Tino Livramento

SuperSAINT

3 hours ago, VectisSaint said:

He is a (short) lifelong Chelsea supporter, it has always been his dream to play for the Blues. I think you can be confident that if he does well and Chelsea activate the buyback option, that he will go back.

Not if they still have at least two internationals ahead of him in his position. Which they will, because they're Chelsea.

He's not going to leave for first team football and then move back to sit in the stands again.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TWar said:

I doubt he starts for a while. KWP and Perraud will likely be our starting fullbacks while he gets up to speed with how we play, likely just be a rotation/cup option in the first season. Going forward who knows though, and if either get a major injury he'll have to show what he can do.

that was what I was getting at. If there is an injury, is he good enough right now to play games at this level? 

Hopefully there wont be an injury and we wont need to find out, but there is a slight gamble there. There always is, I suppose, but for all the excitement,  Perraud and the two Chelsea signings haven't actually made us a better side immediately...and going on the second half of the season form we need to see a big improvement.

5 minutes ago, Chez said:

that was what I was getting at. If there is an injury, is he good enough right now to play games at this level? 

Hopefully there wont be an injury and we wont need to find out, but there is a slight gamble there. There always is, I suppose, but for all the excitement,  Perraud and the two Chelsea signings haven't actually made us a better side immediately...and going on the second half of the season form we need to see a big improvement.

Yeah, I do agree - and that's why people were trying to play down the hype of this addition yesterday.

It's all about potential with Tino, no one knows how he could do in a premier league game as he's never been exposed at this level. Obviously coaches and scouts see something in him for him to be so sought after, and when clubs like RB Lipzig are sniffing around young talent then there is obviously something there.

We'll have to see I guess. Hopefully he can get some mins in the cup games just to bed himself into professional football before he's thrown into a PL game.

I think it's a sensible, gamble free addition though.

Edited by S-Clarke

17 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Yeah, I do agree - and that's why people were trying to play down the hype of this addition yesterday.

It's all about potential with Tino, no one knows how he could do in a premier league game as he's never been exposed at this level. Obviously coaches and scouts see something in him for him to be so sought after, and when clubs like RB Lipzig are sniffing around young talent then there is obviously something there.

We'll have to see I guess. Hopefully he can get some mins in the cup games just to bed himself into professional football before he's thrown into a PL game.

I think it's a sensible, gamble free addition though.

I guess it's no different to the likes of Dortmund signing Sancho. Some young players just stand out so much that you know they will do it. We know that better than most with Bale, Theo and Shaw.

11 hours ago, Chez said:

From what is already known about him, I have no doubt that he would be an infinitely better deputy  to KWP than Valery could ever hope to be.

And he will only get better with games and experience.

That's enough for me.

6 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

From what is already known about him, I have no doubt that he would be an infinitely better deputy  to KWP than Valery could ever hope to be.

And he will only get better with games and experience.

That's enough for me.

Young, hungry and guarenteed to improve, yes?

17 hours ago, qwertyell said:

Not if they still have at least two internationals ahead of him in his position. Which they will, because they're Chelsea.

He's not going to leave for first team football and then move back to sit in the stands again.

It would be nice to think that, but Ings seems keen to return to the likes of Liverpool to be fourth or fifth choice, when he's allegedly a Saints fan who's getting first team football.

17 hours ago, Chez said:

The centre-back guy hasn't but we have 4 centre-backs anyway, he was signed to start in the B team, think it even said that in his announcement. He's basically swapped reserve teams, but to one where there is a more likely and sooner path to the first team. 

Tino though I can only presume has been signed to be back up to KWP, I mean whether he is good enough to step straight into a PL I don't know, but I reckon the club must think he is able to and I think that has been pitched to him and why he signed for us. 

But considering we had no back up right back for the 2nd half of the season really, and the only option now is Valery who seems to have regressed and didn't do great on loan in the championship, I would say Chelsea's young player of the year, considering the size of the club, how many talented youngsters they have and who has won that award before (Mount, Tomori, James as examples) then I would have to say that has immediately made us a better side. 

Because well we played Ramsey last year, and I am pretty certain the best player in Chelsea's U23s is going to be a lot better than him, and I also think he likely to better than Valery as well.

Certainly maybe not as an immediate improvement as signing a proven PL right back or like an international from another league maybe, but then why would such a player come be back up for us anyway and why would we waste our limited funds on a back up to a position where we have one of our best players.

I think out of the potential options the club took the best one, they signed an unproven, but highly rated young player, possibly it seems the best right back in all the U23 teams, for a cheap fee who can hopefully develop into a very good player. 

Our other options were spend more on a more proven player taking wages and transfer fees we need elsewhere, getting a loan of some like Williams who is probably more PL proven but would take a lot of wages and we'd be basically developing someone elses player or getting an unproven young player from abroad who is probably an even bigger risk.

47 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Are we believing the claim that he was Ralph's top target this summer? 

Depends how you define top target. If it is the biggest signing then no, Perraud is bigger. If it is the player who is best suited for the role we are buying them for (ie back up fullback with potential to develop) then yeah, it's a tremendous signing and I think Ralph appreciates that.

Edited by TWar
  • Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Tino Livramento
  • 2 weeks later...

Livramento in the top 10 for attacking yardage (I assume it means something like that) for week one of the Premier League. 

I'm not sure how it has come to this that we have two great right backs and crud elsewhere, but there we are! I can only hope he's as good as left back as he seems to be at right back seeing as he's effectively covering both positions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Livramento in the top 10 for attacking yardage (I assume it means something like that) for week one of the Premier League. 

I'm not sure how it has come to this that we have two great right backs and crud elsewhere, but there we are! I can only hope he's as good as left back as he seems to be at right back seeing as he's effectively covering both positions.

Worth noting this doesn't include the "traditional big 6", which is what this other14 thing means. Weird thing to do given teams like Leicester and West Ham were very competitive with teams like Arsenal and Spurs last season.

Just now, TWar said:

Worth noting this doesn't include the "traditional big 6", which is what this other14 thing means. Weird thing to do given teams like Leicester and West Ham were very competitive with teams like Arsenal and Spurs last season.

Ah that makes sense! I just saw it on another forum. You're right that Leicester could arguably implant Arsenal as top 6 really but the media would never allow it. When Leeds are top 6 a couple of times, then it will be the top 7. Then we wait for Villa and, perhaps one day, Forest for it to become the top 9. 😜

If you ask me Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd are blowing everyone out of the water with their spending, and Liverpool will never be considered out of it in the media's eyes, so I'm surprised it hasn't resorted to "top 4" again. Arsenal and (to a lesser extent) Spurs have a long road back to regularly compete for the title although both have fanbase and infrastructure in place.

I couldn't find a stream on Saturday, so I followed GOT for updates as a 1,000 moaning scousers is very useful for live updates. They were moaning that they didn't scout him. It was nice reading the oppositions views of that performance. This kid has the world at his feet. I turned off after an hour.......obviously

• Like 1

He definitely had a good debut, crazy to think that was his first senior appearance. You could see why he was selected ahead of KWP, one of our top and consistent performers from last season. He has the attacking skills and close control that we've missed since Lallana, the final ball does need some work, but can't expect the finished product at just 18. Excited to see what more is to come and if he can play in the 10 position to allow KWP back in.

Would definitely be up for playing him on the right instead of Walcott. TW was an absolute passenger the entire game on Saturday, as he was through pretty much the last six months of last season. KWP and TL both have pace and close control to burn - could be a superb pairing.

• Like 3

On 17/08/2021 at 05:07, verlaine1979 said:

Would definitely be up for playing him on the right instead of Walcott. TW was an absolute passenger the entire game on Saturday, as he was through pretty much the last six months of last season. KWP and TL both have pace and close control to burn - could be a superb pairing.

If Ralph can't see this and select them thus, he really is stumbling towards the exit door.

1 hour ago, austsaint said:

If Ralph can't see this and select them thus, he really is stumbling towards the exit door.

I'm not totally convinced that selecting a young kid out of position on his second start for the club, against man utd, is a great idea, but it could work out

31 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

It isn't out of position, he played in midfield on numerous occasions during his time at Chelsea.

6 hours ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

I'm not totally convinced that selecting a young kid out of position on his second start for the club, against man utd, is a great idea, but it could work out

It's correct that he played RM for Chelsea (under 23's) but never as a 10 in a 4222. Although he looks like he could play anywhere, we've signed the lad as a full back, and playing him out of that position in only his second professional game would be a weird one. 

Personally I don't think he'll play on Sunday. KWP back at RB; Romeu, Diallo, JWP and S Armstrong at 6/10. 

9 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Forster

Kwp new CB Salisu peraud 

Livramento jwp romeu Armstrong 

Armstrong Adams 

Isn't a bad team. 

But you just know it dont you that its all going to be the same old predictable tactics and poor substitutions as per normal.

Why are we so trusting so early on in the Chelsea players weve bought in rather than everyone raving on about the guy who lasted 2 mins at Manure and he didnt even get another kick?

I think he (and probably Perraud as well)gives us the option to go to wingbacks, they are both the sort of players who look physical (speed/strengths/work rate) (KWP as well) to get up and down the flank on their own and still create enough going forward. 

That would give us the option to basically ditch the inconsistent wide players, play two up front and have S.Armstrong as driving force from midfield and probably allow JWP to get further forward, whilst the 3 centre-backs should give is a bit more defensively stability. Plus the pace of the wingbacks and A.Armstrong up front should give us plenty of pace on the counter, with Tella another option to add to that.

4 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

It isn't out of position, he played in midfield on numerous occasions during his time at Chelsea.

Not in a first team game he didn't.  Playing U23s and playing against Man Utd are completely different things.  Besides which has he ever played as a number 10 at U23 level in a 4-2-2-2 formation?  No, he hasn't. It's a perfectly valid suggestion however it's also perfectly valid to point out it's a risk based on lack of experience in that position (as well as a lack of experience in general).  Personally we've got Stuart Armstrong presumably available and he's the best person to play in that role so I'd play him instead. 

1 hour ago, tajjuk said:

I think he (and probably Perraud as well)gives us the option to go to wingbacks, they are both the sort of players who look physical (speed/strengths/work rate) (KWP as well) to get up and down the flank on their own and still create enough going forward. 

That would give us the option to basically ditch the inconsistent wide players, play two up front and have S.Armstrong as driving force from midfield and probably allow JWP to get further forward, whilst the 3 centre-backs should give is a bit more defensively stability. Plus the pace of the wingbacks and A.Armstrong up front should give us plenty of pace on the counter, with Tella another option to add to that.

IMO, we need to find a way of getting KWP and Tino into the same side, as KWP is one of our best players.

Could Tino play as a RCB in a three? Maybe...probably KWP RWB with JWP Romeu and Armstrong in the middle.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Forster

Kwp new CB Salisu peraud 

Livramento jwp romeu Armstrong 

Armstrong Adams 

Isn't a bad team. 

It also increases the chances of one of our 3 full backs getting injured. 

I'm all for the idea but it would leave us dangerously light of full back cover again and we'd need to bring another one in. Which we won't. 

3 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

It also increases the chances of one of our 3 full backs getting injured. 

I'm all for the idea but it would leave us dangerously light of full back cover again and we'd need to bring another one in. Which we won't. 

It's depressing looking at our backup options. We have very few options off the bench of we decide to play our best team. 

2 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

IMO, we need to find a way of getting KWP and Tino into the same side, as KWP is one of our best players.

Could Tino play as a RCB in a three? Maybe...probably KWP RWB with JWP Romeu and Armstrong in the middle.

Not sure he's much of centre-back, though I will say that Scotland had some good success with Robertson at left wing back and Tierney as LCB in a 3, which gave them an interesting attacking threat down the left. 

9 hours ago, Roo1976 said:the guy who lasted 2 mins at Manure and he didnt even get another kick?

9 hours ago, Roo1976 said:

everyone raving on about the guy who lasted 2 mins at Manure and he didnt even get another kick?

He’s got a champions league qualifier tonight, interesting if he makes the starting line-up!  
As we apparently need a DM, and Jankwitz had Maddison in his pocket in the u21 international. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Killers Knee said:

He’s got a champions league qualifier tonight, interesting if he makes the starting line-up!  
As we apparently need a DM, and Jankwitz had Maddison in his pocket in the u21 international. 

Only made his debut off the bench at the weekend. On the bench again tonight.

This guy looks the nuts, young Gareth bale springs to mind with his marauding runs, has the body strength to hold off players and is very hard to stop when he drives forward.. would love to see him in front of kwp with license to attack.. it speaks volumes how he’s already relegated kwp to the bench who was a revelation himself at right back..

cant wait to see Broja lol

• Like 3

That first half run where he basically outmuscled Fred was absolutely gorgeous. He'll be back at Chelsea at some point you'd think the basis of this. Hopefully we can keep hold of him for a couple of seasons at least and opportunities he is gettign will help us keep helping us grab other disgruntled talented youngsters

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, warwicksaint said:

Anyone know how long Chelsea have to buy him back before that clause expires? If we can hold onto him for 4/5 years he could be worth a fair bit of money 

Would imagine it's for the length of his contract, with a reported 38m buy back

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

@TWar took some flak for the insane signing thing, but in youth football, the move really turned heads.

One day people will wake up to my genius. If I say it's an insane signing it's an insane signing 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I only managed to see the second half of the Everton game and he didn't really stand out in that but then the  whole side looked a bit crap.  Today though I thought he was excellent.  Looked as if he tired a bit in the second half but that's fair enough and he wasn't the only one to do that.  If he continues to improve as you'd expect him to then I can easily see him dominating that right flank.  If Armstrong is out in future then I think I'd rather see a combination of KWP and Livramento than having Walcott in the starting 11. 

• Like 5

• Lighthouse changed the title to Tino Livramento