Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

3 hours ago, Edmonton Saint said:

So we hand Stephens and McCarthy new contracts last season, only to now be trying to offload them both ? This club has made some baffling decisions over the years 

For accuracy: 

Jack Stephens was reportedly given a new contract in Sept 2020. McCarthy in Aug 2021.

The curious thing was that Saints only admitted they had new contacts when their previous contacts expired.

8 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

A McCarthy suitor no longer in the race.

That's some come down from Kasper though. 

but Ward might be an upgrade on Kasper.

Rogers said he would be signing a 3rd keeper. McCarthy was thus never an option.

3 hours ago, ecurnew02 said:

Curious to know what peoples thoughts on Rob Holding are

It's a no from me. Pretty slow, limited with the ball. He can head it. That's about it. Mind you, many of our CBs struggle to do that. 

9 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

I’ve suggested Tompkins at Palace before.  Good CB, better than we have, tons of experience and not in Palace’s first XI.

Another no from me. He isn't very good IMO. Grass ain't always greener.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chez said:

but Ward might be an upgrade on Kasper.

Rogers said he would be signing a 3rd keeper. McCarthy was thus never an option.

Yeah that's true, but even Ward is a bit of a step down from the days of Kasper!

The next few weeks are going to be interesting for a few teams I think, Leicester fans are getting quite restless.

7 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Yeah that's true, but even Ward is a bit of a step down from the days of Kasper!

not the recent days. He was pretty shit last season and the Leicester ST holder that I know said they needed to upgrade. I don't think they thought Ward would move up, but their financial situation is well known.

1 hour ago, Yozzman said:

Are there any players you do like? 

Sure, see 13 posts above yours for one.

I've been making suggestions on the HCDAJFU threads for years. I suggested Aribo three and a half years ago. This summer I liked Broja, Scamacca, Flynn Downes, Omar Richards, Vinegre...

I'm not great with CBs. I thought Caleta-Carr's youtube videos looked good, but two years of underperforming at Marseilles suggests he might not be all that. I suggested Joe Worrall last summer, but he's been hiding in a three man defence since then so not sure if he has progressed.  I thought when Spurs were having second thoughts with Sanchez  we could have made a deal. We could do with focusing a little more on power (especially in the air) and pace as we have ball players back there. Issa Diop may have fit the bill. Not seen ABK, so maybe we have what we need. I expected him to play from day 1 though, which is concerning.

Edited by Chez

39 minutes ago, Badger said:

Have to wonder why he hasn’t been signed somewhere else as he’s been linked with half the EPL over the last few years

I'm not sure he has played well since we first discussed him on here a couple of summers ago.

4 hours ago, Puddings and Monkeys said:
5 hours ago, skintsaint said:

No wonder morale is dogshite in the squad, half the team have been told they can leave. A lot of players being offered out if true.

I’m getting confused…..I thought morale was dogshite because RH, Semmens and Toby haven’t got a clue what they’re doing??

Now do keep up, it's because they're continually being told on here how bad they are and forumites complaining that we _aren't_ off-loading them..

On 11/08/2022 at 20:01, badgerx16 said:

It is in Ecuador, it is called Chimborazo. It's peak is farther from the centre of the Earth than the summit of Everest, but Everest is higher above mean sea level.

That’s the one! Further from the earths core as it is very close to the equator. Not sure why I remembered it being in Columbia!

3 hours ago, saint lard said:

Ok Saints,you know what to do…

Former Chelsea and Arsenal winger Willian has signed termination of the contract with Corinthians. He wants a new challenge in Europe.Discussions ongoing to find the best solution with his agent.

😁

Going to Fulham, according to the BBC

1 hour ago, Saint_clark said:

Think you're forgetting how utterly dogshit he was at Arsenal. Missus is a gooner so I saw a lot of him there...avoid. 

Agreed. And am not. Simply saying he was brilliant at Chelsea. Not that we should fight Fulham for him. Not that we will. 

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Just playing FM and you still do press conferences for new signings on there, even at non-league level and it got me thinking, who was the last signing that we had a press conference to announce?

I believe there is supposed to be one when we finally sign Rudi Skacel.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Just playing FM and you still do press conferences for new signings on there, even at non-league level and it got me thinking, who was the last signing that we had a press conference to announce?

clubs want to release news via their website, to encourage people to come to the website, which then creates a vehicle to promote sponsors/advertising. Press conferences are to give news to other outlets to then promote via their own mediums. Press conferences are simply not in a club's interest.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Chez said:

clubs want to release news via their website, to encourage people to come to the website, which then creates a vehicle to promote sponsors/advertising. Press conferences are to give news to other outlets to then promote via their own mediums. Press conferences are simply not in a club's interest.

I get that I'm just wondering who the last one was. I think there was one for Rickie wasn't there?

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

Why do people listen to Talksport? Never understood it. I can never bear more than 3 minutes before I want to drop kick the radio out the back door.

I’ve not listened to it for years but Adrian Durham used to be quite amusing and a great WUM. Rest of it is shite though, especially Alan Brazils morning show if he still does it