Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

Busy few days for Crocker, Semmens, Rasmus and the boys

rasmus sleeve rolling must be in overdrive, semmens is in the mirror practising his pathway keynote in his finest middle class English. It’s not like the good old days when fat Les was napping at the buffet whilst Alderwierld was snapped up by spurs 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Pamplemousse said:

I can't be the only one thinking all these links are coming out to show "at least we tried" when we don't sign anyone

I never get the logic of why people say that. In what way does it make the club look better if we try and fail to sign a bunch of players? I think it’s pretty clear we are after a forward although whether a suitable player if forthcoming and within our budget remains to be seen.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

“We tried but it’s not an easy market etc etc”

Yes, I would be more inclined to believe things if the target and his price was more realistic for us. Gakpo is way out of our price range and bigger fish are interested in him. Let's hear about some realistic targets.

1 hour ago, Pamplemousse said:

I can't be the only one thinking all these links are coming out to show "at least we tried" when we don't sign anyone

You think the management wastes its tine making low ball bids that will never ben accepted so as to look busy. Utter drivel. We may underestimate how much a club wants for a player, be outbid or simply turned down, but the idea we fake bids to appease supporters seems like fantasy to me.

Edited by Chez
  • Like 11

Just now, Bad Wolf said:

Could everyone post their understanding/definition of a "Saintsy signing"? 

maybe young, perhaps with very few senior games, but with apparent skills/attributes coming out their ears. `Quality' over `experience' every single time.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chez said:

You think the management wastes its tine making low ball bids that will never ben accepted so as to look busy. Utter drivel. We may underestimate how much a club wants for a player, be outbid or simply turned down, but the idea we fake bids to appease supporters seems like fantasy to me.

You're right but we have nut cases on this forum who will criticise management and players whatever happens, must be very unhappy people

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, Chez said:

Does seem a pretty accepted theory that that’s what the West Ham owners do, in fairness, so don’t think it’s entirely fantasy that it does go on. But I agree it doesn’t seem to be the case with us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

Does seem a pretty accepted theory that that’s what the West Ham owners do, 

accepted by who, the same fuckwits that suggest we do it? 

Just because West Ham are linked to every other player in the press doesn't mean they actually are. Their management will also be working their socks off to get transfers over the line. They don't have time to spend making `fake' bids to keep the fans happy.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Expect PSV to go and buy the other goal and assist machine Karlsson from AZ Alkmaar.

Personally I think it is a bit of a reach for us getting gakpo - surely he has bigger clubs looking at him 

Given the cost of Gakpo, others chasing him, and the late stage of the window it would perhaps be more sensible for us to cut out a few links in the chain and go for Karlsson ourselves.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chez said:

accepted by who, the same fuckwits that suggest we do it? 

Just because West Ham are linked to every other player in the press doesn't mean they actually are. Their management will also be working their socks off to get transfers over the line. They don't have time to spend making `fake' bids to keep the fans happy.  

West Ham made two pretty laughable efforts to sign Raphinha and Phillips on deadline day in January, Leeds’ two best players, having not signed anyone during that window. A number of Journalists, fans and think I even heard Simon Jordan discuss it, all saw it as West Ham’s board trying to signal to the fans that they were trying, with an approach that was so obviously never going to be accepted. 

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Busy few days for Crocker, Semmens, Rasmus and the boys

rasmus sleeve rolling must be in overdrive, semmens is in the mirror practising his pathway keynote in his finest middle class English. It’s not like the good old days when fat Les was napping at the buffet whilst Alderwierld was snapped up by spurs 

He was also in regular contact with his PA to check his diary for any interviews to tell the media he was “relaxed” about it. And probably polishing his head for the cameras.

Whilst all this meaningless non/transfer activity takes place Toby Steele is working on the next phase of the more critical strategy, persecuting and driving out home fans.

10 minutes ago, SaintBitterne said:

Got to be honest he was the one I was most keen on.

Huge few days for the club.

And right in our price range as well.

Looks like if we are going to get an attacker before Friday then it’s flown well under the radar.

Probably nowhere near the top of our list either but as long as whoever arrives (hopefully) is better than we have then all is good.

17 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Must've been on our list. Just makes me think we've got someone else wrapped up. I still think alot of signs point to Broja. Might be more money but less risk as we know he can perform at this level (on his day). 

15 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Agree. Either he isn’t that good, or doesn’t really fit other clubs styles. 

he looks a pretty decent striker, but I'm guessing we want a Broja type - a guy with pace and ability to make something happen out of nothing. We'll see I suppose.

3 minutes ago, Chez said:

he looks a pretty decent striker, but I'm guessing we want a Broja type - a guy with pace and ability to make something happen out of nothing. We'll see I suppose.

Yup, definitely don’t think he fits our profile. 

We shall see what we can do in the next few days. Club seems to be pretty confident there will be movement. I just hope we don’t leave ourselves short. 

I see Broja still hasn’t moved anywhere yet… 

4 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Yup, definitely don’t think he fits our profile. 

We shall see what we can do in the next few days. Club seems to be pretty confident there will be movement. I just hope we don’t leave ourselves short. 

I see Broja still hasn’t moved anywhere yet… 

Ornstein's piece mentioned the Chelsea ownership group like him.