Bournemouth 0-3 Saints - Match Thread

Noodles34

Just now, Sheaf Saint said:

I honestly cannot fathom how they can look at those lines and decide with absolute certainty that it's offside. It's getting fucking ridiculous now.

It didn't need the blue and yellow lines to be drawn, looking at the still frame with the line of the cut of the pitch he was clearly, just, offside.

Yet another reason why a goal scored now is like 2 mini celebrations, the first because we score and then you think it might count, followed by the second if confirmation is given.

Sad thing is that both added together aren’t the same as a good old fashioned goal celebration 🙁

Edited by Sunglasses Ron

3 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Yet another reason why a goal scored now is like 2 mini celebrations, the first because we score and then you think it might count, followed by the second if confirmation is given.

Sad thing is that both added together aren’t the same as a good old fashioned goal celebration 🙁

Tbh I thought it was offside straight away. It was Closer than i was expecting 

1 minute ago, SKD said:

Tbh I thought it was offside straight away. It was Closer than i was expecting 

I don’t watch the games live, just rely on here and the BBC. Whenever we score now I kind of treat it the same as winning a penalty and hope that it eventually counts.

1 minute ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Why didn't Redmond slide that through to Adams FFS! 

He's such an infuriating player. Never takes the right option and just runs into trouble instead.

Moan at him for not driving at players, moan at him for driving at players. 

The bloke can’t win, the agenda is clear. 

8 minutes ago, Monk said:

Why was KWP line drawn from his elbow?

Exactly.

IFAB 2020-2021 states the following for an offside determination:

The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered

These pricks either don't understand the fucking rules or they're flat out ignoring them.

1 minute ago, SKD said:

Moan at him for not driving at players, moan at him for driving at players. 

The bloke can’t win, the agenda is clear. 

He had a brilliant opportunity to play in Adams if he had only bothered to look.

Decided to take on 3 players instead.

Edited by Sheaf Saint

Just now, Sheaf Saint said:

He had a brilliant opportunity to play in Adams if he had only bothered to look.

Adams would have missed anyway. No doubt you wouldn’t have pissed your pants if Adams missed a sitter though. 

2 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

Exactly.

The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered

These pricks either don't understand the fucking rules or they're flat out ignoring them.

Just makes this season even more infuriating. We'd have had 4 or 5 more goals if they actually followed the rules.

1 minute ago, JustinSFC said:

Exactly.

To be fair they changed the law this season (midway through) that the sleeve is now considered as offside. 

KWP is wearing long sleeves, so I don’t know how the judge. Either way, no advantage gained from it, so shouldn’t be offside imo. 

pathetic rule being highlighted by VAR.

1 minute ago, SKD said:

Bournemouth are absolutely shite. 

You just know this ends 1-0 to them. 

We are basically the same as normal. No changes from Brighton. No fresh impetus from a week off. Arguably worse given the corner kicks.

Edited by BotleySaint
  • Like 1

Just now, BotleySaint said:

Just makes this season even more infuriating. We'd have had 4 or 5 more goals if they actually followed the rules.

Judging by other examples eg Bamford for Leeds I think it was, it’s the former eg Stockley Park don’t understand the rules. That’s what happens if you let ex-posties run games. Ex players from the lower leagues please trained through the levels who actually understand the game

2 minutes ago, SKD said:

Adams would have missed anyway. No doubt you wouldn’t have pissed your pants if Adams missed a sitter though. 

Adams may or may not have missed. But we'll never know because Redmond chose the wrong option, like he does every single time he gets the ball.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Bournemouth 0-3 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic