Saints 1-0 Leeds - Match Thread

Mr X

I don't think Broja will start based on Ralph's comments.

I think Ralph will play this:

McCarthy; Tino, Bednarek, Salisu, KWP; Romeu, Diallo; Walcott, Elyounoussi, Redmond, Armstrong

Personally, I'd play above but play Tella and Djenepo instead of Redmond/Walcott, but let's see. I would also like to play Perraud over KWP. Only reason why I think Walcott start's over Djenepo is because of the international break.

Subs today will definitely involve Tella/Broja if not starting, and perhaps Stu Armstrong if he is fit/ready for some minutes

Not quite a 'must win' but fail to do so and Burnley next week certainly does become a must win. Hopefully we can get 6 points from the 2 games and really get the season off and running. Where will the goals come from though? Front players need to start delivering now

Not seen elsewhere - David Coote is on the whistle, he’s a funny picky bugger, who’s short changed us a few times. That scabby pen Son conned him with in the cup tops the list.
Has the persona to step to our favourite refs boots in the future.

Lee Mason watching the TV for him, getting in his ear.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davefizzy14 said:

We need to win this one today to make our start to the season look more solid. Hopefully the way they play will suit us and we can grab a couple of early goals. 2-0 to us Adam Armstrong x2 COYR :)

Amen.  If only to lose that "still without a win" tag that I can't stop hearing.  

23 hours ago, Fabrice Fernandes no.1 fan said:

Probably means nothing, but in a clip of training today the club have posted, there is an 11-man drill with a team that could easily be the first 11 for Saturday (albeit with a different keeper as Harry Lewis was involved)

McCarthy

Livramento Bednarek Salisu Perraud

Ely Diallo Romeu Djenepo

Redmond Broja

Wouldn't be my choice of team, but would be intrigued to know why that 11 would train together when it contains so much of the first choice 11 of Ralph

Does this make me ITK?

5 minutes ago, trousers said:

File that one under 'interesting'...?

Nope nothing different about this one I'd say tbf other than Redmond up front (which from nearly 3 years under Ralph is nothing new)!

I'm happy that everyone is playing in what looks like their right position and excited to see what Djenepo/Perraud can do down the left hand side.

We have good alternatives in Tella and Adam Armstrong off the bench later.

Edited by nta786

2 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Disappointed to see neither of the Armstrong's or Tella in there. Never been a fan of this whole Redmond as a striker thing. Still let's hope it proves a masterstroke.

Looks like Ralph is going with one up top - Broja.

Also Elyounoussi played in CM for his country midweek and got a brace - could it be a curveball and we play a 4141?

McCarthy

Tino Bednarek Salisu Perraud

Romeu

Redmond Diallo Elyounoussi Djenepo

Broja

Unlikely I know, but if it works would demonstrate a good level of tactical flexibility 

Edited by nta786

1 minute ago, nta786 said:

Also Elyounoussi played in CM for his country midweek and got a brace - could it be a curveball and we play a 4141?

McCarthy

Tino Bednarek Salisu Perraud

Romeu

Redmond Diallo Elyounoussi Djenepo

Broja

Unlikely I know, but if it works would demonstrate a good level of tactical flexibility 

When you talk about tactical flexibility you seem to forget that Ralph is the manager

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, nta786 said:

Could it be a curveball and we play a 4141?

8 minutes ago, Stevie61163 said:

When you talk about tactical flexibility you seem to forget that Ralph is the manager

You know we've already played that formation more than once this season don't you Stevie? 🤔

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-0 Leeds - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic