The 'New Manager' thread

Bad Wolf

On 11/10/2022 at 10:32, Turkish said:

Why AMN? He played over 130 times for Arsenal, also played in the premier league with WBA, played in Europe, played for England! If anyone should be able to come in straight away its him.

AMN may be one of those talented guys who don't train and work in a team as they should. We've had that type before, they never play to their potential and their career is never fulfilled. Hope he's not one of those, but it looks possible.

We’re a mediocre club. We aren’t a Man City or Arsenal, we’re not even a Leicester right now.

It’ll be someone from abroad/another league.

Ange from Celtic I guessed a couple of weeks ago but don’t see it being him. I see it being a Scandinavian. Maybe that chap from Mainz? 

But nothing will happen until the World Cup period.

My Austrian friend thinks really highly of him, and thinks he's a certainty for the RBL/BVB job so isn't convinced we could get him. Reading up on his playstyle sounds quite similar to Ralph before we were shit, pressing traps & counter-press etc.

Few of our players would have a heart attack trying to move the ball that quickly.

• Haha 1

On 03/10/2022 at 21:29, Convict Colony said:

Matthias Jaissle - coached in denmark, now coach of red bull salzburg - 34yrs old 

could be interesting but they are of course still in champs league so probably would be hard to pull him away.

3rd October, these other sources are behind the curve.

Edited by Convict Colony

29 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

My Austrian friend thinks really highly of him, and thinks he's a certainty for the RBL/BVB job so isn't convinced we could get him. Reading up on his playstyle sounds quite similar to Ralph before we were shit, pressing traps & counter-press etc.

Few of our players would have a heart attack trying to move the ball that quickly.

Would be a good appointment. Even better if he brought Okafor with him! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

So we want to replace Ralph with Ralph 2.0?

I can already see the Scooby Doo meme unmasking Jaissle to reveal Ralph underneath after we continue being rubbish. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

We’re a mediocre club. We aren’t a Man City or Arsenal, we’re not even a Leicester right now.

It’ll be someone from abroad/another league.

Ange from Celtic I guessed a couple of weeks ago but don’t see it being him. I see it being a Scandinavian. Maybe that chap from Mainz? 

But nothing will happen until the World Cup period.

If only!

30 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Nuno going back to Wolves so that rules him out. Not that he would have come now his son Nathan has left.

Both amusing and interesting. Wolves should go for Nuno, but will they?

As for Saints, who knows? I would like Poch back, but accept it's the way forward to go for a young coach making his way, rather than go back to the future.

• Confused 1

On 13/10/2022 at 20:42, SotonianWill said:

So we want to replace Ralph with Ralph 2.0?

I can already see the Scooby Doo meme unmasking Jaissle to reveal Ralph underneath after we continue being rubbish. 

The high press style of football is rubbish, good when it works but that's only about 5% of the time if you don't have extremely talented players, would rather not have a Ralph mk 2 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bailey said:

No surprise but we are definitely speaking to potential replacements - I’m told we’ve interviewed a current Championship manager…

Jon Dahl Tommasen, because he's Danish?

Vincent Kompany, because we're obsessed with Man City?

Nigel Pearson, because we were too scared not to?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

No surprise but we are definitely speaking to potential replacements - I’m told we’ve interviewed a current Championship manager…

Earlier in the summer someone ( think it was Pilchards) posted a reference to Nathan Jones from Luton. Although that was at the time we were recruiting backroom coaches.

Probably nothing in it, but thought it worth mentioning after your post.

1 hour ago, DT said:

Had a funny feeling we might look at Russell Martin for a while. Nice guy. Hope it is Kompany though. Would be good i think

Turkish would love Russell Martin. Vegan, Buddhist, member of the Green Party.

Ticks a lot of boxes 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Badger said:

Earlier in the summer someone ( think it was Pilchards) posted a reference to Nathan Jones from Luton. Although that was at the time we were recruiting backroom coaches.

Probably nothing in it, but thought it worth mentioning after your post.

You would be right to mention it! 👀

• Confused 1