Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

I was wondering if there is a deal to be done where we can cancel the buy back clause with Livramento, sell him to Man United for £70m, buy Broja, Anjorin and Connor Gallagher for £30m and then get Livramento back on loan for two seasons. With the other £40m maybe a cheeky big for Jorginho as long term replacement for Romeu?

I think I spy a minor flaw in your plan... Romeu is only 3 months older than Jorginho, other than that it looks sound to me. 

1 hour ago, egg said:

Sounds plausible Del. Maybe they could throw in Kepa on a loan and cover his wages?

Nah you're alright, not many keepers have conceded 11 goals from 11 shots and missed a penalty in the same game so i'll stick with McCarthy thanks.

7 hours ago, verlaine1979 said:

If they want cover for Reese James, I wonder if there'll be a deal to be done swapping Livramento for Broja, Anjorin + a bit of cash.

Doubt Livra would want to be cover for Reece James, it's why he left in the first place.

Also Broja is probably worth about £25m and Anjorin about £10-15m. ~£40m is pricey for a back up fullback even at Chelsea, any more money and they will be very out of pocket.

Also, Broja seems to get on well with Livra and Anjorin is used to playing with Livra too. Getting the three of them in the team together is probably the goal.

18 minutes ago, notnowcato said:

I think I spy a minor flaw in your plan... Romeu is only 3 months older than Jorginho, other than that it looks sound to me. 

Damn it. What about Billy Gilmour then? He'd only cost about £10m as been playing for Norwich this season who are awful, could bring him in as cover and still have £30m in the pot for a keeper. Henderson as part of the Liveramento deal?

Edited by Turkish

If Burnley go down we should go for Pope, quality keeper, some his saves last night against Leicester were stunning. 

Also I wonder if Werner would want to link up with Ralph again? Get his career back on track, prove himself in the PL, if Chelski are looking to offload might be able to do a deal.

Edited by tajjuk
  • Like 3

I was wondering if there is a deal to be done where we can cancel the buy back clause with Livramento, sell him to Man United for £70m, buy Broja, Anjorin and Connor Gallagher for £30m and then get Livramento back on loan for two seasons. With the other £40m maybe a cheeky big for Jorginho as long term replacement for Romeu?

What’s in it for Utd if they are going to give him back to us for two years?

The son-in-law material that run our club are too "nice" to make these kind of deals happen.

20 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

The son-in-law material that run our club are too "nice" to make these kind of deals happen.

We still lack the ambition to really push on. Players and other clubs still think we want to stay a small club. These deals would be possible if we had a bigger stadium.

• Like 2

The only weak link in our best starting XI is Bednarek. Our priority this summer should be to bring Dael Fry in. We should have bought him instead of Vestergaard. His price has gone up now after his performances against Man United and Spurs but it's still not too late to get him. 

If, as seems likely, we can't keep Broja, Andrea Belotti, who'll be a free agent in the summer, would be the ideal replacement.

Edited by Nordic Saint
  • Like 1

A cheeky bid for Harry Kane wouldn’t be bad, 29 years old and not a trophy to his name this summer. 

Jokes aside, Broja at all costs this summer, a solid GK that you’ll get four or five years out of, a CB and a winger. A striker of Broja doesn’t stay, although I think Chelsea’s financial position will change constantly over the coming months so it isn’t implausible anymore that we may have a chance.

Curve ball shout, as an upgrade on Bednarek I'd go for Holding from Arsenal. Saliba is back in the summer so they are overloaded in that position, Holding is 26 so needs to be starting games and is a good age to get a good 6-7 years out of him and he was a fixture in the Arsenal team last season that had the third best defense in the league. 2 years left on his contract so transfer fee might be an issue, but a loan to buy deal might work well. 

5 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

That would be a downgrade. Bednarek isn't remotely as bad as some on this forum make out. 

Ridiculous. Holding was a first choice CB in a side that conceded 39 goals in 38 games, with only Chelsea and City conceding less, and he was fantastic that season too. 

8 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

Curve ball shout, as an upgrade on Bednarek I'd go for Holding from Arsenal. Saliba is back in the summer so they are overloaded in that position, Holding is 26 so needs to be starting games and is a good age to get a good 6-7 years out of him and he was a fixture in the Arsenal team last season that had the third best defense in the league. 2 years left on his contract so transfer fee might be an issue, but a loan to buy deal might work well. 

English and an established PL player, that usually means high fee, I reckon Arsenal would expect upwards of £25 -30 million for him and I don't think he is worth that. He's a decent PL centre-back, Bednerak is a decent PL centre-back, even if it is an upgrade its not much of one, for a big fee, who wouldn't likely have a high re-sell. 

Unless we sell Salisu, I don't see a centre-back being bought. Salisu is very good, Bednerak is decent, Stephens is decent and maybe there is some value in Valery adapting there and fulfilling his potential, Lyanco has shown he's decent, plus we have Simeu waiting in the wings as well. 

First choice GK, upgrade at no.10 and new striker are what we need. (that presumably based on not getting Broja)

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

English and an established PL player, that usually means high fee, I reckon Arsenal would expect upwards of £25 -30 million for him and I don't think he is worth that. He's a decent PL centre-back, Bednerak is a decent PL centre-back, even if it is an upgrade its not much of one, for a big fee, who wouldn't likely have a high re-sell. 

Unless we sell Salisu, I don't see a centre-back being bought. Salisu is very good, Bednerak is decent, Stephens is decent and maybe there is some value in Valery adapting there and fulfilling his potential, Lyanco has shown he's decent, plus we have Simeu waiting in the wings as well. 

First choice GK, upgrade at no.10 and new striker are what we need. (that presumably based on not getting Broja)

Nutshell.

haven't had one of them for a while trousers

11 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

an upgrade on Bednarek 🤣

18 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

This will be a shame as Lord Semmens  has a good relationship with Marina, by all accounts.

image.png.c1fd3503236b01ea27835fa76bbe6bbf.png

If they are going they might as well bail out by selling us Broja (after all it was in the loan contract - nudge nudge wink wink) at a pre agreed figure if £15m. 

On 02/03/2022 at 23:51, Matthew Le God said:

That would be a downgrade. Bednarek isn't remotely as bad as some on this forum make out. 

On 03/03/2022 at 10:52, Ldnsaint said:

an upgrade on Bednarek 🤣

Without a competent partner alongside him he shows his true colours today.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Without a competent partner alongside him he shows his true colours today.

But Holding isn't an upgrade, very similar level and he's not going to raise a profit when we sell him - so he'd be a 15-20m investment with very little sell-on value, not our style. He's a proper mid-table centre back if I've ever seen one.

If we upgrade on Bednarek I'd like it to be someone with a higher celling, like Caleta-Carr etc.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

But Holding isn't an upgrade, very similar level and he's not going to raise a profit when we sell him - so he'd be a 15-20m investment with very little sell-on value, not our style. He's a proper mid-table centre back if I've ever seen one.

If we upgrade on Bednarek I'd like it to be someone with a higher celling, like Caleta-Carr etc.

Very surprised that people are so dismissive of someone that had an excellent season in a team that had the third best defensive record in the league. Holding might not be top tier but he's top half quality. Bednarek is, at best, a 10th-17th level player.

We had a class summer but my one major criticism was that we signed a 4th choice cb when we needed a second choice one. I don't know why we did that and today it really cost us. Salisu plus Bednarek/Stephens is plenty for top half but take Salisu out and that is a 15th-20th cb pairing.

• Like 4

On 02/03/2022 at 22:56, Saint_clark said:

Dael Fry would be better.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Very surprised that people are so dismissive of someone that had an excellent season in a team that had the third best defensive record in the league. Holding might not be top tier but he's top half quality. Bednarek is, at best, a 10th-17th level player.

I’m not dismissive as such, just that the club strategy would be to buy for £15-20m for a player eg Caleta-Car with a £35-50m potential  ceiling with the right development (yes, not every player works out like that). Holding is a decent player but ceiling is probably £20-25m, whereas they are looking for another Salisu. Advantage of the takeover is back to buying £12-25m again, equivalent of what we were signing 2012-17. 2017-21 was mid table Champ stuff really. Bednarek was fine for £6m at the time, sell him on now for £12-15m and re-invest. 

34 minutes ago, TWar said:

We had a class summer but my one major criticism was that we signed a 4th choice cb when we needed a second choice one. I don't know why we did that and today it really cost us. Salisu plus Bednarek/Stephens is plenty for top half but take Salisu out and that is a 15th-20th cb pairing.

Absolutley agree, but I don't think we had the money to do much more than Lyanco. Should be different this summer, but we'll still have to lose one in order to make the space.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TWar said:

Completely agree with all of this.

Also don't see Rob Holding as a worthwhile upgrade.

10 hours ago, TWar said:

10 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Absolutley agree, but I don't think we had the money to do much more than Lyanco. Should be different this summer, but we'll still have to lose one in order to make the space.

We all thought Salisu had been a 4th choice signing his first season, Lyanco could step up. 

1 hour ago, Saint_clark said:

We all thought Salisu had been a 4th choice signing his first season, Lyanco could step up. 

I don't know if we did. Seemed pretty clear by the calibre of other clubs in for Salisu and how well rated he was that he would be a starter imo.

Lyanco wasn't even a starter for a relegation threatened club in the Italian league.

Quite honestly a wheelie bin would’ve provided more defensive cover yesterday.

Speed is not Bednarek or Stephen’s strong points.

A new partner for Salisu this summer is much needed, and as said above one will have to go.

This reaction isn’t on the back of yesterdays result, but the past few years. Bednarek just isn’t a viable long term option. I’ve been saying this for months.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, benjii said:

Not sure we can assume Salisu will be here next season, to be honest.

We may have to take as much for Salisu as we can, if he wants to move on, doesn't want to sign an extension, and we get offers.

That would leave us with Bednarek (2025), Lyanco (2025), Valery (2023) and Stephens (2022)

I was thinking that if the club knew that Salisu didn't want to extend, they might free up extra funds by allowing Stephens to go. But as he seems to have signed an extension, all four could be in our squad for next season. It took a little bit of time for a variety of reasons for Salisu to become first choice, but he is by some distance, and that's what we'd need to replace. We can only hope that the next person there, is just as good as Salisu has turned out to be.

12 minutes ago, benjii said:

Not sure we can assume Salisu will be here next season, to be honest.

If he isn't hopefully we get good money to reinvest. Personally I think when this board get the chance to buy they usually do well. Even Lyanco was probably good business for £4m it's just a shame we only had £4m.

Hope we keep Salisu and buy a cb, a 10 and a gk in the window along with a few sales. This squad is good but it needs some care to be at a top half/europe level.

18 hours ago, TWar said:

You still holding to your theory that Villa are shit?

8 hours ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

You still holding to your theory that Villa are shit?

Not shit, just with a worse squad than us and an average mid table side that are way worse than the "pushing for top 6, similar level to Arsenal and Spurs" a lot of fans were pushing over the summer.

And yeah, I still think we are better than them. Above them in the table, still in the cup. They had a good win when we had an off day when we had played three days before and had a couple of key players out, it happens. They did Liverpool 7-2 last season and they sure as shit weren't better than them either.

Edited by TWar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Badger said:

This could cause a few ripples in the transfer market this summer:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60652298

although it assumes players will be allowed out of Russia in the first place 

Saw this too.

Also talk of players from the Ukrainian league being eligible to terminate are their contracts and sign for new clubs.

I believe a similar situation happened in China when Jisheng Suning were liquidated and when a lot of CSL was pulled from the league, salary caps introduced etc.

Wouldnt mind is going for a couple of Shakhter players!

12 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Saw this too.

Also talk of players from the Ukrainian league being eligible to terminate are their contracts and sign for new clubs.

I believe a similar situation happened in China when Jisheng Suning were liquidated and when a lot of CSL was pulled from the league, salary caps introduced etc.

Tenuous link…. Lyanco’s sister is with Maycon, who’s a Brazilian CM who plays for Shakhter. 

No idea if he’s any good mind you. 

On 02/03/2022 at 08:09, Turkish said:

fucking genius. gets my vote

On 07/03/2022 at 21:16, FarehamSaintJames said:

Saw this too.

Illya Zabarnyi is a very well regarded CB at Dynamo Kyiv and already plays for the NT aged 19. 

• Like 1

DCL is almost like that young, up and coming striker who scored a few goals when they sold their other strikers and he was alls that was left.

I wouldn’t say he is anything different to Che Adams. His goal scoring record isn’t all that.

Jordan Pickford or Demarai Gray are the only two I’d take from Everton.

Going back to the Ukrainian league, I’d take Marcos Antonio from Shakhtar, box to box midfielder.

What with it being world womens day are there any ladies we can sign that would improve us? What about that yank bird that looks like a lessa? She’s can stick it in the onion bag by the looks of it. Better than long or a 89th minute sub?

• Haha 1

If the foreign players in Ukraine and Russia get to become free agents Sebastian Szymanski would be near the top of my list of players I’d like for us to look at. Plays mainly as a AM but can also play a little deeper. He has 13 goals contributions this season in 18 games, only 22.