who werent bothered losing Armstrong to us

14 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

The same Celtic fans who werent bothered losing Armstrong to us

Indeed. We’ve done pretty well out of Celtic as it’s a well trodden path you’d like to think that gives us the upper have v Brighton. I’m far from convinced we can and will spend what’s required to get him though.

6 hours ago, TWar said:

To be honest if we are spending that sort of money I think I'd prefer Armstrong to Edouard. Both would be pretty tasty though, given we were in for Armstrong independent of Ings going.

You don’t actually believe that, do you? 

The club obviously knew ings was off, they were just trying to get a replacement in before hand. 

6 hours ago, Turkish said:

You know I was thinking the other day Gabbiadini is perfect for Ralph’s system. Hard working, great clever movement, good finisher would be perfect running the space behind Adams. 

I thought that a while back as well. He never really got a chance, which was strange. 

• Like 1

Whatever player we end up with they better hit the ground running.

We need goals and proper players now, not someone we can mould and build up over the next three or four years, we could be in real dire straits by then.

There are solid bargains out there, the club just needs to bite the bullet and not buy kids.

It’s scary to me that we don’t have one clinical finisher at the club currently, even Adams is a scruffy finisher who can just as easily miss sitters..

ive got a horrible feeling we could be starting the season with Adams and Redmond up top..

but long tella obafemi and Walcott options also do not offer any finesse or clinical finishing either, it’s really important we get that with our ings replacement 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stevy777_x said:

This Sorloth talk is nonsense as he doesnot fit at all what we are trying to achieve.

My picks would be:

- Kolo Muani of Nantes

- Iñaki Williams of Athletic Bilbao

- Eddy Nketiah of Arsenal

- Keita Balde of Monaco

Like the look of those especially Kolo Muani.

10 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

A “bit” of strength??

We  need to toughen up. We need someone who will put himself about , a lot of strength is needed , not a bit. 

We should also make sure whoever we sign ain’t married…..

We will end up with AA, paying over the odds for him with the 40% sell on fee to Newcastle, around 22 million.  Still a bit of a gamble as it could take some time to get to grips with the speed of the premier League and do we have time for that? 

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

We will end up with AA, paying over the odds for him with the 40% sell on fee to Newcastle, around 22 million.  Still a bit of a gamble as it could take some time to get to grips with the speed of the premier League and do we have time for that? 

I think you're right, and I like the look of him. I could see Obafemi involved, probably for an inflated fee, thus a lower fee for Armstrong to keep the sell on down. If Obafemi is involved, it'll slow things as there'll be his discussions and probably talks with Newcastle too as we won't want to sour relations with them, and nor will Blackburn. 

4 minutes ago, egg said:

I think you're right, and I like the look of him. I could see Obafemi involved, probably for an inflated fee, thus a lower fee for Armstrong to keep the sell on down. If Obafemi is involved, it'll slow things as there'll be his discussions and probably talks with Newcastle too as we won't want to sour relations with them, and nor will Blackburn. 

Maybe although I'd be surprised if they would want obafemi as they know Ralph isn't keen on him already combined with his questionable attitude/work ethic.  He isn't anywhere near AA and he's had premier League experience so that gives me hope that AA can adapt to the league 

1 hour ago, skintsaint said:

Just get Chris Wood in, scored as many as Ings last year. Will keep everyone happy won't it as seems we just want the goals replaced.

I'm not sure he's the answer, but they wouldn't sell him to us unless the fee was massive. 

• Like 1

On tbe face of it Adams isn't going to score the goals that Ings would of/has done. And I agree. However I would suggest he will be better than most on here think and I'd be surprised if he is not up at the 12 to15 mark this season. 

Players develop and I think his Scotland call up and subsequent Euros experience will have done his confidence the world of good. I also expect the absence of Ings to help him in terms of taking responsibility (until we see who comes in at least) and being the main man. 

I do not think he is likely to be a world beater but I do think he can be the level of say a Beattie. 

Hopefully Perraud will add far more in the last third than Berttand did and so more crosses from that side will be better for a right footer than the opposite. 

I'm desperate for a decent striker, I think Abraham is my first choice, I'd be happy with Origi (despite others less enthusiastic response to him) but also like the sound of Armstrong, Maduake, and Nketiah. 

IF we can also get Delaney, a 2nd LB (this Josh Doig perhaps)then I'd think it was a reasonably decent window. 

If Vestergaard goes I worry we might not have a CB lined up, unless they think Delaney CAN do that role week in week out. 

I'd love a GK but not expecting any change there sadly. Forster is my preferred one of the two but wouldn't care which was replaced, ideally both🤣🤣

IF and I think it is a big if we do sell JWP, as long as it is in the 50-60m region I wpuldnt be bothered as long as it is all used on players, his replacement this summer and maybe a bit next summer.

Overall, I'm a bit more optimistic than some I think subject to the incomings. It will hopefully be an interesting and exciting 2 to 3 weeks!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SKD said:

I thought that a while back as well. He never really got a chance, which was strange. 

Didn’t we have to sell him to buy someone else in Ralph’s early days? With Ings, Austin and Long at the time I guess he thought we we had enough up front to let him go. 

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Didn’t we have to sell him to buy someone else in Ralph’s early days? With Ings, Austin and Long at the time I guess he thought we we had enough up front to let him go. 

Wasn’t there reports that he was homesick too? He never really seemed to settle after his initial burst on the scene. I loved him, we criminally misused him, what a waste.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

Wasn’t there reports that he was homesick too? He never really seemed to settle after his initial burst on the scene. I loved him, we criminally misused him, what a waste.

Can’t remember. He definitely had something though. Puel got the best out of him, he was in fire until he got that injury. we didn’t use him properly but that’s no surprise given the clowns we had in charge. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Can’t remember. He definitely had something though. Puel got the best out of him, he was in fire until he got that injury. we didn’t use him properly but that’s no surprise given the clowns we had in charge. 

Our midfielders take too much time to get their heads up. By the time they have the opportunity has gone - was the same with Danny ings.

1 hour ago, MarkSFC said:

On tbe face of it Adams isn't going to score the goals that Ings would of/has done. And I agree. However I would suggest he will be better than most on here think and I'd be surprised if he is not up at the 12 to 15 mark this season. 

Contradict yourself a little there.

Last season...

Adams 9 PL goals

Ings 12 PL goals

This season you say you think Adams might score 12 to 15 goals. Which is more than Ings did last season.

• Confused 2

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

Contradict yourself a little there.

Last season...

Adams 9 PL goals

Ings 12 PL goals

This season you say you think Adams might score 12 to 15 goals. Which is more than Ings did last season.

To score the goals Ings does he we would need to get Ings' goals on top of his own. That way he would be filling the Ings void without leaving his own void. Atleast that's how I read it.