Liverpool 3-1 Saints - Match Thread

Dman

3 minutes ago, JRM said:

Defence so easy to cut through,  completely unorganised,  can't get away with that at this level 

Nunez movement is an issue, he is getting between defenders and behind our CBs who are scrambling to get goal side. It's a fuckign nightmare. Midfield just do not put any pressure on the ball...

...as the third goal showed. JWP no where near his man, Ely doesn't track his man, goal. Five at the back sucks.

It’s a shame that ABK and Salisu will not get the 6 weeks with NJ. I hope he will be given the money to buy a class striker that but there’s a lot potential (and a LOT of work to be done) with our defense but with Tino and KWP coming back should help. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

FFS. Shit defending again but the difference between our strikers and theirs is a World apart. We don’t stand a chance.

As proven my Che's miss just then (which wouldn't have counted anyway). Unforgiveable to not at least get it on target from there.

• Like 2

Just now, OttawaSaint said:

Is this necessary in every thread?

Yes, the people who said 9/10 got it wrong. Get over it.

Personally, other than the keeper and letting Romeu leave, not sure most are far off.

I think it is more the damage of sticking with Ralph beyond the summer...

1 minute ago, Sheaf Saint said:

At least the two teams directly above us are losing.

The two teams above us being West Ham and Everton - they’re both (with the possible exception of Everton) are going to get more points than we are this season I’d reckon.

The teams we need to be catching are Leeds, Fulham, Bournemouth, Brentford, Aston Villa and there is clear daylight between us and all them now, purely because most of them have taken 3 points from the bigger teams lately or they could still have been close.

Just need Nottm Forest and Wolves to win their matches and it’d be the worst day for us imaginable.

3 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

sod a new striker, if we have a keeper who lets 1 in a game, and a defence so disorganised like this, we are as good as down.

9/10 window, yes?

1 minute ago, tdmickey3 said:

Do you ever give it a rest, have a day off, we know where we are

Please think twice about criticising 'Alex' for repeating the same thing over and over again. He'll get a wee bit upset.

• Haha 1

Just now, davefizzy14 said:

Really dissapointing to be 3-1 down after getting back level. Lots of work to be done in the second half. 

I fear Liverpool may find top gear soon (not that they've needed to), we need to keep it respectable or morale may not recover 

Just now, GDog07 said:

The two teams above us being West Ham and Everton - they’re both (with the possible exception of Everton) are going to get more points than we are this season I’d reckon.

The teams we need to be catching are Leeds, Fulham, Bournemouth, Brentford, Aston Villa and there is clear daylight between us and all them now, purely because most of them have taken 3 points from the bigger teams lately or they could still have been close.

Just need Nottm Forest and Wolves to win their matches and it’d be the worst day for us imaginable.

Fulham and Brentford are miles above us - 2 quality managers getting the very best from their players. Villa have too much quality and with emery will only improve. Also believe hammers will have too much to stay up. Think it’ll be between us, wolves, forest, bompey, Everton and Leeds. Jones has one hell of a job to keep this lot up

2 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

HT - score not entirely a surprise. Jones has a lot of sorting out to do.

Someone needs to explain to Adam Armstrong what a first touch is meant to look like, the amount of games he mis-kicks it straight to a defender.

Being exposed down Moi/ABK side, they also seem to have more people in midfield that us always.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Personally, other than the keeper and letting Romeu leave, not sure most are far off.

I think it is more the damage of sticking with Ralph beyond the summer...

So why do you keep posting it then? 

Personally I don't even remember who said 9/10. Do you keep a list? 

• Like 1

Just now, Convict Colony said:

Someone needs to explain to Adam Armstrong what a first touch is meant to look like, the amount of games he mis-kicks it straight to a defender.

Being exposed down Moi/ABK side, they also seem to have more people in midfield that us always.

That touch where he sent the ball 20 yards in front of him was pathetic.

Get rid in Jan and get Tella back.

• Like 3

Really glad we went for it, pushed right up and gave it a go. Shame that lasted 12 minutes and we reverted to sit back and chase. Liverpool obviously had a role in that as they got hold of the game in midfield - they always do against us (and most teams to be fair). 

No idea how to solve our problems. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chez said:

Really glad we went for it, pushed right up and gave it a go. Shame that lasted 12 minutes and we reverted to sit back and chase. Liverpool obviously had a role in that as they got hold of the game in midfield - they always do against us (and most teams to be fair). 

No idea how to solve our problems. 

Finally some truthfulness on this forum hahhahhaa

• Lighthouse changed the title to Liverpool 3-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic