Tino Livramento

SuperSAINT

(she’ll be coming round the mountain)

We've got Tino Livramento on the right,

We've got Tino Livramento on the right,

We got Tino Livramento in the Summer Transfer window,

and he says he wants to play in red and white

Edited by Manuel

I actually don’t understand this buy back deal at all. Is the buy back value cast in stone? Is it that Chelsea just get first refusal and can chose not to buy him back? Are there time limits? What if he doesn’t play ? What if he regresses ?  Am I the only one being thick??

52 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

I actually don’t understand this buy back deal at all. Is the buy back value cast in stone? Is it that Chelsea just get first refusal and can chose not to buy him back? Are there time limits? What if he doesn’t play ? What if he regresses ?  Am I the only one being thick??

It’ll be a set fee that Chelsea can pay us to buy him back, and there’ll be nothing we can do to stop it. He can turn down Chelsea if he wanted. Normally there’s a time period attached - i.e. not before 1 year has passed, or it expires after a couple of years. We can sell him to other clubs at any price we want, but presumably Chelsea will have to be notified before we do it, so they can choose whether to buy him first or not.

1 hour ago, saintwbu said:

It’ll be a set fee that Chelsea can pay us to buy him back, and there’ll be nothing we can do to stop it. He can turn down Chelsea if he wanted. Normally there’s a time period attached - i.e. not before 1 year has passed, or it expires after a couple of years. We can sell him to other clubs at any price we want, but presumably Chelsea will have to be notified before we do it, so they can choose whether to buy him first or not.

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Barsiem said:

Looks like we may see Livramento at winger at some point.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/19588036.ralph-hasenhuttl-says-tino-livramento-play-winger/

It would be great if we can get both him and KWP in the same side.  Two of our best players

With Stu and Theo still unavailable, it's the perfect excuse to try it.

Some people reckon we shouldn't because he's a full back not a winger, but he has played in more attacking roles before with Chelsea and England, and I seem to remember another young Saints full back who successfully converted to an attacking player - he didn't do too badly for himself did he!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barsiem said:

Looks like we may see Livramento at winger at some point.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/19588036.ralph-hasenhuttl-says-tino-livramento-play-winger/

It would be great if we can get both him and KWP in the same side.  Two of our best players

Odd comment by Ralph about not shouting on the pitch at the end of that article: 

Hasenhuttl, who added: “If you know me you would know I’m not a big fan of big shouting on the pitch.

“Taking, I don’t know, leaderships on the pitch or whatever.

“Run, play football and do what we ask you to do and do a good job for a player we have for running and not shouting.”

34 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Nice video compilation of Tino’s very impressive start in a Saints shirt.

We’ve only seen him play 5 games, but already looks like he’s going to be a top player. £5m is a joke, absolute steal!

Excellent montage highlighting just how good this lad is. That could quite easily be a skills video showcasing the talents of a quality senior player who has been at the top for years and yet it comes from just a few matches. He is a special talent and we are so lucky to have him for however long.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

We’ve only seen him play 5 games, but already looks like he’s going to be a top player. £5m is a joke, absolute steal!

I know this is over-exaggeration but if you squint slightly whilst viewing that video you could almost be fooled into believing you're watching Ronaldo. (Yeah, ridiculous, isn't it)

Odds on a cheeky World Cup squad call up this season...? #gettingaheadofoneself

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, goodymatt said:

Insane signing.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, goodymatt said:

That is just fabulous.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rooney said:

Certainly has bags of talent. Reminds me of when Bale and Shaw first came in the first team as full backs.

Yeah, he's got that similar Bale/Shaw swagger to his game. You can tell those sorts of players pretty quickly, we've been lucky to see quite a few of them over the years.

20 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Well, the bidding starts at £40m.. (and ends there if it’s Chelsea).

I'm not sure why.  Ever since Bosman players haven't been compelled to go to a club other than one of their choosing, regardless of buy-back clauses

18 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I'm not sure why.  Ever since Bosman players haven't been compelled to go to a club other than one of their choosing, regardless of buy-back clauses

Doesn't stop us from saying no though.

Either way, bidding starts at £40m. Also it's not too reputable a source so not too worried just yet.

Still, nice showing of his quality he is already being touted to a move to united after 5 games, quite a good signing I'd say 😉

Edited by TWar

7 hours ago, Uncle Albert said:

So why did Man U scouts not identify him as a target before the transfer to Saints? Do the people who put out this rubbish really expect us to believe such crap. It would say a lot for their scouting system if they didn't notice him before, its not like he was hidden away so no one could see him.

5 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

So why did Man U scouts not identify him as a target before the transfer to Saints? Do the people who put out this rubbish really expect us to believe such crap. It would say a lot for their scouting system if they didn't notice him before, its not like he was hidden away so no one could see him.

He was an insane prospect for Chelsea but he wasn't proven yet. Teams of Uniteds size have the money and influence to let players like him and many others go to smaller teams and then buy them after they become proven. It isn't prudent for them to try and sign/develop the best and brightest of the new class when they can just allow them all to get valuable experience and sign the best of the best after that.

Edited by TWar

8 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

They will have identified him. But just like VvD at Celtic, they’ll let us road test him, and will move on him when he’s proved himself. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

They will have identified him. But just like VvD at Celtic, they’ll let us road test him, and will move on him when he’s proved himself. 

This 100%. We could pretty much guarantee him first team football, which none of the big clubs could or would. I’d give him anywhere between 1 or 3 years max with us. If he’s consistent all season, adds a few goals and assists, he will have proven he can cut it and he will be off to one of the giants for a sizeable fee, which is a win-win for the player and club. 

On 18/09/2021 at 09:18, benali-shorts said:

Odd comment by Ralph about not shouting on the pitch at the end of that article: 

Hasenhuttl, who added: “If you know me you would know I’m not a big fan of big shouting on the pitch.

“Taking, I don’t know, leaderships on the pitch or whatever.

“Run, play football and do what we ask you to do and do a good job for a player we have for running and not shouting.”

He makes most of it up as he goes along and he is also a bit of a contrarian.

Loves playing to the gallery as well. I'd take most of it with a pinch of salt if I were you.

21 minutes ago, Cartman said:

In other news, he has been given a 61 rating in FIFA 22 😂. It's hilariously bad, to put it into perspective, Valery's is 71. I expect his FM22 stats to be more accurate @Matthew Le God.

His CA in FM22 will be high for an 18 year old (but still low vs the rest of the squad) at the start of the game, his PA will be very high.

Edited by Matthew Le God

2 hours ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

This 100%. We could pretty much guarantee him first team football, which none of the big clubs could or would. I’d give him anywhere between 1 or 3 years max with us. If he’s consistent all season, adds a few goals and assists, he will have proven he can cut it and he will be off to one of the giants for a sizeable fee, which is a win-win for the player and club. 

Also very unlikely that Chelsea would have sanctioned a move directly to Man Utd. At least with Saints they know they can insert a buy back clause etc, and I assume a sell on clause if we sell to anyone but Chelsea. 

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

And the patronising comments start. Too bad you cant engage in a discussion without making them. 

Hard not to talk down to someone with such a lack of basic understanding that they can't grasp that a player must be good with the ball and also against it. Especially a right back... 

Players attack, but also defend. Not getting that for an attacking mid is bad but for a right back I don't even know how you can't get that. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TWar said:

Hard not to talk down to someone with such a lack of basic understanding that they can't grasp that a player must be good with the ball and also against it. Especially a right back... 

Players attack, but also defend. Not getting that for an attacking mid is bad but for a right back I don't even know how you can't get that. 

You were banging on about how good Elyanoussi is without the ball the other day, now you're saying that not getting that from an attacking midfielder is bad. Sounds like you're a bit confused pal.

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

You were banging on about how good Elyanoussi is without the ball the other day, now you're saying that not getting that from an attacking midfielder is bad. Sounds like you're a bit confused pal.

I'm saying you not understanding the importance of an attacking midfielder being good against the ball is bad, but you not being able to understand the importance of a right back being good against the ball is incomprehensibly stupid. Hope this helps. 

Edited by TWar

Just now, TWar said:

I'm saying you not understanding the importance of an attacking midfielder being good against the ball is bad, but you not being able to understand the importance of a right back being good against the ball is incomprehensibly stupid. Hope this helps. 

I didnt ever say it wasn't important for a right back being good without the ball. As i said, you seem confused. It was you that was extolling the virtues of Elyanoussi being good without the ball, now you're saying it's not that important for an attacking midfielder. Something about being incomprehensibly stupid. Stick to spread sheets sunshine. 

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

I didnt ever say it wasn't important for a right back being good without the ball. As i said, you seem confused. It was you that was extolling the virtues of Elyanoussi being good without the ball, now you're saying it's not that important for an attacking midfielder. Something about being incomprehensibly stupid. Stick to spread sheets sunshine. 

When did I say it wasn't important for an attacking mid?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Tino Livramento