Tino Livramento

SuperSAINT

2 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Seems to be a positive signing if true, seems highly rated by Chelsea fans.

Wonder what the deal is like, can imagine it’s got a high % sell on fee / add ons.

I thought he was out of contract in which case we only pay a development fee, but others may know different or better.

11 minutes ago, Badger said:

I thought he was out of contract in which case we only pay a development fee, but others may know different or better.

11 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Similar to Simeu, I guess.

It is a different situation to Simeu.

Simeu was out of contract on 30th June 2021, but due to being under 23 and Chelsea offering him a contract it meant Saints either had to come to an agreement with Chelsea or it go to a tribunal. 

Livramento is not out of contract until 2022. So it would be a normal transfer if Saints sign him.

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TWar said:

Would be an insane bit of business! Come on!!

Not sure on this source though...

6 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Insane? We’ve hardly signed Haaland FFS

He was Chelsea's academy player of the season for 2021 as an 18 year old playing in their under 23 team. It would be a coup. Chelsea want to keep him but are only selling due to his refusal to sign a new contract.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Looks like he's going to cost £5m. 

The article states he can play both sides of defence as well, so that's a big bonus. Would imagine he's now first choice back-up for both LB and RB.

Pinch of salt as it's Crook but happy days.

Edited by Saint Matty 76

If he can play rb and lb then that's a great signing and really strengthens us at the back. If we can get in a decent dm then I won't mind so much about not strengthening the attack. If we keep hold of our players and got one more in after this then that's a good window imo. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Looks like he's going to cost £5m. 

The article states he can play both sides of defence as well, so that's a big bonus. Would imagine he's now first choice back-up for both LB and RB.

Pinch of salt as it's Crook but happy days.

Anyone got any links or screenshots of Alex Crook’s “nailed on exclusives” like Ings new contract?

🙄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

Based on reactions from Chelsea fans this seems like a real coup. Can play either side at full back / wing back. Seems to have potential to be a superstar so this is a smart signing. 

He may even become a winger, Bale style, eventually. Really talented all round footballer.

22 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

He was Chelsea's academy player of the season for 2021 as an 18 year old playing in their under 23 team. It would be a coup. Chelsea want to keep him but are only selling due to his refusal to sign a new contract.

A coup but not insane 

• Like 2

Chelsea are our feeder club.

Positive signing going on what I am reading on various websites. Hard step up from reserve football to the top flight though, but can't complain about the club signing players like these in and around the first team.

• Haha 1

Chelsea have proved they can bring through young talent (Hudson-Odoi, James, Mount, Abraham - real name Kevin, who knew!) in their current squad so it is a surprise that they seem to be shedding youngsters to us. I don't know anything about Livramento bar what I read, but he seems to be a right back that can play at left back, so perhaps he sees James as direct competition and blocking his pathway.

A lot of Chelsea youngsters seem to be jumping ship though, in spite of the pathway that seems to be there. Simeu and Livramento to us, Tomori and Guehi have already left them, Bate and Myles Peart-Harris have left recently too. And Gilmour and Gallagher are out on loan. Maybe there is something rotten in the state of  ̷D̷e̷n̷m̷a̷r̷k̷ Chelsea perhaps. They also have a wealth of more senior players that are unlikely to get a look in, so perhaps that's telling. Loftus-Cheek, Barkley, Rahman, Ampadu, Drinkwater, Chalobah, Bakayoko, Baker, Batshuai, are all on their books still. And most of them CDAJFU in my opinion!

Sounds like a coup if we pull it off though. Chelsea seems to be a decent team to raid this summer. It also provides us with the full back cover we desperately need. I wonder if this means Valery will be off, as I thought we'd keep him this season and bring in a left back as competition to Perraud.

7 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

If he can play rb and lb then that's a great signing and really strengthens us at the back. If we can get in a decent dm then I won't mind so much about not strengthening the attack. If we keep hold of our players and got one more in after this then that's a good window imo. 

Agree. On paper looks like a very good deal. 

Not getting too excited about the ‘future super star’ comments. If he’s that good, Chelsea will probably have a buy back clause and / or he’ll be gone before he reaches that level anyway. 

Hopefully he can have an impact like lamptey did at Brighton. Fair play saints. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Can’t see anything negative about this. Let’s face it, the academy has been somewhat barren ground of late, so this makes much sense.

And one of the reasons for that is because Chelsea's academy hoovers up so much of the talent in the south, as Man City's does in the north, by offering ridiculous incentives to kids' parents that we simply cannot compete with. So there's a kind of poetic justice about us signing one of their brightest prospects.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Now we actually have a good source I'm even more excited!

We struggled to bring through fullback cover from our own academy? No matter, lets just sign the best player from the best academy in the country. He was Chelseas top scholar playing with the under 23's and he's just 18, that's mad! You only have to look at the list of Chelsea's previous top scholars to realise how exciting this is:

2015: Solanke

2016: Tomori

2017: Mount

2018: James

2019: Gallagher

2020: Gilmour

2021: Livramento

That is some prestigious company. I genuinely think for a club of our size and for the position we are trying to fill (back up fullback) he is the best signing we could have made. Much better than an expensive loan for Brandon Williams or a bid for Neco Williams. Probably better than even Doig. For those saying "it's not that great" or "we're not signing Haaland". We will never sign Haaland or a player of his size, make your peace with that. When it comes to signing a back up fullback this player is a masterstroke in my opinion. 

Edited by TWar
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, tunit said:

Not a fan of the buy back clause, I think that should be banned really. But still a great signing nonetheless 

Why should it be banned? Look at it like a 3 year loan where chelsea pay us to develop their player? Do you want loans banned? 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Saint86 said:

Why should it be banned? Look at it like a 3 year loan where chelsea pay us to develop their player? Do you want loans banned? 🤷‍♂️

Say he's another Bale and in 3 years time his market value is £50m+. If the buy back is set at £20m then we are being screwed out of a lot of money. Thats the part of it I dont like. 

5 minutes ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

How exactly does the buy back clause work? Chelsea fans are saying they have an automatic right to buy him back for 20m. 

They work exactly like that. They’ll be a clause in the contract (usually expires after a certain period), that they can buy them back for x amount. 

It’s basically a release clause, but only for a certain club. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tunit said:

Say he's another Bale and in 3 years time his market value is £50m+. If the buy back is set at £20m then we are being screwed out of a lot of money. Thats the part of it I dont like. 

Chelsea would just buy him back for £20m and immediately sell him for more, taking a nice tidy profit with them.

Of course, it would all be down to the player to say yes or no so hopefully he enjoys his time here!

18 minutes ago, TWar said:

Now we actually have a good source I'm even more excited!

We struggled to bring through fullback cover from our own academy? No matter, lets just sign the best player from the best academy in the country. He was Chelseas top scholar playing with the under 23's and he's just 18, that's mad! You only have to look at the list of Chelsea's previous top scholars to realise how exciting this is:

2015: Solanke

2016: Tomori

2017: Mount

2018: James

2019: Gallagher

2020: Gilmour

2021: Livramento

That is some prestigious company. I genuinely think for a club of our size and for the position we are trying to fill (back up fullback) he is the best signing we could have made. Much better than an expensive loan for Brandon Williams or a bid for Neco Williams. Probably better than even Doig. For those saying "it's not that great" or "we're not signing Haaland". We will never sign Haaland or a player of his size, make your peace with that. When it comes to signing a back up fullback this player is a masterstroke in my opinion. 

We know that, clearly. 

Have you ever seen him play or are you again wetting your pants over a few articles and good reviews on Reddit, like you have with That french lad. 

Christ; anyone would think we’re lining up with Roberto Carlos and Cafu with how you’ve ‘bigged’ them up. Bet you’d never heard of them a few month back. 

1 hour ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

Young players got a chance at Chelsea because they had a transfer ban. That has now ended and they don’t need to wait for talent to develop any longer and can buy off the shelf.  Good for clubs like us.

The youngsters were getting a chance under clubman Frank Lampard but now that he has been ousted to make way for another foreign manager with a big budget from Abramovich, they probably feel it's best to move on.

3 minutes ago, igsey said:

Chelsea would just buy him back for £20m and immediately sell him for more, taking a nice tidy profit with them.

Of course, it would all be down to the player to say yes or no so hopefully he enjoys his time here!

I'm not sure Chelsea work that way. They seem to focus on the 1st team and rarely worry about players out on loan. They had a buy back on Lukaku and ignored it.

If he's that good (potentially) then this is a good move. Helps Saints whilst they are cash strapped.

Nothing to dislike here 

10 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

It is a different situation to Simeu.

Simeu was out of contract on 30th June 2021, but due to being under 23 and Chelsea offering him a contract it meant Saints either had to come to an agreement with Chelsea or it go to a tribunal. 

Livramento is not out of contract until 2022. So it would be a normal transfer if Saints sign him.

Top Google, Top Wiki

1 minute ago, SKD said:

We know that, clearly. 

Have you ever seen him play or are you again wetting your pants over a few articles and good reviews on Reddit, like you have with That french lad. 

Christ; anyone would think we’re lining up with Roberto Carlos and Cafu with how you’ve ‘bigged’ them up. Bet you’d never heard of them a few month back. 

Sorry you are so keen to be negative. I'm sure you can go back to crying about the club soon. We aren't signing Carlos of Cafu to be our back up fullback... Moderate your expectations.

For what he is he's a great signing and I'm not going to apologise for taking the word of the entire Chelsea training staff who say he is brilliant over some whiney prick on the internet who does nothing but complain.

• Like 14

• Lighthouse changed the title to Tino Livramento