2022/23 Other games

Lighthouse

1 hour ago, macca155 said:

9 teams within 5 points of each other. Its going to be dog eat dog down the bottom.

It's so cute that some people honestly think we are still in the mix jostling with other teams to stay up.

3 hours ago, cloggy saint said:

We are, the numbers speak for themselves.

They certainly do.

- Not scored more than 1 goal in an EPL game since mid January

- A forward or attacking midfielder hasn't scored an EPL goal for Saints since November.

- 90th out of 92 in 2022

- Two goals in the last 2 months in the EPL

The rest must be shitting themselves!

Edited by OttawaSaint
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, cloggy saint said:

We are, the numbers speak for themselves.

0.8 points a game equalling a full season total of 30 points.

Bottom three non stop since World Cup.

We need top 8 form from here on to get to 38 points and we've barely won a home match all season.

Yes, if you're the kind of moron that gets excited by "look look the team in 16th is only 2 points ahead!!!!!" Then fill your boots.

We had our little positive run and still we're bottom at the end of it and you still don't get it.

The numbers absolutely speak for themselves.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

I must say i’m not enjoying the continuous games due to the world cup. when you’re bottom of the league it really does become a chore two times a week

So true! Especially when our players tried to reinstate a bit of hope for some after the Leicester and United results, only to do what they always do and crush it straight afterwards!

3 hours ago, CB Fry said:

0.8 points a game equalling a full season total of 30 points.

Bottom three non stop since World Cup.

We need top 8 form from here on to get to 38 points and we've barely won a home match all season.

Yes, if you're the kind of moron that gets excited by "look look the team in 16th is only 2 points ahead!!!!!" Then fill your boots.

We had our little positive run and still we're bottom at the end of it and you still don't get it.

The numbers absolutely speak for themselves.

No need to resort to insults mate, the fact is we are still in with a shout of saving ourselves., regardless of what's gone before.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, CB Fry said:

It's so cute that some people honestly think we are still in the mix jostling with other teams to stay up.

Have you seriously given up? If it is OK with you I won't just yet.

I concede pretty nailed on we're going down, but a glimmer of hope remains.

2 hours ago, macca155 said:

Have you seriously given up? If it is OK with you I won't just yet.

I concede pretty nailed on we're going down, but a glimmer of hope remains.

You've really shown me up with your relentless optimism.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

We need too much to go our way to survive now.

Not only that but we need to go on a run of 3 wins in a row to pull us out and give us confidence.  It's just not going to happen,  I can't remember the last time we managed back to back league wins, never mind 3 in a row. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DT said:

Just imagine if we’d got Sean Dyche when we should (despite those on here whining about his ‘playing style’). Gets results. And we’d be well clear. Bloody algorithms

I agree we should’ve got Sean Dyche instead of Nathan Jones, but equally you need a certain calibre of player to excel in his tactics. 

Their defenders and holding kids aren’t players that go down easily, they aren’t made of glass like some of our players. 😅

1 hour ago, Micky said:

Not only that but we need to go on a run of 3 wins in a row to pull us out and give us confidence.  It's just not going to happen,  I can't remember the last time we managed back to back league wins, never mind 3 in a row. 

Agreed, despite the fact that I keep trying to persuade myself it will somehow come right, the cold hard reality will probably hit soon.

Everton will stay up because their squad is not and should never have been relegation material. Dyche will keep them up by being mediocre where Lampard was dreadful. Next season expectant Everton fans will demand progress towards their rightful place in the Champions League; Dyche will provide further mediocrity with turgid football, uninspiring results and a forgettable, bottom half league position. Around Christmas the board will decide he has taken them as far as he can and sack him.

Selles has 8 points from his 6 league games in charge, exactly the same as Dyche in his last 6. I doubt we’d be any better off with him here.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Everton will stay up because their squad is not and should never have been relegation material. Dyche will keep them up by being mediocre where Lampard was dreadful. Next season expectant Everton fans will demand progress towards their rightful place in the Champions League; Dyche will provide further mediocrity with turgid football, uninspiring results and a forgettable, bottom half league position. Around Christmas the board will decide he has taken them as far as he can and sack him.

Selles has 8 points from his 6 league games in charge, exactly the same as Dyche in his last 6. I doubt we’d be any better off with him here.

True. But if Dyche had been appointed instead of Nathan F*cking Jones I think we'd be above the drop line and with a good shout of survival.

Edited by Dark Munster

12 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

I said at the time that we needed to go get him when Ralph was in his turgid period at the back end of last season. We have lower expectations than Everton, meaning it was even more laughable and unrealistic to have awarded a lucrative contract (and ultimately our survival chances) to that pillock from Luton. I still have to pinch myself at the stupidity of the board and Rasmus in particular, with his ego-driven belief in numbers and not common sense. We will pay for it by having many years in the Championship or even below. Which is very sad. Going to try and see Saints in the premier while i can as much as i can in the run up to being sent down by Brighton, probably. The only thing giving me a little optimism is our goal difference is currently not the worst, meaning being level on the last day may still be ok

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

This, Everton have been doing this every 2 years or so, spend shed loads, appoint manager with good style, goes tits up, appoint clogger, clogger saves them, next season clogger produces expected turd football and they go again. 

Dyche is not some sort of magic man, he's done no different to what Selles has done which is basically go back to basics and try to be as solid as possible. He's only got as many points as he's got because no one expected an old full back like Coleman to run into the channel and shoot from an absurd angle, which somehow fluked them 3 points in a game they were completely outplayed in. They have been turgid in pretty much every game since he took over. 

13 hours ago, Dark Munster said:

True. But if Dyche had been appointed instead of Nathan F*cking Jones I think we'd be above the drop line and with a good shout of survival.

3 hours ago, DT said:

I said at the time that we needed to go get him when Ralph was in his turgid period at the back end of last season. We have lower expectations than Everton, meaning it was even more laughable and unrealistic to have awarded a lucrative contract (and ultimately our survival chances) to that pillock from Luton. I still have to pinch myself at the stupidity of the board and Rasmus in particular, with his ego-driven belief in numbers and not common sense. We will pay for it by having many years in the Championship or even below. Which is very sad. Going to try and see Saints in the premier while i can as much as i can in the run up to being sent down by Brighton, probably. The only thing giving me a little optimism is our goal difference is currently not the worst, meaning being level on the last day may still be ok

Nothing relating to Jones would have been justification for appointing Dyche. Sure, the latter is a better manager than the former but so is pretty much any other option we had available, including not sacking Ralph at all, or sacking him and just having Selles in charge.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Nothing relating to Jones would have been justification for appointing Dyche. Sure, the latter is a better manager than the former but so is pretty much any other option we had available, including not sacking Ralph at all, or sacking him and just having Selles in charge.

A potato sitting on a chair would’ve been a better option than Jones

2 hours ago, tajjuk said:

This, Everton have been doing this every 2 years or so, spend shed loads, appoint manager with good style, goes tits up, appoint clogger, clogger saves them, next season clogger produces expected turd football and they go again. 

Dyche is not some sort of magic man, he's done no different to what Selles has done which is basically go back to basics and try to be as solid as possible. He's only got as many points as he's got because no one expected an old full back like Coleman to run into the channel and shoot from an absurd angle, which somehow fluked them 3 points in a game they were completely outplayed in. They have been turgid in pretty much every game since he took over. 

Factor in a decent keeper as well, the difference Pickford will make to Everton's survival chances should not be under estimated.

29 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Even with all those dreadful results under Jones, all we had to do was not throw away a 1-0 lead at home to a crap, ten man Wolves team and we’d be 15th.

Problem with that logic is we'd then have kept Jones and by now been truly f**ked.

See Palace are keeping up their crap form. Didn't see their game today but by all accounts they were useless - though their next six games are all against relegation rivals. 

• Like 1

Just now, Micky said:

Feel a bit for Fulham, up until that point they have been really good, no chance now though.

Why? They’ve got a huge advantage now having two players sent off, If you thought it was tough to play against 10 let’s see how hard it is against 9

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nta786 said:

This is terrible for us. Willian and Mitrovic are banned for 3 games now at least, and Fulham's next three are...

Bournemouth, West Ham and Everton.

Watch all 3 of those win. 

🤣 of course they do FFS 🤣🤣