Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

Just now, S-Clarke said:

It's impossible not to assume Rasmus is smart given his impact at Brentford.

May be a 1-hit-wonder.  They are not the only small club to come up to the premier league.

I think you could be right, but only time will tell

5 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Ismaila Sarr going to Leeds, if it’s around the £20m mark I’d be a bit disapponted.

If it is then it is going to potentially make the Mara signing look a little bit weird. I love the idea of signing super talented 18 year olds but in the position we are in you’ve got to wonder whether spending a little extra on a player we know can make an instant impact is money better spent.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, revolution saint said:

All well and good but there's no guarantees whoever we signed would be better.  I don't really think there's any debate needed about whether he's our best striker either - by any metric he absolutely is. There's also the fact that we're already looking for another striker.  Sell Che and we need two and we need both to be good immediately. Not in the distant future, not next season but right now. All this stuff about playing Aribo or S Armstrong upfront is bollocks.   

All about opinions obviously but the timing simply isn't right to sell Che this summer even if it might be the optimum selling point.  To be honest I don't see Ralph being here that much longer so the situation could have changed dramatically anyway. 

This is all fair and it's a game of opinions isn't it, I'm just trying to see it from the people inside the clubs view and take a wider look at it. His value to us right now is pretty big on paper in our minds as fans but taking a factual look at it, he's not in the team, when he has been, he's not scored enough (despite looking like he could/should) and long term wise he's not looking like much value to the club (in terms of goals or signing a new contract). 

I'm not convinced we'd need two strikers personally, one really good one would be fine. If the funds we got from Adams allowed us to get a better target rather than two decent ones I'd be okay with that. The new guy with Armstrong and Mara and Aribo (whether you like it or not, his versatility is a big reason why we signed him and he's played there before). But I'm well aware that is a huge "if". 

Oh and as for that Jacob Treswell tweet about Adams to Everton on loan, don't wet yourselves just yet, there's 4 caveats in the tweet alone and it also clearly says with a buy so sounds like we'd want any money guaranteed. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, James said:

If it is then it is going to potentially make the Mara signing look a little bit weird. I love the idea of signing super talented 18 year olds but in the position we are in you’ve got to wonder whether spending a little extra on a player we know can make an instant impact is money better spent.

starting with the weekend against us. great

7 minutes ago, James said:

Have to wonder how fucking long it will take for this penny to drop.

At the moment it seems Crocker, Semmens and possibly Rasmus are living in fantasy land that every young player they bring in, and throw in at the deep end is going to develop into an £80m player to sell on.

Dose of reality for them, who was the last one to do so, not Djeneppo, Ely, or even Che. Also, relegated clubs aren’t in a strong bargaining position when the vultures come looking for players who want ‘out’.

• Haha 1

What’s all this we need the Che money to buy a new striker. We didn’t sell to get the other new players. For Ralph / SR to remove him from the squad they must be confident in the new striker. 
I am convinced three new players before the window shuts. 
why the fuck would the likes of Rasmus and Joe Shields come here if they thought it would go tits up ?

• Like 3

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

Continue doing what? The club have stated they intend to buy more players this month. What else do you want?

Not continue the hilariously bad form from the last 15 games.  I believe that will require new players good enough to be obvious starters for the team

17 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Continue doing what? The club have stated they intend to buy more players this month. What else do you want?

What else do we want? What a stupid question. off the top of my head -

to win more than 1 game in 13

to have a manager who doesn't make ridiculous team selections

to have a manager who makes sensible in-game tactical adjustments

To have a team that doesn't concede so many goals and to not always be worried the team are going to ship an embarrassing shed load of goals

to have a flexible manager who is able to set the team up for success according to the opponents we are playing

to start enjoying being a saints fan again

Edited by Golac's Cunning Stunts
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

What else do we want? What a stupid question. off the top of my head -

to win more than 1 game in 13

to have a manager who doesn't make ridiculous team selections

to have a manager who makes sensible in-game tactical adjustments

To have a team that doesn't concede so many goals and to not always be worried the team are going to ship an embarrassing shed load of goals

to have a flexible manager who is able to set the team up for success according to the opponents we are playing

to start enjoying being a saints fan again

yes but apart from all that....

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

I'm not convinced we'd need two strikers personally, one really good one would be fine. If the funds we got from Adams allowed us to get a better target rather than two decent ones I'd be okay with that. The new guy with Armstrong and Mara and Aribo (whether you like it or not, his versatility is a big reason why we signed him and he's played there before). But I'm well aware that is a huge "if". 

Cheers for the reply.  Expecting to go through the season with just New Guy, Armstrong and Mara as recognised strikers would be mental.  Armstrong can't score to save his life (or do anything else) and Mara can't even make the bench.  You're basically locked into playing with one striker and struggling to make substitutions until January at the earliest.  Even if new guy was exceptional you're asking a hell of a lot and praying for no injuries.  As for Aribo up front - yep he did play there a bit in Scotland and wasn't that great. 

If it's true that SR want money for Che to pay for a striker then the whole transfer policy this season has been flawed.  Money should have been absolutely earmarked for a new striker as a priority and other signings were peripheral to addressing the main weakness within the team.  I've no problem with the other new signings but if they come at the expense of Adams (and within the context of our lack of other decent strikers) then it's mental.  Only hope I would have is that we'd get at least a loan to cover Adams.  I don't mean another kid either - it'll need to be someone who can make a difference immediately.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

What if they buy players next month? Do they not count?

You need to be more controlled in the data you use, as there are clearly gaping holes in many of your recent statements. 

As you love to pull people up on theirs, like in almost every post, thought it would be equitable to mention the obvious flaw in yours. Hope you dont mind, just trying to help a chap out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Cheers for the reply.  Expecting to go through the season with just New Guy, Armstrong and Mara as recognised strikers would be mental.  Armstrong can't score to save his life (or do anything else) and Mara can't even make the bench.  You're basically locked into playing with one striker and struggling to make substitutions until January at the earliest.  Even if new guy was exceptional you're asking a hell of a lot and praying for no injuries.  As for Aribo up front - yep he did play there a bit in Scotland and wasn't that great. 

If it's true that SR want money for Che to pay for a striker then the whole transfer policy this season has been flawed.  Money should have been absolutely earmarked for a new striker as a priority and other signings were peripheral to addressing the main weakness within the team.  I've no problem with the other new signings but if they come at the expense of Adams (and within the context of our lack of other decent strikers) then it's mental.  Only hope I would have is that we'd get at least a loan to cover Adams.  I don't mean another kid either - it'll need to be someone who can make a difference immediately.

Absolutely. Lavia seems to be an excellent signing but he was less of a priority than a top striker. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

Absolutely. Lavia seems to be an excellent signing but he was less of a priority than a top striker. 

We will get a decent striker and I’m damn sure SR will have factored the cost in without selling Che.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ecurnew02 said:

Sarr is good pickup for Leeds, slowly starting to take them out of my potential relegation fodder teams 

Sorry don't get the hype, his scoring record is not that good, not sure spending that on him is more of a sure bet than Mara.

I know we desperately need a new striker but in any reasonable price range you don't get a guarantee, all Chelsea.

The Mara signing I find weird like the Lyanco one last season. I’ve genuinely never heard of him, and I’d like to think I know my fair bit from FIFA/FM in the past years. 😅

Its just a very out of the blue, questionable signing. If we had the money to go out and buy someone untried in the Premier League I’d rather that money had gone towards a player with the experience and leadership of the league.

In regards to Che Adams it would be idiotic to let him leave. IF he wants to go it’s a different story. But there’s something about this which screams Ralph dislike/dispute. He froze out Broja at times at the start of last season then brought him back in. He froze out AA for Long, he’s now frozen out CA for AA. There’s no consistency or logic.

I just hope there are a few departures coming up but in the “fringe players” category like Ferry yesterday. Djenepo, Bednarek, McCarthy all need to go.

And we need players to bolster our squad, it has promise but in terms of experience there is very little and that’s a huge worry!

11 minutes ago, manji said:

We will get a decent striker and I’m damn sure SR will have factored the cost in without selling Che.

Yep, im pretty excited to see what comes out the next few weeks. Think we may be surprised in a good way with what comes our way. No insider info, just a feeling.

2 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

The Mara signing I find weird like the Lyanco one last season. I’ve genuinely never heard of him, and I’d like to think I know my fair bit from FIFA/FM in the past years. 😅

Its just a very out of the blue, questionable signing. If we had the money to go out and buy someone untried in the Premier League I’d rather that money had gone towards a player with the experience and leadership of the league.

In regards to Che Adams it would be idiotic to let him leave. IF he wants to go it’s a different story. But there’s something about this which screams Ralph dislike/dispute. He froze out Broja at times at the start of last season then brought him back in. He froze out AA for Long, he’s now frozen out CA for AA. There’s no consistency or logic.

I just hope there are a few departures coming up but in the “fringe players” category like Ferry yesterday. Djenepo, Bednarek, McCarthy all need to go.

And we need players to bolster our squad, it has promise but in terms of experience there is very little and that’s a huge worry!

He's our first choice left back, he aint going no where!

• Haha 1