Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

1 minute ago, BotleySaint said:

Different owners now but similar happened when we let Fonte go one January if I remember right. We were left with Stephens and Yoshida as first choice for half a season.

And everyone blamed Puel for being negative 🤦

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Because Moyes wants him to be able to defend too, and he cannot. 

Would take him here. Benrahma, Aribo & Armstrong would make a nice 3 behind a half decent striker. 

Benrahma previously of Brentford as well 👀

• Like 4

£15m is peanuts. We got that for Vestergaard in the final year of his contract and Matt Targett in recent years. Forest have been spending money all summer, £18m on Neco Williams, £20m on Awoniyi, £200k a week on Lingard and are reportedly putting in bids worth up to £40m for Gibbs-White. Fortunately, TeamTalk aren't a great source, but if we were to sell Adams for just £15m, it would be pretty stupid.

• Like 1

That's why I said earlier 100 notes on Saint to be relegated.... 

Not just we are one game in.... Look at the end to the second half of the second it's like groundhog day can only see us going one way with Ralph at the helm... 

He is clueless 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, goodymatt said:

Be weird if he was convinced. It made sense Tina coming as he was unproven at this level so the chance to play Premier League football was legitimately better than playing in their u23s. It’s different for CHO as he would presumably think he’s shown enough to not have to drop to the team who were 15th last year. It’s a come down from Bayern bidding £30m a couple of years ago. 

Perhaps he’s also been reading on here?!

• Like 3

Was thinking of a Sport Republic type winger and Adedire Mebude checks off a lot of boxes. Joe Shields will know him well, contract is out in 2024 and his agency is already pretty familiar with the club (Bertrand, Broja and Simeu’s agency). He’s highly regarded in City’s academy and he had 29 G+A in 20 games last year for City U18. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ecurnew02 said:

Was thinking of a Sport Republic type winger and Adedire Mebude checks off a lot of boxes. Joe Shields will know him well, contract is out in 2024 and his agency is already pretty familiar with the club (Bertrand, Broja and Simeu’s agency). He’s highly regarded in City’s academy and he had 29 G+A in 20 games last year for City U18. 

Sold me with this  "A skilful forward with blistering pace"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ecurnew02 said:

We need players who will come in and improve the starting eleven, we've signed too many players with potential but doesn't improve us immediately.

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, alehouseboys said:

Isn’t it the fans forum tonight? A cynic might suggest that’s a timely leak to bat away a few awkward questions…. 

Good point. Question should still be asked. Also, why haven’t we bought a decent CB or striker. Or have a mangabey who can ~ gasp ~ play players in their favoured positions?

6 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Or we struggled to find a suitable replacement who was interested.

Or anyone to cough up what we're really asking (it surely has to be more than the reported £15m) - maybe some interested parties have backed off willing to wait and hope for a last minute bargain in a few weeks from a desperate club.

PL striker (tick)

Current international (tick)

Signed for £15m from the Championship 3 years ago (tick)

Travesty if he does go without replacing and for no more than £15m.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 100%Red&White said:

Or anyone to cough up what we're really asking (it surely has to be more than the reported £15m) - maybe some interested parties have backed off willing to wait and hope for a last minute bargain in a few weeks from a desperate club.

PL striker (tick)

Current international (tick)

Signed for £15m from the Championship 3 years ago (tick)

Travesty if he does go without replacing and for no more than £15m.

Let’s not rewrite history here with Adams. I like him, there’s a genuine debate to be had he’s our current best option as a striker but it’s not exactly a thriving pool to choose from. We’ve complained since the day he’s been here about his lack of goals.

PL striker - yes but hardly prolific. There’s a reason we’ve all been desperately wanting a new striker.

International striker - Yes but hardly a big pool to choose from and there’s many Scottish fans who’d prefer Championship striker Dykes over him. 

Signed for 15 million - Yes but with 2 years left on his contract his value is only going down now. Without signing a new contract, this is the best summer for us to sell value wise.

I like the guy btw, and like I say, there’s a genuine debate to be had he’s our best striker right now but if he’s not signing a new contract, the manager doesn’t trust him and (this is the most important) we are signing a new striker then I’m not adverse to saying thank you and goodbye. Of course his value to us right now is important but in the wider context of a good striker at this level, he’s occasionally reaching those heights but nowhere near enough. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

I assume the striker we are waiting for is either in a european competition currently or his club is awaiting to sign off a replacement - assume the deal has been done already based on ralph's comment.

I reckon that's what holds a lot of transfers up. A chain like buying a house.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

I assume the striker we are waiting for is either in a european competition currently or his club is awaiting to sign off a replacement - assume the deal has been done already based on ralph's comment.

That’s assuming Ralph understands what he says and after listening to some of his recent post match comments I’m not sure he does. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

Let’s not rewrite history here with Adams. I like him, there’s a genuine debate to be had he’s our current best option as a striker but it’s not exactly a thriving pool to choose from. We’ve complained since the day he’s been here about his lack of goals.

PL striker - yes but hardly prolific. There’s a reason we’ve all been desperately wanting a new striker.

International striker - Yes but hardly a big pool to choose from and there’s many Scottish fans who’d prefer Championship striker Dykes over him. 

Signed for 15 million - Yes but with 2 years left on his contract his value is only going down now. Without signing a new contract, this is the best summer for us to sell value wise.

I like the guy btw, and like I say, there’s a genuine debate to be had he’s our best striker right now but if he’s not signing a new contract, the manager doesn’t trust him and (this is the most important) we are signing a new striker then I’m not adverse to saying thank you and goodbye. Of course his value to us right now is important but in the wider context of a good striker at this level, he’s occasionally reaching those heights but nowhere near enough. 

All well and good but there's no guarantees whoever we signed would be better.  I don't really think there's any debate needed about whether he's our best striker either - by any metric he absolutely is. There's also the fact that we're already looking for another striker.  Sell Che and we need two and we need both to be good immediately. Not in the distant future, not next season but right now. All this stuff about playing Aribo or S Armstrong upfront is bollocks.   

All about opinions obviously but the timing simply isn't right to sell Che this summer even if it might be the optimum selling point.  To be honest I don't see Ralph being here that much longer so the situation could have changed dramatically anyway. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

All well and good but there's no guarantees whoever we signed would be better.  I don't really think there's any debate needed about whether he's our best striker either - by any metric he absolutely is. There's also the fact that we're already looking for another striker.  Sell Che and we need two and we need both to be good immediately. Not in the distant future, not next season but right now. All this stuff about playing Aribo or S Armstrong upfront is bollocks.   

All about opinions obviously but the timing simply isn't right to sell Che this summer even if it might be the optimum selling point.  To be honest I don't see Ralph being here that much longer so the situation could have changed dramatically anyway. 

Yup, I think no wins by the end of August and he'll be gone or going.

2 hours ago, Fabrice29 said:

absolutely bang on. I like the guy too but he is chronically one footed and doubt he's ever scored a left footed goal in his life. He is simply the best of what we've got atm (until we see Mara in action)

25 minutes ago, SonicBoom said:

I hope all the people that are pleased we aren't selling him, remember they are pleased when he smashes the ball into the keepers face from point blank range - yet again. 

We had 2 shots on target on Saturday, face shots would increase those stats.

44 minutes ago, SonicBoom said:

I hope all the people that are pleased we aren't selling him, remember they are pleased when he smashes the ball into the keepers face from point blank range - yet again. 

But dont you think that is exactly the reason why he's not far off being a very good striker? His general all round play is good and it's not like he doesn't get in positions, he regularly is in the right place at the right time it's just that little bit of composure that is stopping him being a 12-15 goal a season striker. If he was clueless in the box and barely ever got a kick like Armstrong and Long then maybe we should get rid of him but he's a good player and if he could just work on picking his spot rather than smashing it we would have a very good striker on our hands.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Football Insider really go all out with their graphics don't they?

Depends on the price. I'd be surprised if they didn't want to recuperate the £33m and I don't know if he's worth that.

£33m would smash our transfer record, but at 26 I think he’d be a great signing for us. If they do actively want to sell him maybe £25m plus add ons would be fair?

I’m desperate to see an actual link to a decent striker, we need one yesterday.

13 minutes ago, Turkish said:

But dont you think that is exactly the reason why he's not far off being a very good striker? His general all round play is good and it's not like he doesn't get in positions, he regularly is in the right place at the right time it's just that little bit of composure that is stopping him being a 12-15 goal a season striker. If he was clueless in the box and barely ever got a kick like Armstrong and Long then maybe we should get rid of him but he's a good player and if he could just work on picking his spot rather than smashing it we would have a very good striker on our hands.

That’s like saying a boxer is good because he’s light on his feet, but punches like a fairy.