Palace 1-2 Saints - The Treble is Alive!

JRM

The strike timetable has been confirmed for the weekend now, still requesting people not to travel but does seem an option from Southampton Central , no engineering work planned now so straight up to Clapham and change. 

SWR running no trains at all from Portsmouth to London on that route. 

Screenshot_20230103-204745_Gallery.jpg

7 minutes ago, saintant said:

This game has zero importance in the grand scheme of things. We'll lose but it matters not a jot.

we’ll win again, don’t know where, don’t know when, but I know we’re gonna win again, some sunny day…

Edited by SotonianWill
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, LGTL said:

Who gives a fuck?

It does feel fairly pointless, playing what will probably be our reserves v Palace reserves in a half empty Selhurst Park on a lunchtime ko,  we've sold over 3500 tickets though all things considered that's an excellent following. 

As bad as this will be Man City next Wednesday will be even worse. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, whelk said:

Fucking so glad of train strike otherwise would have definitely got ticket

There are trains running from Central to Clapham and Clapham to Thornton Heath so no excuses get down the ticket office today , book soon to avoid disappointment 

59 minutes ago, JRM said:

There are trains running from Central to Clapham and Clapham to Thornton Heath so no excuses get down the ticket office today , book soon to avoid disappointment 

I have now planned to be be washing my hair on that day otherwise nothing would stop me.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

I bet we smash them and only narrowly lose or beat Man City leading to Jones keeping his job and us losing the next league game comfortably.

Hard to tell what sort of line up Jones will pick for this, go strong to try to turn form around or whole changes give other players a go? 

Play the youngsters. Finnigan, Morgan, Payne, Dibling, Ballard, Pearce etc... gives them experience that we'll probably need for next year and... heck... can't be much worse than the senior team. Shame Edwards is long term injured too.

Ok maybe not against Palace but I'd certainly be giving them some game time soon...

As for Palace they're beatable.... but we'd need to score a goal/s for that to happen...

9 hours ago, JRM said:

In some ways would a draw be worse than a defeat? Imagine having to host a replay at an empty St Mary's 

Joking aside the last thing we need is a backlog of fixtures.

Although our interest in the League Cup will cease next week as well. 

10 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

I’m hoping for a heavy loss to speed up the sacking of the clueless welsh midget. Come on you Eagles.

It's going to be mentally exhausting if we go on like that every week, wanting to lose so it gets rid of him etc. I think we need to accept that he's not going anywhere today, tomorrow, next week or next month.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

It's going to be mentally exhausting if we go on like that every week, wanting to lose so it gets rid of him etc. I think we need to accept that he's not going anywhere today, tomorrow, next week or next month.

Not if enough fans stand up and make themselves heard whilst the “brains” behind our club allow it to go to shit. We’re the ones suffering here not them.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Palace 1-2 Saints - The Treble is Alive!
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic