Tino Livramento

SuperSAINT

On 30/03/2022 at 11:07, saintscottofthenortham said:

Looks like Tino may have done his knee in again during U21’s 0-3 win in Albania. Won’t go down well after this was said about his selection… 

theathletic.com/news/livramento-told-southampton-physios-he-was-joining-england-u21s-despite-concerns-over-fitness

Nasty landing during attempting tackle(03:26 on highlights), stops to hold it and promptly taken off. 

Hopefully he will get away with it like this time - although the way he was screaming i fear the worst 

Horrible news. Hope he recovers fully, our recent experiences with these injuries (Sam McQueen and Jay-Rod) did not.

VVD seems to have recovered well at Liverpool from an ACL. You worry when powerful fast players get serious knee injuries.

Devastating for him, such a bad injury for any player to have at any age and it's not guaranteed that they ever return to the same level.

Let's hope it doesn't stunt his progress, as he had great potential.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Horrible news. Hope he recovers fully, our recent experiences with these injuries (Sam McQueen and Jay-Rod) did not.

VVD seems to have recovered well at Liverpool from an ACL. You worry when powerful fast players get serious knee injuries.

Ings did okay too, as did a certain Alan Shearer

• Like 1

Terrible news for Tino.  The only small silver lining to the cloud is we still have KWP and Valery for this position this season and it could have happened to a player more key to us, but still, terrible news.

3 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Gascoigne, Jagielka, Francesco Totti...

My heart goes out to the lad. He's got a lot of work ahead of him.

ruud van nistelrooy is the most famous one I can think of. Became a better player off the back of it.

Have to hope he makes a good recovery. Can be a terrible injury to get over, but at least he is young.

Saving grace for him may be the winter world Cup and summer break. Should mitigate quite how much of the season he misses? 

12 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Not a surprise, it's what it looked like as soon as it happened. I wonder whether his earlier knee injury this season has impacted this happening, and I wonder if he's been overplayed this season.

Other knee I think. 

Very sad for him. Wish him the best hope he can return back to the form we have seen this season. 

I wonder what this means though as I believe the release clause would get triggered in 2023. Is that clause only there for 2023 or there indefinitely? 

I'm not sure Chelsea or anyone else will pay the c. £38m for him on the back of 6 months, assuming his recovery goes well and he plays from Jan 2023.

7 minutes ago, Dman said:

Yep, spot on. Very poor management by Ralph and the medical Staff. 

The lad has been ran into the ground. 

Its not the same knee though is it ? I mean I take the point about he should/could have had an op to clean it up given we have the cover but I don't think RH can be blamed when its the other bloody leg.

2 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Its not the same knee though is it ? I mean I take the point about he should/could have had an op to clean it up given we have the cover but I don't think RH can be blamed when its the other bloody leg.

It’s pretty common knowledge that if you suffer an injury to 1 leg, it increases the risk of an injury to the other due to over compensation and all that. 

If I know that, I’d like to think medical professionals and a football manager would as well. 

Which I suspect they did, given they were annoyed about him playing for England U-21’s (and then played him like 3 days later lol). 

Edited by Dman

I’ll be amazed if he comes back the same player.

His game is built on pace and explosiveness, 8 months out with a really serious injury I’ll no doubt impact that, as it did Jay-Rod.

Fingers crossed for the lad.  

Absolutely stupid tweet that just creates pointless speculation.

Main point is that it's the other knee and totally unrelated to the meniscus injury he had. This injury can happen to any player and is just dreadful, dreadful luck.

Using it as a stick to bash Ralph and the club is nothing short of lunacy.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 12

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Absolutely stupid tweet that just creates pointless speculation.

Main point is that it's the other knee and totally unrelated to the meniscus injury he had. This injury can happen to any player and is just dreadful, dreadful luck.

Using it as a stick to bash Ralph and the club is nothing short of lunacy.

It’s not though. Injuries cause over compensation which increase the risk of an injury to the other leg. 

I do agree it’s bad luck, but running the kid into the ground with a known injury would not have helped. 

With other stuff going on, I’ve been a bit out of touch last few days, caught up with MOTD 2 last night before reading Billy’s match report and this troubling news - when he hit the deck Saints player waving to stop the game instantly, few Brighton players close by also paused as if they knew what just happened - bit like when J-Rods went and the closest City player to him kicked the ball straight out.

The house of JBS wish Tino well with his recovery.

14 hours ago, notnowcato said:

And sadly, very, very predictable.  It's not even subtle in Dman's case.

I said months ago they were running him into the ground. Specifically after they complained about him playing for England because of his knee’s and then proceeded to play him for 90 minutes 3 days later. 

Ive given reasons as to why I think the medical staff and Manager are partly to blame, as well as bad luck. It’s not about not being subtle, just giving my opinion and reasons behind that. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Are people saying if we'd rested him for a couple of games in November and January he wouldn't have done his ACL last week?

Is that how it works, Doctor?

We have more orthopaedic doctors amongst our membership than any other football forum. FACT.

Edited by Tamesaint

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

Are people saying if we'd rested him for a couple of games in November and January he wouldn't have done his ACL last week?

I'm no doctor, despite instantly diagnosing ACL on the match day forum (it's a gift I have for stating the obvious) so can't help you, but he didn't play a single game in January. He played for 7 minutes, 1 minute, 73 minutes and 0 minutes in the four games prior to Brighton. 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

No. No one is saying that. 

Did him playing through an injury, week in week out increase the risk of Sunday.. yes.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

We’ve got people posting on here who can solve every issue mankind has ever experienced so a dodgy knee on a teenage is a walk in the park for this place 

1 hour ago, Tamesaint said:

We have more orthopaedic doctors amongst our membership than any other football forum. FACT.

Stick a cortisone jab in him and let him get on with it FFS. Footballs gone soft, bloody son in laws 

Edited by Turkish

22 hours ago, Dman said:

Yep, spot on. Very poor management by Ralph and the medical Staff. 

The lad has been ran into the ground. 

Hardly been run into the ground, had less than half the game time prowse has and he's been fine.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Tino Livramento