Tino Livramento

SuperSAINT

3 hours ago, Dman said:

I said months ago they were running him into the ground. Specifically after they complained about him playing for England because of his knee’s and then proceeded to play him for 90 minutes 3 days later. 

Ive given reasons as to why I think the medical staff and Manager are partly to blame, as well as bad luck. It’s not about not being subtle, just giving my opinion and reasons behind that. 

If only we had you running the club instead of the current morons (your words, not mine!) !

You really do come across as a first class idiot ☹️

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, eurosaint said:

If only we had you running the club instead of the current morons (your words, not mine!) !

You really do come across as a first class idiot ☹️

When have I ever said that? I haven’t, so literally your words… not mine. 

32 minutes ago, Streaky said:

Hardly been run into the ground, had less than half the game time prowse has and he's been fine.

Prowse isn’t carrying a knee injury though is he. 

The club were clearly concerned about it or they wouldn’t have moaned about him being picked to play for England… despite then playing him 3 days later. 

47 minutes ago, The Cat said:

He'd only played 81 minutes in the last 3 weeks.

These injuries are totally random and can happen any time if you are unfortunate enough.

This really is, or should be the final word on Livramento's injury.     Unlucky, random and definitely not anything to do with his meniscus problem in the other knee.   Look forward to seeing him back in a Saints shirt early next year.

On 28/04/2022 at 06:16, Dman said:

I said months ago they were running him into the ground. Specifically after they complained about him playing for England because of his knee’s and then proceeded to play him for 90 minutes 3 days later. 

Ive given reasons as to why I think the medical staff and Manager are partly to blame, as well as bad luck. It’s not about not being subtle, just giving my opinion and reasons behind that. 

ACL is not that sort of injury, if anything not being match fit and not having full strength in the surrounding muscles would more likely cause injury rather than overuse, you can't overuse your ACL, it just breaks, usually due to a sudden twist or stopping motion.

If he'd torn a hamstring or something similar after having hamstring issues then yes you could make a case for him being rested or eased back into action more gently. 

But an ACL is just bad luck, its was the action he did at the time that caused it, not any previous injuries or needing rest etc. 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

All sounds a bit creepy. Not a search I want on my browser history. 🙂

I once logged on in an Italian internet cafe and a previous user's search appeared.. "neked boys". Obviously not one of my students of English...

2 hours ago, VectisSaint said:

I wish the lad no harm, just keep in mind Sam McQueen before you get too excited.

Oh come on, that's a daft comment. Sam's surgery wasn't a success, and he got a serious infection. For every Sam Mcqueen there's many, many successful ACL recoveries. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/06/2022 at 23:01, egg said:

Oh come on, that's a daft comment. Sam's surgery wasn't a success, and he got a serious infection. For every Sam Mcqueen there's many, many successful ACL recoveries. 

So why is it daft to temper expectations? You are allegedly a Saints supporter so should know all about that. There are few that come back from an ACL as good as new, and those that do take time I'm confident Tino will as well, all being well but I'm not going to fall for the hype that his return is already going better than expected. Will be truly surprised (and delighted) if we see him in action before 2023.

• Like 1

Just now, VectisSaint said:

So why is it daft to temper expectations? You are allegedly a Saints supporter so should know all about that. There are few that come back from an ACL as good as new, and those that do take time I'm confident Tino will as well, all being well but I'm not going to fall for the hype that his return is already going better than expected. Will be truly surprised (and delighted) if we see him in action before 2023.

It's crass and unnecessary imo to link one players failed recovery to another's hopefully successful one. I'll stay positive, you do whatever suits you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Some massive PL bias in that list and a Liverpool love in. Hakimi, James, Pavard and Cancelo are all better than TAA IMO. 

The 'most valuable right back in the world' is a guy that cannot do his primary job very well. 

And yes what is Emerson Royale doing in there? 

I think putting a lot of stock in age/potential of those players beyond actual ability. 

• 3 months later...

Doesn't sound too serious, probably was just starting to up intensity and under used muscles sometimes struggle to initially cope. Hopefully the club are being cautious, especially given his age, as these sort of things can lead to an injury cycle if you don't let everything properly heal and build up strength. 

• 6 months later...
24 minutes ago, Scoobysaint said:

Although it's sad to lose him, we didn't actually need him like we do some of the others. Very likely IMO he would have gone next year even if we had gone up so not a huge loss. Lots of other players I'd rather keep given the choice. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

Although it's sad to lose him, we didn't actually need him like we do some of the others. Very likely IMO he would have gone next year even if we had gone up so not a huge loss. Lots of other players I'd rather keep given the choice. 

Agreed.

26 minutes ago, Scoobysaint said:

Yes, a nice send off message from the club as well... certainly different from what others have had over the years 😄

• Like 1

Just now, Saint86 said:

Agreed.

Yes, a nice send off message from the club as well... certainly different from what others have had over the years 😄

Tino was completely professional throughout and seems like a really nice lad. I hope he does really well. At least another 25 million for us here without significantly weakening the team is good business. I wonder if we will get Aarons in now or if we will also look to sell KWP (that would be a bit of a more painful loss IMO.)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Agree with this, to be honest I'm not sure he could have put in a better performance than KWP on Friday night.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

When he signed for such a tiny amount, I remember thinking this guy is going to make us so much money and he's certainly lived up to that. There is a scenario where he never recovers from his acl injury so it's actually brilliant that a club in our position can extract such good value 

I was wondering this when it said he'd passed his medical - how do they check for any acl weakness? Or do they just ask him to do certain exercises that would show up any issues with it?

1 minute ago, LeBizzier69 said:

I was wondering this when it said he'd passed his medical - how do they check for any acl weakness? Or do they just ask him to do certain exercises that would show up any issues with it?

There are strength tests around - leg squats, hop tests. 
probably mechanical machines as well now to do specific measures. 

• Like 1

Personally I think selling livramento is a poor decision.  Yes we clear £20m, but he has the potential to be worth so much more and we should be using him this season.  When we lose kwp we'll go from two first class right backs to zero.  If Max Aarons signs that'll mitigate, but I'd rather we got a season out of livramento

• Like 1

Tino was always happy to stay if the club chose not to sell, as is Tella - although they were best buddies so it'll be interesting to see if that changes.

But no player is ever going to say after a transfer is completed that they didn't want to go.  Not what the fans of the new club want to hear. It'll be 'as soon as I heard of X-Clubs interest I couldn't wait to pull on the shirt for the greatest fans of this world famous club blahdy blah.....

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Tino was completely professional throughout and seems like a really nice lad. I hope he does really well. At least another 25 million for us here without significantly weakening the team is good business. I wonder if we will get Aarons in now or if we will also look to sell KWP (that would be a bit of a more painful loss IMO.)

Yes. its actually almost ludicrous that a championship team can lose a player like Tino and it not detrimentally impact the starting 11. But for me its always been the case that KWP is the better player. Sadly i can't see us keeping him, and that will be a big loss - on his day he has been a cracking player for us and he's got a lot left in the tank as well. I would love the club to somehow tie him down to a new contract.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, LeBizzier69 said:

Not a lot you can do really, I expect they did a laxity test and then it’s basically a load of RTS tests and I believe they follow a certain 11 point protocol which basically tests strength of both legs and ensure they’re close as well as a ton of hop tests etc

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Tino Livramento - Official: Signs for Newcastle

Quality player who could and should develop into England’s first choice at some point if he stays fit. 

Good move for the lad who will get game time given that Newcastle also have Europe and Trippier is no spring chicken. 

Best of luck Tino!

• Lighthouse changed the title to Tino Livramento