Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

9 hours ago, Turkish said:

Being linked with Harry Winks again with us Palace supposedly registered an interest. 

Any club looking at signing Harry Winks needs to ask their scouts and coaches to give their heads a firm wobble.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, DT said:

Southampton & Crystal Palace have both expressed an interest in Tottenham midfielder Harry Winks, the 26-year-old will be allowed to leave this summer should a ‘sensible offer’ arrive #saintsfc [

@AJ_Wood15

, star]

Christ almighty. Really hope not. He's absolute gash

Underrated player. Would end up being a good signing for us especially in a position where the quality drop off is huge after the two first choice players.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

Underrated player. Would end up being a good signing for us especially in a position where the quality drop off is huge after the two first choice players.

I would imagine it will be a replacement for JWP if a decent offer from a big club comes in. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

This chap fits the right sort of profile for a Saints type signing but there are some bigger fish in the mix for him. Plus the source comes with the usual caveats...

Screenshot_20220327-223045.png

Young attacking midfielder with CL experience on a freebie so imagine a lot of clubs in the mix.

9 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

He's absolutely awful

9 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

Agree with this, although thought he was over-hyped a few season back when he was in the England side.  If his attitude is right he'd fit in well with us.

9 minutes ago, DT said:

He's absolutely awful

Harsh.  Like most Spurs players he's floundered recently but he's not awful by any stretch

Although, KWP was a 22 year old who couldn't get games ahead of Walker, Trippier and their £23m signing Aurier. Winks is 26 and behind Hojbjerg and Skipp in their pecking order. Think it's another case of there has to be better available elsewhere.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, miserableoldgit said:

I am not sure that KWP was that highly rated by Saints or Spuds fans when he signed for us. Who know what Winks could do under Ralph?

I reckon thousands of Spurs fans would volunteer to drive him here if we were daft enough to take him off their hands.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The Left Back said:

Agree with this, although thought he was over-hyped a few season back when he was in the England side.  If his attitude is right he'd fit in well with us.

Harsh.  Like most Spurs players he's floundered recently but he's not awful by any stretch

He gives the ball away more than djenepo ! 
no no no !  And that’s a no from me ! Sell diallo bring in ibrahima sangare from psv 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, miserableoldgit said:

I am not sure that KWP was that highly rated by Saints or Spuds fans when he signed for us. Who know what Winks could do under Ralph?

Winks is not an up and coming youngster with potential. He is a 26 years old who has made very little impact in the PL and I'd rather see Diallo as 3rd choice central midfielder than him.

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 7

I personally think that if he can’t get in the Spurs side in front of Mr average Hoijberg, it’s a no. Spuds fans think he’s shit, I think he’s shit, and Levy valued him at 35mil. 🤣🤣

Only way I’d want him is on loan, with an agreed valuation. If he’s any good (unlikely!) we sign him, else thanks but no thanks, bye. Likely.

I wouldn’t even consider a deal with shister Levy. He’s not worth dealing with. 

KWP was young and had potential, - Winks isn’t and hasn’t.  I’d be gutted if we signed him - just no.

• Like 3

At 26, and with us looking for resale value in our aquisitions, we'd have to be getting a good deal to take him. That's not really what Levy's known for.

Even if we got a decent deal, with him being contracted until 2023 (or 2024 in some headlines, our scouts must think there's a lot of untapped potential there if we were to go for him.

Edited by Holmes_and_Watson

13 hours ago, vectraman said:

I personally think that if he can’t get in the Spurs side in front of Mr average Hoijberg, it’s a no. Spuds fans think he’s shit, I think he’s shit, and Levy valued him at 35mil. 🤣🤣

Only way I’d want him is on loan, with an agreed valuation. If he’s any good (unlikely!) we sign him, else thanks but no thanks, bye. Likely.

I wouldn’t even consider a deal with shister Levy. He’s not worth dealing with. 

KWP was young and had potential, - Winks isn’t and hasn’t.  I’d be gutted if we signed him - just no.

If you think he is as bad as your expletives suggest why would you want him here at all even on loan. Sounds confused to me.

18 hours ago, HarvSFC said:

Although, KWP was a 22 year old who couldn't get games ahead of Walker, Trippier and their £23m signing Aurier. Winks is 26 and behind Hojbjerg and Skipp in their pecking order. Think it's another case of there has to be better available elsewhere.

Obviously, Winks is more of a defensive midfielder but if we do sell Ward-Prowse in the summer and need a suitable replacement for him, then Ruslan Malinovskyi would be far better than Winks, even if he would cost a sizeable chunk of the fee we got for JWP.

3 hours ago, DT said:

Really hope this Winks thing is unrelated to any bid from Spurs for Ward Prowse. If it is it would be like swapping a pound coin for a house

I think Spurs have an eye on one or two our players, this is a little bit of gamesmanship by the sleazy Levy, offer Winks as an opening to the bidding? 

7 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

If you think he is as bad as your expletives suggest why would you want him here at all even on loan. Sounds confused to me.

Because what I think of a player is irrelevant compared to what Ralph thinks of him. If Ralph thinks he can get a tune out of him that's what counts, but I'd hope Ralph would have him here on loan first. Better explanation?

37 minutes ago, Chris cooper said:

Yep 👍🏻 all over the fighting cock (spurs forum) they think the latter certainly is a done deal.

Both have long contracts so would be hugely expensive for Tottenham who aren't particularly cash-rich. Plus Chelsea will have a say on Tino.

I can get why they would want them both but not the greatest of value.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Both have long contracts so would be hugely expensive for Tottenham who aren't particularly cash-rich. Plus Chelsea will have a say on Tino.

Spurs fans being spursy..they think winks would be a good acquisition in favour of Jwp going the other way too I read. Shades of hoijberg deal only winks isn’t anywhere near useful as Kwp.

Whenever posters suggest we should sign experienced Premiership players, this (Winks) is exactly the type of player that comes to my mind. Experienced yes, but so meh. All you get is someone that another club is not that fussed about and can play at this level, but does not excel or improve the side, just gives you expensive cover and fills a squad berth that could be filled with a player that might blossom into a star.

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

yep. Spurs got burnt on there last couple of mega money signings. I can see them return to the `tap up just before they approach the last year of their contract' type. I suspect Salisu's agent will soon to be top of Levy's recent call list.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chez said:

Whenever posters suggest we should sign experienced Premiership players, this (Winks) is exactly the type of player that comes to my mind. Experienced yes, but so meh. All you get is someone that another club is not that fussed about and can play at this level, but does not excel or improve the side, just gives you expensive cover and fills a squad berth that could be filled with a player that might blossom into a star.

Not saying you’re incorrect in that thought, but what’s to say Winks is not the star ready to blossom under a different system and boss?  My thought is that often players often excel because of the partnerships they form under the system(s) they’re asked to play…think Morgan S, Wanyama and Hojberg who all played better with Saints than the club they moved to IMO. That said, whenever I’ve seen him he seems too lightweight to go up against some of the prem league midfield bulls.

8 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Not sure how reliable he is but says we're favourites

I like the sound of this lad. 25 goals in 75 games, a Brazil U23 and Appears to fit the YHGTI criteria. We’ll do well to get him ahead of some of those teams 

3 minutes ago, trousers said:

Is this chap another Mané or Djenepo? (I confess to never having heard of him before) 

As someone who watches a lot of Ukrainian football I can confirm this will be an insane signing. All you need to know bruv. quick, skillful with a great first touch

https://fminside.net/players/1-fm-21/19348859-tete

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Until I see him wearing a Saints shirt on a novel unveiling video from the media team, I'm not getting my hopes up on Tete.

Good luck with that. I'm still waiting patiently for Salisu's signing on photo shoot...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Turkish said:

As someone who watches a lot of Ukrainian football I can confirm this will be an insane signing. All you need to know bruv. quick, skillful with a great first touch

https://fminside.net/players/1-fm-21/19348859-tete

We can't have another insane signing: Tino was enough.

Crazy, mental, biblical signings even are all okay. Insane? Don't be insane.