Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

Lets be honest, from here the window and a decent element of the season will be determined by the impact of the forward(s) that we sign.

As it stands we are going to be well short of threat and goals, as the biggest threat has left the club and as yet not been replaced.

You would imagine we have a prioritised list but need to wait to see which player we can get and that usually becomes more clear in the final couple of weeks of the window.

It didn't appear from the forum or todays presser that there is anything certain or imminent at this point.

11 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

I wonder how Che feels with some of the stuff being said about him?

I doubt he’s going to knuckle down when he’s not wanted here. I can just see him scoring 15 goals in the premiership playing for the right team.

Yes, Man City. But then, Jack Stephens could score 15 for them with that service. 

not sure what Ralph is supposed to say, they're clearly willing to let him go providing they have a decent replacement, if that replacement arrives and Che is sold afterwards after Ralph said he wouldn't be sold he'd be called out for being a liar.  Pretty obvious Everton tried it on with a loan and got told to do one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baird of the land said:

Didn’t We spend all summer trying to get rid of shitnarek. Now we’ve got to get rid of 2. Not sure I see that happening.

Diallo one seems slightly odd. Didn’t have a great season but you’d think he’s young enough to persist with as cover to our first choice mids.

Shitnarek? Mature…

and no, we haven’t. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Little bit more confirmation on this one -

Saints winger Tella agrees Burnley loan

Southampton winger Nathan Tella has agreed to join Burnley on a season-long loan.

The 23-year-old academy graduate has made 33 Premier League appearances for the Saints.

He made 14 last season mostly from the left-wing, but he can also plan on the right and as a second striker.

Tellas was once in Arsenal’s academy before moving to Southampton in 2017. 

Excellent. He was poor last season, so I am glad we will look to someone else to fill his minutes on the pitch. Hopefully whoever that is will be a damn sight more effective.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

"No smoke without fire is a ridiculous phrase and is deeply flawed to use. Would you be happy with someone using it about you if you were wrongfully accused of something?

Media can = a smoke machine and smoke machines do not have any fire 🔥 

How I Met Your Mother Smoking GIF by Laff

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Baird of the land said:

Diallo one seems slightly odd. Didn’t have a great season but you’d think he’s young enough to persist with as cover to our first choice mids.

He really was poor last season. We are in Jordy Clasie territory here, where you wonder if we have just signed a guy that will never do it in the Prem. Like Clasie, he just doesn't dominate a game, while Diallo seems to fail to understand the role given to him. Maybe things will fall into place, but can we risk another season as bad as last or do we just cut our losses and try again?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Chez said:

He really was poor last season. We are in Jordy Clasie territory here, where you wonder if we have just signed a guy that will never do it in the Prem. Like Clasie, he just doesn't dominate a game, while Diallo seems to fail to understand the role given to him. Maybe things will fall into place, but can we risk another season as bad as last or do we just cut our losses and try again?

Agree with Tella - he needs consistent game time which I hope Burnley will give him (don’t hold your breath).

Not so sure I get the Diallo comment - what part of his role do you think he doesn’t understand?  Perhaps it’s that he just doesn’t have the ability to enact that role?  Either way, I don’t think he’s as bad as some are making out, but the problem for him is he’s now got Lavia in front of him and even less game time to prove himself. Having said that I suspect the next exit in our DFM ranks will be Romeu as despite his experience, he’s starting to get a bit leggy for the demands of the Prem. That will naturally provide more opportunities for the likes of Diallo/Smallbone/etc.

21 minutes ago, Chez said:

I thought he showed flashes early last season. Enough to persevere with given his age and what we invested (especially since he's now at best 4th choice) CM. Would we really get a fee back for him too or would it be another constant loan till his contract expires.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trousers said:

Ralph in today's pre-match press conference: "Categorically, we will not be loaning Che Adams to anyone this season.....but there isn't any club that doesn't consider offers for players that might be too good to turn down" (or words to that effect)

They really don't rate Che if they think 15m would be too good to turn down (if the rumours are true). He is our most effective striker and again says a lot about the others we have right now.

9 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

They really don't rate Che if they think 15m would be too good to turn down (if the rumours are true). He is our most effective striker and again says a lot about the others we have right now.

Yep.

The quality of our squad over recent seasons has been, frankly, shit.

• Like 1

SFC supporters pay for match tickets at SMS and away trips. There are some little known additional rights and benefits that come with that ticket

On each ticket is a special codicil that says money not refundable if SFC lose or play bad. Or win. Its a non refundable ticket. If its a shitty performance or a good one you pay the same. That's pretty neat huh?

There is another notification that says that the ticket holders also have bought the right to criticise the work competency of any SFC employee. Its largely used on players underperforming from the stands, in pubs, or online but if you don't like the way the turnstyle guy looked at you or the shop assistant when selling you that SFC emblazoned old style t-shirt you can come on this forum to slag them off too. This is a really good right. One can say anything we like about how shit someone is at their job here. 

The match ticket also esepcially imbues its holder with an inalienable right to complain and especially biatch in full public. This can take the form of a song or chant or just general prejudice eitehr overt or latent and lurking. 

Most professional footballers at SFC and certainly the type we would look to recruit here are trained or self learn to cope with this abuse but, all the same, being trained and not being affected are not the same. If you buy a ticket though it means its ok to do this. 

All potential SFC transfer targets or even budding pro soccerball players ought to check the fan forums and online sites first. To see if they can handle the shit. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, Chez said:

Personally I’d rather we booted Ralph and gave him a chance under new management, than getting rid of players like Diallo. 

I think he’s shown glimpses of being a decent player. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Dman said:

Personally I’d rather we booted Ralph and gave him a chance under new management, than getting rid of players like Diallo. 

I think he’s shown glimpses of being a decent player. 

There was a point when JWP was out and Diallo came in where everyone was saying we looked better with Romeu and Diallo and calling for him to keep his place when JWP was available again. 

• Like 3

He is our most effective Striker but that isn't saying much is it what is the competition. 

The window is still open.... 

If we theoretically shifted Adams and got in someone like Dembele and someone else in the Delap mould or Adamu

And a new creative player 

Would you be happy?

I would 👍 

That would be a decent end to a window.

Why waste energy worrying the board have a plan and I'm optimistic. 

Edited by ally_uk
Added content
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

SFC supporters pay for match tickets at SMS and away trips. There are some little known additional rights and benefits that come with that ticket

On each ticket is a special codicil that says money not refundable if SFC lose or play bad. Or win. Its a non refundable ticket. If its a shitty performance or a good one you pay the same. That's pretty neat huh?

There is another notification that says that the ticket holders also have bought the right to criticise the work competency of any SFC employee. Its largely used on players underperforming from the stands, in pubs, or online but if you don't like the way the turnstyle guy looked at you or the shop assistant when selling you that SFC emblazoned old style t-shirt you can come on this forum to slag them off too. This is a really good right. One can say anything we like about how shit someone is at their job here. 

The match ticket also esepcially imbues its holder with an inalienable right to complain and especially biatch in full public. This can take the form of a song or chant or just general prejudice eitehr overt or latent and lurking. 

Most professional footballers at SFC and certainly the type we would look to recruit here are trained or self learn to cope with this abuse but, all the same, being trained and not being affected are not the same. If you buy a ticket though it means its ok to do this. 

All potential SFC transfer targets or even budding pro soccerball players ought to check the fan forums and online sites first. To see if they can handle the shit. 

No, its called freedom of expression, its enshrined in law. What do you think should be on the ticket, shut up and suck it up? Go to work and contemplate how fortunate you are to watch someone who earns in a week what you earn in a year or two years underperform in  job you would do for nothing? There are laws in place when abuse crosses the legal boundaries, but frustration expressed in the street , ground, pub, fans forum etc is quite legitimate in my view. . 

2 hours ago, trousers said:

Ralph in today's pre-match press conference: "Categorically, we will not be loaning Che Adams to anyone this season.....but there isn't any club that doesn't consider offers for players that might be too good to turn down" (or words to that effect)

Well done Ralph, covering all bases so nobody can say we were misinformed.

25 minutes ago, ally_uk said:

He is our most effective Striker but that isn't saying much is it what is the competition. 

The window is still open.... 

If we theoretically shifted Adams and got in someone like Dembele and someone else in the Delap mould or Adamu

And a new creative player 

Would you be happy?

I would 👍 

That would be a decent end to a window.

Why waste energy worrying the board have a plan and I'm optimistic. 

You need to stop having these wicked dreams.

12 minutes ago, Dark Munster said:

Not quite, the earth isn’t perfectly smooth (Mount Everest, etc). 

Quirky fact; the summit of Everest is not the point on the Earth's surface that is farthest from the planet's centre.

( Not on subject for the thread, but possibly more interesting at the moment given the dearth of decent rumours of incoming players).

Edited by badgerx16
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Toadhall Saint said:

How do you feel the master plan will sit if we get relegated?

That's the point, if we get relegated we lose money and more than likely the youngsters we've purchase will not have added to their value. 

I only hope that we bring in a CF and CB with some top level experience or it's curtains in the top flight. 

23 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Quirky fact; the summit of Everest is not the point on the Earth's surface that is farthest from the planet's centre.

( Not on subject for the thread, but possibly more interesting at the moment given the dearth of decent rumours of incoming players).

We talking marinaus trench bro ?

Have been to Everest and can confirm it's high and walking more than 20m without stopping is a hassle.

But walking in the trench I would drown and been compressed to nothing.

Edited by Convict Colony

51 minutes ago, DT said:

all relegation rivals. The most lunatic thing to do ever, all because Ralph doesn't like him. Can't stand this manager any longer

Can't see Everton going down - they're light up top (and still will be even if they get Adams) but their defense and midfield both have plenty of quality to keep it tight for a season.

1 hour ago, Convict Colony said:

We talking marinaus trench bro ?

Have been to Everest and can confirm it's high and walking more than 20m without stopping is a hassle.

But walking in the trench I would drown and been compressed to nothing.

No, the furthest point from the earths centre is a mountain in Columbia, can’t think what it’s called, begins with Q I think?!?

7 minutes ago, wooley7 said:

No, the furthest point from the earths centre is a mountain in Columbia, can’t think what it’s called, begins with Q I think?!?

It is in Ecuador, it is called Chimborazo. It's peak is farther from the centre of the Earth than the summit of Everest, but Everest is higher above mean sea level.

8 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

It is in Ecuador, it is called Chimborazo. It's peak is farther from the centre of the Earth than the summit of Everest, but Everest is higher above mean sea level.

In other interesting news, I've been up to the summit of the tallest mountain on the planet....

Screenshot_20220811-200744-784.png

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1