Armando Broja

Matthew Le God

1 minute ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

He does look great tbh..

super fast for a big guy. But like I posted in the transfer thread if it’s only a loan with no view to a permanent move I think it’s a bit of a weird signing,,

surely better to develop the likes of tella and obafemi who are actually ours ?

I think Tella’s best position in behind the front 2 and whilst an option to buy would be ideal, a straight up loan is still not bad.

If he’s crap, we can send him back. If he’s great, at worst we’ve had a good season out of a younger player for a small fee. At best, it might give him a taste for it and he might not be happy going back to sit on the bench in which case you’d imagine we’d have a head start.

7 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

He does look great tbh..

super fast for a big guy. But like I posted in the transfer thread if it’s only a loan with no view to a permanent move I think it’s a bit of a weird signing,,

surely better to develop the likes of tella and obafemi who are actually ours ?

I think we’re skint and desperate. 

Let’s hope we can some how get an option in there. 

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

If Armstrong signs we'd have spent £32.5m on incoming players this summer.

What about this deal makes it 'desperate'?

It's not solely about this deal though is it ? More about eeking out resources to cover a number of positions.

2 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

If Armstrong signs we'd have spent £32.5m on incoming players this summer.

What about this deal makes it 'desperate'?

You’ve answered your own question. 

The fact we need more than 1 striker (and other positions) and if Armstrong signs, we won’t have any more (or very limited) funds for a permanent deal….

Im not knocking the signing, looks good. Just saying why we might only take him on loan with no option. 

Edited by SKD

14 minutes ago, SKD said:

You’ve answered your own question. 

The fact we need more than 1 striker (and other positions) and if Armstrong signs, we won’t have any more (or very limited) funds for a permanent deal….

Im not knocking the signing, looks good. Just saying why we might only take him on loan with no option. 

Give it a rest can't you?

You are now admitting that your crazy comments on Pompey being better than us a few months ago were wrong. You don't seem to learn though and still see everything through negative specs. 

Are you just thick?

Edited by Tamesaint
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Give it a rest can't you?

You are now admitting that your crazy comments on Pompey being better than us a few months ago were wrong. You don't seem to learn though and still see everything through negative specs. 

Are you just thick?

Are you okay hun? 

What is negative about pointing out (the obvious fact) we don’t have much money to play with? 

Or are you too thick to understand that?

Edited by SKD

a short video of him preseason against Bournemouth. Still looks a little raw, but quick, direct and strong. Seems to have a habit of being in the right place at the right time. 

Will certainly offer more than Long. A loan is pretty low risk, so a good deal all round in this one. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Suhari said:

This clearly can't be an 'Insane' signing, since we've had one of those.

So if it happens I suggest we use: 'Mindwarping'.

I think after the friendly this signing can be called insane because that one has been upgraded to Livra-mental 😉

In all seriousness, this guy looks pretty good but as a loan it is, at best, good cover for a season. If it was a perm and cheap it would be pretty nice though, little chance of that happening!

39 minutes ago, Far que said:

Well he’s better than Adams and Long....bargain basement  again saints

I smell fish, specifically ammonia from skate. The days of Pompey signing Adam Armstrong like players (Nugent) are long gone and this lad looks handy, did well at a good club (Vitesse) as a teenager last season and the European Champions just renewed him on a 5 year contract so they rate him but needs more experience to compete with £100m signings like Lukaku. 

Be happy with your 25 year old squad players from Gillingham. We might send you the odd cast off of ours to be a good neighbour. I’ve been critical of the club this summer and over the last 5 years but every post of yours is a little pop without any context.

Edited by saint1977

If we loan out Obafemi to a championship side(extend contract first) and Broja takes his place then this could be a good deal even without an option to buy. 

Broja looks like he could make a half decent impact as a squad player and allows us the chance to see if Obafemi can be a regular goalscorer and is worth persisting with. 

• Like 1

This lad looks very good. He won't get anywhere near the Chelsea team for a while with Lukaku coming in, so him developing here and giving us a different option is a win/win. He's on 6 year contract so it wouldn't surprise me if this more than a season long loan, or a season with an option to extend. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ant said:

Admittedly Albania don't have a massive pool of talent to select from, but it's interesting that he's already essentiually a fully-fledged international.

Just seen he was born in David Brent's neck of the woods. Thought he was from Albania 😅

I know the loan with no option to buy is a bit of a disappointment sometimes, but I think this is the last summer where we will be shackled by the terrible signings made over the last few years. After a full season with the wage bill cut right down we can look to invest more into the first team next season, with the likes of Simeu and Livramento* closer to first team action.

*People need to prepare themselves for KWP potentially being cashed in on next summer...

• Haha 1

Maybe he's being brought in as a buddy to Strakosa, the Albanian keeper (yes I know Broja comes from Slough, but then Strakosha comes from Athens, they are teammates for Albania). Felt fairly confident a while back that we would be signing a new keeper to replace Lurch but its all gone a bit quiet of late.

Crocker and the recruitment guys are to be trusted. They are clearing out the mess they inherited and replacing well and yet within our financial limitations. That's some achievement. I know this season is going to be a struggle but survive it and we are on a better foundation.

• Like 7

After the news on Wednesday its been doom and gloom for a few days. But this and the Armstrong deal happening it lifting the clouds a bit. Crocker and Semmens know what they're doing, now just for a defensive mid, centre back and left back

Just now, tunit said:

After the news on Wednesday its been doom and gloom for a few days. But this and the Armstrong deal happening it lifting the clouds a bit. Crocker and Semmens know what they're doing, now just for a defensive mid, centre back and left back

agreed. but add a keeper.

• Like 1

Just now, tunit said:

I think the only one of those likely is CB, if Vestergaard goes, which I expect to happen.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Armando Broja