Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

38 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Salisu is to keep, I imagine he’d stay here longer anyway, it’s taken him that long to settle in I can’t imagine him uplifting his life again that quickly.

He has to be sold this summer if he doesn't extend his contract, if we want to make a substantial profit on the deal. That's just the reality.

I imagine he'll stay in England, though.

47 minutes ago, danjosaint said:

How difficult he found it to settle I just don't see him moving just yet,  perhaps an extension with a promise of not standing in his way if big team comes in for him 

Thing again he ll be off this summer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, once_bitterne said:

I think the club's strategy all along was to put Livermento in the shop window and sell him fr a nice profit as quickly as possible.  There's little downside as we already have another, very good RB, at the club anyway.

I think their strategy has been to play Livramento because he looked better than KWP in pre-season and then when he shined to keep playing him, until he got injured. Players are not picked to be in the shop window, they are picked to win games. 

• Like 5

Football Insider, quoting someone with a social media account who is basically just wondering out loud about deals Spurs could theoretically try and do :facepalm:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/tottenham-transfer-news-two-spurs-stars-could-be-offered-in-part-exchange-for-livramento-insider/

Edited by Midfield_General
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Midfield_General said:

Football Insider, quoting someone with a social media account who is basically just wondering out loud about deals Spurs could theoretically try and do :facepalm:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/tottenham-transfer-news-two-spurs-stars-could-be-offered-in-part-exchange-for-livramento-insider/

Dont forget Alan Hutton also said Liveamento would be a good signing for Spurs, it's basically a done deal.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nordic Saint said:

We need an upgrade on Bednarek. We need a big central defender who can win everything in the air. We really need Dael Fry.

There's a tall player for Leicester who needs game time... he was good for Denmark in the last international competition, too...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Chez said:

I think their strategy has been to play Livramento because he looked better than KWP in pre-season and then when he shined to keep playing him, until he got injured. Players are not picked to be in the shop window, they are picked to win games. 

Well for a start KWP was just about our best player in the entire squad in the pre-season so that can't be true.

Sadly football is as much about what goes on in the bank balance as the league table now.  I can think it very feasible, if we have two RBs of similar ability, that we could well be playing the one we think we could make a huge profit on to re-invest in new transfers.  If Chelsea get a new owner sorted by the Summer but no longer have the financial might of Roman then I think they could well be looking at using the buy back deal they have with us as this will be cheaper than buying a similar talent player from another club.

12 hours ago, Nordic Saint said:

We need an upgrade on Bednarek. We need a big central defender who can win everything in the air. We really need Dael Fry.

In the Summer it's pretty certain we'll need to replace Salisu too.  He seems to have Newcastle written all over him.  Not quite at a CL club level but exactly the sort of player they can pay over the odds for in terms of transfer fees and wages.  They already had an early try in January.

1 hour ago, once_bitterne said:

Well for a start KWP was just about our best player in the entire squad in the pre-season so that can't be true.

Sadly football is as much about what goes on in the bank balance as the league table now.  I can think it very feasible, if we have two RBs of similar ability, that we could well be playing the one we think we could make a huge profit on to re-invest in new transfers.  If Chelsea get a new owner sorted by the Summer but no longer have the financial might of Roman then I think they could well be looking at using the buy back deal they have with us as this will be cheaper than buying a similar talent player from another club.

Yeah agreed, KWP has been better than Livramento the entire season for me. Bar maybe a couple of stand out performances by Livramento I don't think its ever really been in doubt. Livramento is good, but he shouldn't be a starting choice over Perraud or KWP on current form. I think at the start of the season he was played for 2 reasons - one because perraud had to bed in to english footy, and two because Livramento was (and is) a great marketting ploy for our shop window business model - there is no better way to sell yourself to young players than to be able to point to players like Livramento and Broja coming in and making an impact in the premier league. I personally think the club will be delighted to have all 3 of them here, all signed for a good price, all young (ish), all on reasonable wages, and all with potential resale value / profit. 

The chelsea situation is interesting. On the one hand, it suddenly looks quite unlikely that they will be able to take up that first option on Livramento now (transfer ban / financial situation) - so we can potentially sell him for a lot more. But equally, they'll probably be forced to sell a lot of first team players (like Lukaku) to balance the books - which means they'll either see Broja as a critical player for the intermediate future - or a cash cow to be milked. Eitherway, i think its probably more unlikely than ever that we'll sign him now :(

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, once_bitterne said:

In the Summer it's pretty certain we'll need to replace Salisu too.  He seems to have Newcastle written all over him.  Not quite at a CL club level but exactly the sort of player they can pay over the odds for in terms of transfer fees and wages.  They already had an early try in January.

Not sure Newcastle will want Salisu after his performance against them last night

23 hours ago, once_bitterne said:

They can't until 2023.

On 10/03/2022 at 21:00, Nordic Saint said:

We need an upgrade on Bednarek. We need a big central defender who can win everything in the air. 

winning stuff in the air is the bare minimum, we also need someone that is fast, strong, good on the ball, reads the game and makes good decisions. On our budget....bloody hell, the scouting system better be good.

49 minutes ago, Chez said:

winning stuff in the air is the bare minimum, we also need someone that is fast, strong, good on the ball, reads the game and makes good decisions. On our budget....bloody hell, the scouting system better be good.

Don't need to perfect at those things, just better than Bednarek. I think that shouldn't be too hard if we invest decent money.

Just now, Lighthouse said:

TBH there’re still quite a few I wouldn’t be at all fussed to see the back of. Any of our ‘keepers, Stephens, Valery, Moi, Walcott, Long and Djenepo.

We are certainly in need for a new first choice keeper, I'm sure the club see that.

New CB for sure, Stephens being sold makes sense then demote Bednarek to third choice etc. I think Lyanco was our CB signing for a 'few years' though, we missed the boat to upgrade on Bednarek last summer in my opinion.

Number 10 area's need a total overhaul and I really, really hope the club see that. Moussa, Theo, Redmond can go. Smallbone needs a loan to toughen up and work out his position.

We're not far away, probably 3 or 4 players, but if we don't fill those spots then we'll just continue being a bit of a nothing mid-table team.

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

TBH there’re still quite a few I wouldn’t be at all fussed to see the back of. Any of our ‘keepers, Stephens, Valery, Moi, Walcott, Long and Djenepo.

I'd keep Valery, he does well enough at CB to justify his modest wages. Add Bednarek and Redmond to that list for me.

Our next CB signing needs to be in the Lovren, Alderweireld, Van Dijk bracket. All three were still developing in their careers and hadn’t hit their peak when we got them. However, all three had also played in the Champions League and were fairly experienced for their age. We’re currently searching for potential, but for players with limited experience, which can prove costly and bring in too many in-match errors at centre-back. A bit of experience but still with potential to grow is the perfect balance and those three were our most successful centre-back signings of recent years. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

Our next CB signing needs to be in the Lovren, Alderweireld, Van Dijk bracket. All three were still developing in their careers and hadn’t hit their peak when we got them. However, all three had also played in the Champions League and were fairly experienced for their age. We’re currently searching for potential, but for players with limited experience, which can prove costly and bring in too many in-match errors at centre-back. A bit of experience but still with potential to grow is the perfect balance and those three were our most successful centre-back signings of recent years. 

I don’t think we’ll get anyone who is anywhere near that level of quality. I think this just highlights how incredible our recruitment was during those years. 

3 top class CB’s there. 

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

We are certainly in need for a new first choice keeper, I'm sure the club see that.

New CB for sure, Stephens being sold makes sense then demote Bednarek to third choice etc. I think Lyanco was our CB signing for a 'few years' though, we missed the boat to upgrade on Bednarek last summer in my opinion.

Number 10 area's need a total overhaul and I really, really hope the club see that. Moussa, Theo, Redmond can go. Smallbone needs a loan to toughen up and work out his position.

We're not far away, probably 3 or 4 players, but if we don't fill those spots then we'll just continue being a bit of a nothing mid-table team.

Bednarek is a better option than Stephens, but not by much imo. However we're likely to pick up a much better offer for Bednarek (international caps, age, 3 years still on contract etc). I'd be inclined to shift him and keep Stephens and Lyanco to compete for 3rd/4th choice*

*on the basis that we look to bring in a quality CB to partner Salisu. As others have suggested, a CB with CL or EL experience similar to how we targeted VVD, Alderweireld etc

11 hours ago, Chez said:

Then let's hope they discover Bremer before his transfer value rockets.  Just checked the latest transfer rumours and it looks like it's already too late. Man City and Liverpool are both being linked with him. As you said, on our budget, it's difficult. 

Edited by Nordic Saint