Palace 2-2 Saints - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

Anyone else think Lewis should be given a chance ahead of Willy C? Willy was terrible against Arsenal - couldn't catch a corner, didn't move to save the second (although that was 80% the non-defending in front of him, better goalies might still have saved that header) gave away chances on poor distribution..

It strikes me that even third choice goalkeepers have to pass some kind of standard to earn a professional contract no?

When is there ever a better opportunity than now to give him a chance to prove himself.

Willy had the chance and failed to rise to the occasion (sorry, I will stop it...)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Vancouver Saint said:

Anyone else think Lewis should be given a chance ahead of Willy C? Willy was terrible against Arsenal - couldn't catch a corner, didn't move to save the second (although that was 80% the non-defending in front of him, better goalies might still have saved that header) gave away chances on poor distribution..

It strikes me that even third choice goalkeepers have to pass some kind of standard to earn a professional contract no?

When is there ever a better opportunity than now to give him a chance to prove himself.

Willy had the chance and failed to rise to the occasion (sorry, I will stop it...)

Think that door was well & truly shut before Saturday. RH isn’t renowned for  u turns either. It’s FF if he’s fit or Willy or maybe Theo? 

On 12/12/2021 at 17:41, Sarisbury Saint said:

Some on here think the tactics are good. Just that we don’t have the players to play those tactics. Which then begs the question …why can’t he see that and change it ?

He thinks he's Kloppy, ... mind you Liverpool have had our best players

As a last resort I think we should start applying dirty tactics and get in opposition faces. We need to get a minimum of 5 opposition players sent off every game for the rest of the season. 

Yes, there will be sacrifices as Romeu will be running around the pitch lika a whirling dervish and will probably get himself sent of around 20 times but it's time we saw a tut replaced with a double footed scissor tackle with the odd headbutt thrown in. 

Sorry - didn't know where to post this. Am trying to book some tickets to an upcoming away game. selected three seats next to each other. website says these seats are not contiguous. They are. Confused. Anyone know? Glitch in the booking engine?

12 minutes ago, DT said:

Sorry - didn't know where to post this. Am trying to book some tickets to an upcoming away game. selected three seats next to each other. website says these seats are not contiguous. They are. Confused. Anyone know? Glitch in the booking engine?

I just call and speak to someone if the site is playing up - they will sort it, it's how I buy seats when the number I want "leaves one seat remaining as well" - ticket office can sort it for you.

seems to be a glitch in the booking site, they agreed. tickets for seats next to each other come with a warning that they are not next to each other. Perhaps Ralph is in charge of that selection and formation too 😉 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LaptopSaint said:

No idea if we’ve sold out, but I now have one spare ticket face value for Dellhurst tomorrow. 
Let me know if you’re interested. 

Sold out weeks ago but I'd have thought there'd be a few knocking about now after the crap of recent games and the ballsache it has now become to go to a football match.

8 hours ago, DT said:

'Upcoming' is such a shit word and almost invariably not necessary, A fixture is simply a bloody fixture and once it's been played it's a result.

And my heart sinks when the radio tells me there is a delay on a particular road because of an 'earlier' accident. I'd rather they told me about one that's about to happen.

33 minutes ago, Teddeer said:

I see Vieira is using the old reverse psychology trick on his Palace players by telling them how good we were against Arsenal. Yeah Patrick, we were sensational.

Oh Christ, our lot will be strutting about lapping up this adulation. Meanwhile Zaha and Gallagher get stuck in and smash 4 past our hapless stand in goalie. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, TWar said:

This is a battering. Leeds have given up. I wonder if their forum will have an equivalent of SKDMan bringing it up every two days for years.

A battering, given up, yet still managed to avoid shipping 9 😬😬

It takes a special kind of shitness to ship 9, that’s why it’s only happened in this league 3 times. Twice for the same club, under the same manager. 

41 minutes ago, Dman said:

A battering, given up, yet still managed to avoid shipping 9 😬😬

It takes a special kind of shitness to ship 9, that’s why it’s only happened in this league 3 times. Twice for the same club, under the same manager. 

There's therapy available for this level of obsessive compulsive behaviour.

• Haha 2

This week is a big one for us, starting tonight at Selhurst Park...we need to start picking up some more wins to distance ourselves from the drop zone...need a big result somewhere!

Hoping for 4 points this week to calm the nerves before Christmas...I'll be there tonight in full voice! COYS!

• Like 5

• Lighthouse changed the title to Palace 2-2 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic