Man City 5-2 Saints - Match Thread

LGTL

Have to say I agree with Bertrand at RB given the situation. 

ralph obviously thinks (and I don’t blame him) of our CB’s that Salisu at LB is the strongest / best option. Stephens and Bednerak have been appalling there, so pointless trying that again. 

Right footed players play LB, so no reason why a left footed player can’t play RB. 

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Started well but we usually do and end up fading drastically 

Not pressing anywhere near as high or frantic as we usually do. Credit to Ralph, seems to have a plan here rather than the usual let’s just Chuck out the same 11 and hope for the best. 

we’ll probably still get a pasting, but it’s a positive sign he’s willing to change. 

Edited by SKD

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Fuck sake McCarthy.

Martin Tyler saying Mccarthy starting because he's better playing out. I dont see that at all. Forster is a better keeper and his distribution is as good as Mccarthy if not better

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Streaky said:

Martin Tyler saying Mccarthy starting because he's better playing out. I dont see that at all. Forster is a better keeper and his distribution is as good as Mccarthy if not better

McCarthy's distribution is terrible - if he is not passing it to the opposition he puts it in to touch.

• Like 1

15 minutes in and it is already a damage limitation exercise. I didn’t like that line up. That was the line up of someone who fears the opposing team and has previously had a couple of 9 nil thrashings on his CV. I’m a Ralph supporter but that was an odd line up.

Still this is a free hit and Brighton is more important. That said we don’t want another thrashing crushing our confidence levels again.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Man City 5-2 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic