Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

4 hours ago, Turkish said:

a 27 year old with 35 caps for a top nation, champions league and premier league experience available for nothing. Nah you're alright, give me £10m for a kid and lets hope they come good.

He's a proper defender and one we could use in our pathetic back line.

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

Valery didn’t look too bad in the friendlies, especially now he has bulked up, but it just goes to show the difference between a friendly and an EPL game. Perhaps it wouldn’t be so bad if we didn’t leave our last line so exposed but certainly those three are really not good enough together at this level.

You'd think Ralph would be well aware of the difference between pre-season friendlies and EPL matches.

Fairly possible that Ralph did want to start ABK but also wanted to avoid needing to start him up against Son and Kane in his first PL match.

If he played and got rinsed as many PL CBs do then he nay have lost confidence. A home game vs Leeds is more suited.

Also...this is the problem you get with signing too many young players. You can't expect them all to do a Livramento and Lavia and be one of your best players from day one. As with Broja, you have to pick the right time to introduce them.

Easy to forget but the transfer policy is a club policy, not a Ralph one. I'm sure he would love a £30m, experienced CB with 100 PL games, but thats not what we do.

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Fairly possible that Ralph did want to start ABK but also wanted to avoid needing to start him up against Son and Kane in his first PL match.

If he played and got rinsed as many PL CBs do then he nay have lost confidence. A home game vs Leeds is more suited.

Also...this is the problem you get with signing too many young players. You can't expect them all to do a Livramento and Lavia and be one of your best players from day one. As with Broja, you have to pick the right time to introduce them.

Easy to forget but the transfer policy is a club policy, not a Ralph one. I'm sure he would love a £30m, experienced CB with 100 PL games, but thats not what we do.

Here you go, talking sense again...

It's instant we want.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, saintant said:

You'd think Ralph would be well aware of the difference between pre-season friendlies and EPL matches.

Don't think he knows the difference between his arse and his elbow.*

*©My Gran 1973

• Haha 2

Just now, FarehamSaintJames said:

Maybe a bit out there and for years I’ve said he is absolutely bang average but…. Tyrone Mings anyone?
Immediately better than several of our current CB’s. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Would take him in a heartbeat, gives us that leadership we’ve needed too. However doesn’t he hold a massive grudge against saints for letting him go at youth level?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, warwicksaint said:

Would take him in a heartbeat, gives us that leadership we’ve needed too. However doesn’t he hold a massive grudge against saints for letting him go at youth level?

Beggars can’t be choosers right now. I’d argue he could be in the boat given his relationship with Gerrard and we most definitely are beggars now 😅

4 hours ago, Saint_lambden said:

Because he's awful. Last seen getting ripped to shreds by West Ham in the Europa League. 

I actually looked at his percentiles after this and didn’t appreciate how wank he actually was so I appreciate the heads up 😂

3 CBs though, I really like the look of and are all free transfers are;

Axel Zagadou - 23 yr old ex Dortmund, tall and imposing, French youth international… Roma sniffing around so unlikely

John Brooks - 29yr old ex Wolsburg CB, tall, athletic, decent on the ball. Likely looking to push for a USA WC place (German/USA). (My preference)

Cheik Kouyate - 32yr old ex Palace CB/DM, his passing percentiles are rather uninspiring so may not fit us completely but is a dominating CB with premier league experience, probably a decent stop gap that adds steel to the back line

1 hour ago, Dusic said:

Knowing Ralph, we’d get him a 30m experienced CB and he’d play him up top 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dusic said:

And Perraud not fit enough yet to play 90 mins - not much anyone can do about that.  It’s a major plus that he is anywhere near the first team at this time.

3 hours ago, stevy777_x said:

One game one bloody game, away at Spurs. Laughable

Take the last THIRTEEN games of last season into account and explain what progress the performance at WHL demonstrated. Factor in team selection, formation, in game tactical changes, substitutions, general standard of coaching awareness as the game progressed, and leadership on the pitch.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, ecurnew02 said:

Maybe I’m missing something but don’t really understand why West Ham are selling Benrahma, he had 8 goals and 6 assists last season in the prem. 

Benrahma would be exactly the kind of creative addition that we need. Also Caleta-Car at CB would be perfect. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Take the last THIRTEEN games of last season into account and explain what progress the performance at WHL demonstrated. Factor in team selection, formation, in game tactical changes, substitutions, general standard of coaching awareness as the game progressed, and leadership on the pitch.

Kane and Son didn't score, we obviously nullified that threat. 😉

3 hours ago, Dusic said:

It worked! We neutralized those 2 in the match. 

Now, about the others on the pitch...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dusic said:

If he played and got rinsed as many PL CBs do then he may have lost confidence. 

You could well be right, but was he rested by his last club when he played against Lewandoswki etc?

You'd hope he had the character to cope with a bad display against the world's best. If not, maybe we should not be signing him. 

I've not seen BK yet, but I had hoped he would go straight into the side to improve us, not simply be a replacement in waiting. Like you say, maybe he comes in against Leeds (would have bene better to get a Prem game under his belt IMO) and we go from strength to strength.

4 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Are you DT in disguise? 😅

Hahahahah. What bantz. From the non-negative man who brought you his negative view about the spurs game. To be fair I did look but the odds aren’t great. Because the bookies think it’s quite likely. So big risk from bet perspective. Even if you live in glamorous Fareham

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

He must be getting too old for that price 

Diop went from West Ham to Fulham for £15m and he only had a year left of his contract. I'm not a huge Che fan, but I'd expect £20m plus some add ons. 

• Like 2

On 08/08/2022 at 13:11, SambaMaverick said:

I don't know what fuck-up you mean so I'll just respectfully disagree.

£15m is fuck all. 

In terms of strikers signed last season alone:

Ings (circa £30m) - 7 league goals, same as Che

Weghorst (circa £15m) - 2 league goals in half a season

Lukaku (circa £100m) - 8 league goals

Edouard (circa £15m) - 6 league goals

Daka (circa £27m) - 5 league goals

Wood (circa £25m) - 2 league goals in half a season

I think alongside someone else, Che can be the perfect second striker. We saw glimpses of that with Ings.

15mil is not fuck all to us though is it?our record signing is only 20. 

2 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Seems very much on the cheap end for Che.

Hope it’s not a falling out as kicking a decent player out when the manager is skating on extremely thin ice would be dangerous.

We’re masters at that……..remember the record amount we spunked on Carrillo as MP was on the verge of being hoofed?!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baird of the land said:

Seems very much on the cheap end for Che.

Hope it’s not a falling out as kicking a decent player out when the manager is skating on extremely thin ice would be dangerous.

He dropped him at the back end of last year and gave AA his long awaited second chance. You'd hope Che wasn't happy about that. The very light use in pre-season suggests he was not going to be first choice this season either. My guess is that Che told the manager he wanted to move back up north, his agent has since touted him around and we are just waiting for the right offer. Could be pretty amicable. Who knows.

5 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

I MEAN FOR FUCKS SAKE SAINTS 

How can they afford his £250k a week wages?

You'd think Chelsea would be keen to loan players out to other Prem sides to help them take points off their rivals.

8 minutes ago, Chez said:

He dropped him at the back end of last year and gave AA his long awaited second chance. You'd hope Che wasn't happy about that. The very light use in pre-season suggests he was not going to be first choice this season either. My guess is that Che told the manager he wanted to move back up north, his agent has since touted him around and we are just waiting for the right offer. Could be pretty amicable. Who knows.

Timing is very odd if it is so amicable.

11 minutes ago, Dorchester Saint said:

Are there ANY credible rumours of a striker signing ffs!?
Surely we’re not going to sell Che Adams and fail to bring in an improved option in time are we…..? 

Different owners now but similar happened when we let Fonte go one January if I remember right. We were left with Stephens and Yoshida as first choice for half a season.

• Like 2