Saints 1-0 Leeds - Match Thread

Mr X

Looks like a 4141 or 433 to me. Great shout the guy who called this line up mid week by the way. I guess Leeds are a team all about controlling the mid, playing what is in essence a midfield 3 could be a clever play. Feel bad for Armstrong, but he is no lone target man.

3 minutes ago, TWar said:

Looks like a 4141 or 433 to me. Great shout the guy who called this line up mid week by the way. I guess Leeds are a team all about controlling the mid, playing what is in essence a midfield 3 could be a clever play. Feel bad for Armstrong, but he is no lone target man.

This is what I was thinking as well.

1 minute ago, terrym326 said:

Redmond playing not really a shock, Stu Armstrong must be wondering who he’s upset no to be in that midfield. 
7 points out of the next three games is needed to springboard the season. 

To be fair he didn't even get any minutes for Scotland, so doubtful how match fit he can be. Hopefully he gets 20/30 minutes today.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints Vs Leeds - Match Thread
Just now, cloggy saint said:

No we don't, and nor do you.

I think we do, we get sucker-punched in most games that we dominate statistically.

We can have 15 shots and score 0, whereas the opposition score their only shot on target. Or, we have 70% possession and end up on the losing side.

I would love nothing more than a thumping 4-0 win, but it just hasn’t happened for us like that for a while now.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-0 Leeds - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic