Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

19 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Brendon Rodgers has already said Ward is his number 1 and they will look for backup. Might be smoke and mirrors, but doubt it as it would effectively be leading Ward up the garden path.

Feels like Saints drumming up interest.

Edited by Chez

32 minutes ago, Chez said:

How about you sell Lynanco or one of the ever increasing number of CBs and then we talk about how to upgrade him/them?

He shouldn't have even been signed anyway to be honest. Same as Stephens shouldn't have been given a new contract. Happy to have Bednarek around if nobody comes in for him. Don't have a problem with him being third choice when we envitably go back to a two.Central defence has been a complete cluster fuck for years now. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Saints foreva said:

"Among the highest earners"

Well, if that's true then Whoever sanctioned it deserves the sack. 

He was our number 1 at the time the contract was given. Of course he is among our highest earners. Nothing we can do about that now.

The here and now is Che. Two years left and seemingly departing. I suspect it's one of those situations where we either offer a new contract or sell now to maximise the return. So, if we were the decision makers, would we give him a new four year contract and pay him £100k a week?

Its easy with hindsight to say contracts shouldn't have been granted, but what about this one? 

Only my opinion but Che's body language all pre-season has been that of a player that has wanted out and has told the club he wants out. There is no point holding onto him if he has already said he won't sign a new contract and the club will be right to let him go and hopefully for a half decent fee.

I only hope to god we really do have alternatives lined up and that the/or those alternatives are real quality and not massive gambles. 

44 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Happy to have Bednarek around if nobody comes in for him. Don't have a problem with him being third choice when we envitably go back to a two.Central defence has been a complete cluster fuck for years now. 

Bednarek has been the one consistent in that cluster fuck of a defence the last few years, so I'm not sure why you're happy to have him around. I'd be happy to never see him in a Saints shirt again.

As for potential strikers, I wonder if Leicester would be willing to sell Iheanacho.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BARCELONASAINT said:

Only my opinion but Che's body language all pre-season has been that of a player that has wanted out and has told the club he wants out. There is no point holding onto him if he has already said he won't sign a new contract and the club will be right to let him go and hopefully for a half decent fee.

I only hope to god we really do have alternatives lined up and that the/or those alternatives are real quality and not massive gambles. 

Maybe there's a personal reason he might want to go back north?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MarkSFC said:

Maybe there's a personal reason he might want to go back north?

I was going to say the same thing. From Leicester, friends in Sheffield, and the links have been to Leeds (all be it regurgitated stuff from a year ago) and now Forezr. perhaps he would like to move back. I've no idea if that's the case, but usually someone says it's the reason.

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Brendon Rodgers has already said Ward is his number 1 and they will look for backup. Might be smoke and mirrors, but doubt it as it would effectively be leading Ward up the garden path.

Feels like Saints drumming up interest.

Rodgers would know him from Reading too

30 minutes ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

Bednarek has been the one consistent in that cluster fuck of a defence the last few years, so I'm not sure why you're happy to have him around. I'd be happy to never see him in a Saints shirt again.

As for potential strikers, I wonder if Leicester would be willing to sell Iheanacho.

I don't think there is any harm in him being back up. Agreed shouldn't be a starter anymore, but absolutely should be ahead of Lyanco and Stephens in being third choice 

6 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

No way should Bednarek be ahead of the likes of Lyanco. Utter turd of a player.

Mmm Bednarek is shite but Lyanco is a rash disaster waiting to happen who we should never of bought , just because he's passionate doesn't take away the fact he's also shite 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, danjosaint said:

Mmm Bednarek is shite but Lyanco is a rash disaster waiting to happen who we should never of bought , just because he's passionate doesn't take away the fact he's also shite 

Much rather have lyanco who has had good games as well as bad in his limited time here rather than bednarek who is consistently shite for several years now.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Much rather have lyanco who has had good games as well as bad in his limited time here rather than bednarek who is consistently shite for several years now.

the praise Lyanco has got has far exceeded the performances imo. He doesn't do the basics well. Maybe he gets better...

Edited by Chez
  • Like 4

I've said many times but for a team that is poor and unreliable defensively, with a number of youngsters the last type of CB you need is a rash, inconsistent one who can't speak good English and makes poor decisions.

Lyanco was a stupid signing that we will probably end up palming out on loan like Hoedt and Clasie. At least he was cheap, but a player like him should have been a loan with an option.

Edited by Dusic
  • Like 3

Agreed I can't understand why we didn't get somebody in with leadership, experience and can actually organise the back line...... Ok Everton may of lost but you look at the likes of Tarkowski bellowing orders at players to get in line on setpieces etc.... 

You look at Saints who do we have with such attributes? And leadership none they are like a bunch of wet cucumber sandwiches...... 

As for Selling Che Adams you better have two capable strikers with a proven record lined up or hello Championship here we come.... 

It's so frustrating sometimes like the glaring obvious.... 

So, judging by some comments on here, we would be better with Dyche as manager, Lyanco as CB and Adams as our lone striker!!! I just hope the club don't consult this forum to make their plans!!!!

It also seems that every rumour we hear is absolutely true in its worst, most extreme form, e.g.:

• A player is open to transfer = the club are desperate to get rid of him, see him as the worst player in the squad and will sell him for a fiver to help raise the transfer kitty to buy back Danny Ings.
  • We are interested in buying a player = the player must be coming to Saints tomorrow and is rubbish, injury prone, inexperienced and generally on a par with Carrillo.

The fact is that even from the most believeable of sources these are just rumours; and where there is any truth in them it is more likely that we are preparing for the situatioin where a player wants to leave because they will drop to 2nd or 3rd in the pecking order and aren't happy with that - especially in a World Cup year. I seriously doubt we will sell any first team player without first bringing in one or two players who will replace them (and hopefully be better than them).

Personally, I hope that we will not sell Adams or anyone else until we are definitely sure we are bringing in a player who is better than him - indeed I hope we will not sell him until that player has shown us he is as good as we had hoped.

Edited by SaintJackoInHurworth
Spelling error!
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ally_uk said:

Agreed I can't understand why we didn't get somebody in with leadership, experience and can actually organise the back line...... Ok Everton may of lost but you look at the likes of Tarkowski bellowing orders at players to get in line on setpieces etc.... 

You look at Saints who do we have with such attributes? And leadership none they are like a bunch of wet cucumber sandwiches...... 

As for Selling Che Adams you better have two capable strikers with a proven record lined up or hello Championship here we come.... 

It's so frustrating sometimes like the glaring obvious.... 

cos ralphy doesn’t want any experience influencing the dressing room .. he’s wants complete control of everyone and everything..has to be Ralphys way..god forbid an experienced campaigner questions the shite formations and tactics 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Baird of the land said:

Polish international over a second rate centre back plucked from Torino reserves. Am convinced against a better partner Bednarek would be a much improved player. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chez said:

He was our number 1 at the time the contract was given. Of course he is among our highest earners. Nothing we can do about that now.

The here and now is Che. Two years left and seemingly departing. I suspect it's one of those situations where we either offer a new contract or sell now to maximise the return. So, if we were the decision makers, would we give him a new four year contract and pay him £100k a week?

Its easy with hindsight to say contracts shouldn't have been granted, but what about this one? 

No-one in their right mind is going to pay Che Adams £100k p/w.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Polish international over a second rate centre back plucked from Torino reserves. Am convinced against a better partner Bednarek would be a much improved player. 

Polish international doesn't mean much really, the bloke has showed consistently over a number of years now that he's a complete donkey. When was the last time he had a really good game?

I agree we shouldn't have signed Lyanco last summer but he's not nearly as bad as some make out and I'd much rather him playing than Bednarek. Quite frankly I'm sick of seeing the goals flying into our net with Jan sat on his arse.

• Like 3

This guy has been “LOOSELY” ITK in the past. By this I mean he seems to be all over transfer rumours/news.

Not sure this transfer will actually happen though. 
I think there are better options out there for him. Us as a “project” is appealing up to a point, the players he’d be around - yes, the manager - jury’s out as to whether that appeals to a player of his ability. 🤷🏻‍♂️

12057000-7F8B-4424-ABF2-55037F8ADA2E.jpeg

Edited by FarehamSaintJames
Highlighted areas.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Chez said:

At no point should someone of his quality be made among the highest earners of a Premier League club. Why would he leave if he's earning a wedge here? It's exactly why we kept Forster for so long. 

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

This guy has been ITK in the past. Not sure this transfer will actually happen though. 
I think there are better options out there for him. Us as a “project” is appealing up to a point, the players he’d be around - yes, the manager - jury’s out as to whether that appeals to a player of his ability. 🤷🏻‍♂️

No he hasn't been ITK. He said we had no funds and had to sign Bazunu on loan because of that. 

3 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

This guy has been ITK in the past. Not sure this transfer will actually happen though. 

Unless something has changed in the last few weeks, that’s incorrect. 

1 minute ago, Saints foreva said:

No he hasn't been ITK. He said we had no funds and had to sign Bazunu on loan because of that. 

I say ITK loosely* 👍🏻
He got Svanberg badly wrong. He’s built up a following for the gullible.

Only posted my original message as it’s a “rumour” thread 😊

6 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

He’s an absolute twitter chancer, one of many weirdos trying to be ITK. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

To be fair Bednarek's best performances have probably been in a Poland shirt when hes had the experienced Kamil Glik beside him. Although he doesnt have much competition as Poland arent exactly flush for CBs.

You've also failed to mention that Lyanco was a Brazil u23 international and voted the 2nd best player in the 2019 Toulon tournament (after Douglas Luiz) which Brazil won. 

Personally I'd put them on equal footing. Good squad players to step in occasionally but neither should be starters if we want to improve defensively

Players like Salisu will develop if they have an experienced player alongside them.
As long as they have inept players like Stephens or Bednarek alongside them they will stay on the same level, be sold for similar or less down the line and they’ll then progress at their next club.

Throwing kids in together won’t necessarily work. We need some experienced heads with leadership qualities throughout our team and until that happens we will stay around the bottom of the league.

Bit of a no brainer really, well to some anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Players like Salisu will develop if they have an experienced player alongside them.
As long as they have inept players like Stephens or Bednarek alongside them they will stay on the same level, be sold for similar or less down the line and they’ll then progress at their next club.

Throwing kids in together won’t necessarily work. We need some experienced heads with leadership qualities throughout our team and until that happens we will stay around the bottom of the league.

Bit of a no brainer really, well to some anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️

Salisu isn't a  kid, he is 23 years old and has played 78 top flight games! The problem on Saturday was playing 352 with Djenepo and Valery and no decent striker, not that Salisu was playing. Salisu is already easily good enough for what we need (even if he makes the odd daft decision).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

Salisu isn't a  kid, he is 23 years old and has played 78 top flight games! The problem on Saturday was playing 352 with Djenepo and Valery and no decent striker, not that Salisu was playing. Salisu is already easily good enough for what we need (even if he makes the odd daft decision).

I didn’t directly class Salisu as a kid. 🤨

The “throwing kids together” comment was a separate point in regards to our transfer policy of going for younger, less experienced players. You still need some strong, experienced teammates around  to help them develop.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

What you said and what @FarehamSaintJamessaid are not mutually exclusive.

Salisu would definitely develop with someone good and experienced alongside him. He’s quite good now but 23 is still young for a CB, playing alongside someone better and more organised would give him a very good licence to learn and improve. Salisu may be the best we’ve got but he’s got a lot to learn himself. Same for Ketchup.

Edited by The Kraken
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Chris cooper said:

cos ralphy doesn’t want any experience influencing the dressing room .. he’s wants complete control of everyone and everything..has to be Ralphys way..god forbid an experienced campaigner questions the shite formations and tactics 

This reminds me of Joe Root and the end of his captaincy, all the experienced players were being dropped out of the side so no one questioned his poor captaincy, and when people called for him to give up the captaincy everyone said there are no other options. 

everyone on here says there are no other options for Ralph and it’s all crap players fault.

Now look at how the test team are going with a new set up 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Chris cooper said:

There’s enough genuine things to criticise him for without having to make up shit like this.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, verlaine1979 said:

Not even a sniff of a chance that CHO comes here. He's still only 21, had Bayern bidding for him two years ago. If he winds up here he needs to fire his representatives immediately.

Omar Richards signed for Munich from Reading, but a season later he's at Forest now. Things do change in football. Maybe Bayern are not interested now...although why he'd signed for us over Leicester I am not sure.

39 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

His decision making is crap. Wankest og I’ve ever seen this week. Wank back pass v Watford. Sent off at home to Spurs last season due to crap thinking. If he’s good enough for us, I’d hate to think what crap is. He’s overrated. Keeps making schoolboy errors. Yet excused because he’s “one for the future”. I call bullshit. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Newcastle bid £40m for Salisu in January, according to press reports, so training and playing with Bednarek didn't seem to do him any harm. The next 6 months though...

6 minutes ago, Chez said:

Omar Richards signed for Munich from Reading, but a season later he's at Forest now. Things do change in football. Maybe Bayern are not interested now...although why he'd signed for us over Leicester I am not sure.

Some clubs just sign players on a free cos they know they can sell them in a year for money. Richards was one, always going to be a English club interested. Chelsea just done the same with Sarr - it’s not very football but is good business I guess. 

If Adams want to leave or we're considering dealing him, we need to get a replacement or two in before that happens. If that means keeping the interested clubs waiting until deadline day then so be it. If we let him leave now then clubs will know that we're in desperate need of a striker and will just hard ball us with ridiculous asking prices. 

Would rather Adams stayed. I still think he is good asset with his goals/hold up play and on his day he can be excellent. That being said if by the end of the window we've replaced him/Broja with the likes of Kaladjzic and Delap, then I've no issue with selling him for 15-20m