Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

25 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

A further nod to something having happened behind the scenes I would say... 

that’s a brilliant book, Goggins story is inspirational. Maybe there is nothing to see here and he’s just reading Goggins story?

• Like 2

Big mistake it they think giving him the Wolves game to see if his "method" works. If we win, then what? Let him crow, take pot shots at fans, players and the media? Then lose the next 7?

Nah fuck that. Sunk cost fallacy, he's made his position untenable and is an embarrassment. Bin him...NOW!

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

On the go to manager front. Bielsa prefers 1 year contracts - ideal if Rasmus doesn't want to commit. And he was interested in Everton and turned them down - so he is available. Issue might be that he isn't a yes man. He dies develop young players and play a high press though. 

I'd have loved to have had Bielsa manage our club at any point. But it's a very emotion based wish just to have had him here.

In practice, he wouldn't have lasted the summer. He lasted only a couple of days at Lazio. When they didn't bring him the agreed players, he was off like a shot. If he followed that approach with us, the lack of a striker would have been it. And I'm not objecting to that. If promises haven;t been kept, why put your reputation on the line/ waste your time.

He may well have agreed whole heartedly with SR's desire to reduce that wage bill and focus on those youth players. But on at least one occassion a team he was with jettisoned too much experience. The youth floundered, and he was towards the bottom of the table when he went home, and was suspended by the club.

Then there's the usual opinion on his teams. That they start brightly, but it catches up to them in the end. While you'd hope that would be managed better with experience/ sports science, I'd don't think it would have suited Lavia much. With Romeu likely to have been just as gone under Bielsa, we'd be in the same bother. It's one reason he likes a good run up to taking a team over. To have worked a lot of it out at a lower level, and then reap the success.

As you say, the 1 year contracts might also get in the way of the succession planning of SR. They'd always be on the verge of sounding out other managers to take over.

Had it happened in the summer, we might be sitting here discussing the erratic post match interviews of a manager, so we can be thankful that....oh... 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yorkshire Saint said:

Saint Garrett has always been v reliable in my opinion. No one gets everything right but you have got to accept this and take or leave what is shared accordingly. (Some v reliable ITK, like view from the top and King Billy or what ever his name was have been hounded out for not being perfect which is disappointing and unfair .. steer clear of vman though 😅)

A lot of what I’m told can be seen as a bit hearsay but I trust my source 100%. Stuff changes but I don’t see any way he can continue. 

• Like 24

He has to go before the Wolves game. His position was untenable even before the story of a training ground bust up this morning. He's completely lost the plot to the point of being delusional. Banished players that should be starting to the B team. Isn't the old saying that once you've lost the dressing room it's curtains? Did he ever have it?

Let's not forgot this is all Sport Republics fault for putting this idiot in charge in the first place. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

that’s a brilliant book, Goggins story is inspirational. Maybe there is nothing to see here and he’s just reading Goggins story?

The Goggins/ Benali inspirational marathon dream ticket is but a Rasmus press conference away!

Nige and Woodward can consult as we release that untapped potential on the rest of the season. 🙂

1 hour ago, Saint Garrett said:

Training ground scrap this morning, was a board meeting today, Selles took a light training session this afternoon and another meeting scheduled for tomorrow. 

I can’t believe he’s lasted today tbh. 

How I'd like to be a fly on the wall in these meetings.

"We fucked up, let's get that sure manager that is great in relegation battles".

"Who Sean Dyche"?

"Yeah".

"He went to Everton last week".

"Dammit, who else is available that would come here now"?

"There's this bloke called Sam Allardyce, failing him Alan Pardew? He has history with the club"?

It's going to be an amusing week either way. No high calibre manager is coming to us in our state, league position, and post transfer window now. 😂

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

"We fucked up, let's get that sure manager that is great in relegation battles".

"Who Sean Dyche"?

"Yeah".

"There's this bloke called Sam Allardyce, failing him Alan Pardew? He has history with the club"?

It's going to be an amusing week either way. No high calibre manager is coming to us in our state, league position, and post transfer window now. 😂

I'd take pardew over Jones. Every day of the week. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

"Who Sean Dyche"?

"Yeah".

How we shortlisted down to Jones will forever confuse me. Sport Republic have put their money where their mouth is, they've spent more than we've ever spent, we've attracted some decent players (international wise) for our position, we've attracted highly thought of coaches and recruitment people from top, top clubs.

But rather than show that same level of ambition with a manager, they went the complete opposite way. It's so odd. If they wanted to get rid of Ralph then they needed to show the same level of ambition as they have in other area's of the club.

• Like 3

Sport Republic have fucked up, massively, and it will likely cost us our Premier League status.

All that said, IF, and it's a big if, they come out and go "We massively fucked this up" they'd probably gain a bit of respect, not much, but a little as they'll have admitted their mistake.

I still have this feeling he'll be here in a months time.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

"Who Sean Dyche"?

"Yeah".

This will make a great start to the Hitler script we were talking about yesterday. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

How we shortlisted down to Jones will forever confuse me. Sport Republic have put their money where their mouth is, they've spent more than we've ever spent, we've attracted some decent players (international wise) for our position, we've attracted highly thought of coaches and recruitment people from top, top clubs.

But rather than show that same level of ambition with a manager, they went the complete opposite way. It's so odd. If they wanted to get rid of Ralph then they needed to show the same level of ambition as they have in other area's of the club.

Sums up my feeling exactly. Spend all that money then skimp on the manager. It’s crazy.

I don’t take any pleasure in seeing someone so clearly in need of some professional help.

TBF both Stoke City should have, and us have a genuine duty of care here, Luton I don’t know.

I am no expert but someone has to recognise that he needs removing from this situation for his own good.

I mean this in a positive way and nothing to do with football. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dark Munster said:

18 months tracking a fraud who is the worst PL manager in history.

18 f*cking months!

You couldn't make it up.

gravy laughing GIF

Rasmussen and Semmens.

Its fairly common knowledge that we keep track of alot of managers for an extended period, as we do with players (with the use of the black box or whatever its current iteration is). Jones did a pretty good job for Luton the past 18/20 months (hes never told us) so it would be no surprise to see that we tracked him for that length of period. But we would have tracked lots of others.

The big issue is how he ended up number 1 on our list. I struggle to see how Jones' lack of top flight experience and lack of genuine success (cups/promotions) gets him anywhere near the top - unless some further metrics are added to the database (looking at you Ankersen).

Lets hope the black box, or whatever it is now, is being interogated for the next few days for Jones' successor - and Ankersen isnt looking at the results inverted

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, trousers said:

A live audio twitter chat going on now with Blackmore and co... 

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1YqKDojEwrvxV

A decent listen earlier, I think it's still going on but I've stopped now. Some that were speaking were good, some that spoke sounded like chavy teens. Otherwise all good.

Edited by FarehamSaintJames
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Greenridge said:

Next interview between Blackmore and Jones should be a cracker. Assuming 1. Jones is still Manager, and 2. Blackmore is allowed in the ground! 

Maybe Blackmore is going for it because he’s been tipped off something is happening tomorrow? 
We can but hope !

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

A decent listen earlier, I think it's still going on but I've stopped now. Some that were speaking were good, some that spoke sounded like chavy teens. Otherwise all good.

V good. Blackmore spoke very well. 

• Like 1

Adam could be risking his employment.

I was very surprised to see him agreed to do that.

8 minutes ago, Greenridge said:

Next interview between Blackmore and Jones should be a cracker. Assuming 1. Jones is still Manager, and 2. Blackmore is allowed in the ground! 

I’ve always like Blackmore, I feel like he got bad press for not being as hard on RH in the past.

But everything he has said is how the fans are feeling.

I still think SR are too stubborn to admit their mistake.

Offering Jones leave for health issues may be a way out saving face for all concerned  

56 minutes ago, Saint IQ said:

Give it to Pochy till end of season. I'm sure he doesn't want to see us go down...

Won't happen of course - but wouldn't it be great.   I'm sure he has a great affection for the Club and he probably believes he owes us a favour after the Spurs defection.    Honestly, at this stage I'd take Nigel Pearson back in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

If SR don’t sack him now, they really are thick business people.

Relegation is a certainty IMO with Jones in charge and you can’t dictate the best transfer fee when you have players that don’t want to play for you in the championship and refuse to.

Apart from Bree, not one of the signings in Jan will want to play in the championship. 

He’s made us a laughing stock and I’m hopeful he’s gone tomorrow. His position is untenable and I’ve never seen the fan base so United in wanting a manager gone. You don’t come back from that. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

Thanks for the info - just beyond incredible.

Although … not all the players were still training this afternoon; one was at golf by 1 o’clock 😉

Not doubting your facts for one second, just interesting to see that not all the coaching team and not all the players are there at the same time

As I say, beyond incredible.

Can't make him miss his golf.....priorities and all that.

When the inevitable happens.....

Someone will of course need to be on "airport watch duty" for incoming flights to Southampton, to be on the look out for the likes of...Poch, Bielsa, Lage etc etc etc

And someone will need to be on "Bus Stop watch duties" to make sure Jones is leaving.  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Could someone summarise what was said please?

He was on for a while and I think it's recorded. Was very critical of Jones repeating what he said the other day but in more explicit terms. Keeps trying to justify being in charge, isn't a leader or someone you would want to go to battle for, really slated him for slagging of Lavia and said every single professional in football knows how good he is. Basically said Dave Merrington felt the same. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

Wow! You've changed your tune. When he joined you were slagging me off for trying to tell people that we were getting a complete weapon with Jones.  

You tried to tell people? Really? How often? First I've heard of it...

• Haha 2

Tbh I still feel for him a bit, fans have been on his back instantly from about the second game in charge.. in return he’s getting all defensive trying to shift blame whilst trying to point out his strengths.. the more he talks the more everyone rips his post match interviews apart ..couple that with we had massive issues with the squad both in attack and defense which in a way is a result of four years of Ralph ball where creativity isn’t as important as off the ball .. you can understand why it’s not easy just to come in and turn it around - dyche at least has solid defenders like tarkowski etc so it’s something to work with….

still hoping he can turn things myself although looks like I’m in the severe minority 

• Like 7
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!