Fans Forum

Appy

5 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

The last 10 mins of the Wicker Man had Ingrid Pitt and Britt Ekland in it! 🙂

She's a bit before my time, but the only clip I can remember with Britt Ekland in is when she went on Fantasy Football League with Baddiel and Skinner and was absolutely shitfaced :lol:

Can I suggest a question or two that can be asked to the panel which couldpotentaiily be implicitly linked to the question of whether Jones should be manager or which members of the panel still think he is fit to do the job? How about:

"Do the panel believe that the opinions of fans should be taken into account in making key decisions?"

and/or

"Which of the panel believe they are in agreement with the broad feelings of the fanbase at present and are you prepared to do anything to represent that viewpoint?"

• Like 2

Just now, SaintJackoInHurworth said:

Can I suggest a question or two that can be asked to the panel which couldpotentaiily be implicitly linked to the question of whether Jones should be manager or which members of the panel still think he is fit to do the job? How about:

"Do the panel believe that the opinions of fans should be taken into account in making key decisions?"

and/or

"Which of the panel believe they are in agreement with the broad feelings of the fanbase at present and are you prepared to do anything to represent that viewpoint?"

I think this is where as fans we need to accept that we are a business, the people who own and run us have no reason to listen to anything we say. They will be protecting their investment and their money with their best judgements, not basing their judgements on fans.

The sort of approach you're looking for is when you have those 'fans on the board' and fan shareholder group type things, but when you're owned by a group or an investor like this we ultimately have little input in influencing anything.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I think this is where as fans we need to accept that we are a business, the people who own and run us have no reason to listen to anything we say. They will be protecting their investment and their money with their best judgements, not basing their judgements on fans.

The sort of approach you're looking for is when you have those 'fans on the board' and fan shareholder group type things, but when you're owned by a group or an investor like this we ultimately have little input in influencing anything.

Let’s not forget what happens when fans get involved in stuff 

F45B7947-0018-4434-9D44-7A0DE3A731C0.jpeg

• Haha 8

What were the team doing during the World Cup break? We had two players at the World Cup, probably the lowest in the league and the team have returned looking like they don’t know each other. It's funny how Jones brought this up in his press conference earlier. Was an advantageous situation that he pissed away.

Why aren’t Elyounoussi and Diallo in the B team instead of the others? Neither can pass the ball, neither can move us up the pitch and both are supposed to be known for their defensive work, but we’re still conceding goals for fun. Elyounoussi wasn’t good enough when Hasenhuttl first joined and was instantly shipped off. He then got in the team because we had nothing else and couldn't afford anything else. Now, my money's on him signing one of those unannounced secret contracts after rumours a few months back.

Who gave new contracts to McCarthy, Stephens and Djenepo and decided to sign Walcott permanently and why?

Are Nathan Jones’ family actually Pompey fans?

What on earth did Jones say in his interview for the job, other than “with the greatest respect”? “Systems don’t win games” isn’t particularly modern, nor something a Premier League manager would say. He definitely isn't a good public speaker, either.

Why did we sell Romeu and who recruited Bazunu, Lis, Aribo, Larios and Maitland-Niles? Giving the benefit of the doubt to Mara and Edozie who haven’t done much, but have shown glimpses of potential, while DCC and Orsic are in our B  team. That’s 9 of our 15 signings, 8 out of 10 of our summer signings. Lavia and ABK are the only two signings who have come in and played consistently well and both are made out of glass. Was Joe Shields a Jonesesque appointment?

When's JWP getting his testimonial? (100% being asked)

• Like 4

I think the forum needs to start with Ankersen being invited to present a power-point session going through the journey that led him to appoint Nathan Jones. He could perhaps include details of all the attributes he saw in Jones, describe why he was considered the best man for the job and also give an insight into the skills and relevant experience of the assistant coaches he allowed Jones to bring with him. Ankersen might look to describe what due diligence was carried out including whether his run of results and press appearances whilst managing Stoke raised any causes for concern.

It would be good to hear him speak on this as I think most of us were and still are completely baffled by this appointment. He's a clever man so I'm sure he can put together a compelling argument to support this important decision which I understand he was heavily involved in. 

• Like 2

On 03/02/2023 at 22:01, stevegrant said:

It would also be interesting to know who is doing the vetting - is it Adam Blackmore at the BBC or is it someone at the club? Or perhaps a bit of both. From Radio Solent's perspective, they've got to ensure that it's vaguely interesting for people to listen to (and to clip up and broadcast afterwards too), so they'll want some interesting questions that pose a range of queries to each of the panel. The club would probably prefer all the questions are as "underarm" as possible right now...

Absolutely no point holding a forum if it’s going to be vetted questions.

Can’t wait to hear what Rasmus’ favourite flavour of crisp is. Or Martin’s preferred holiday destination.

Sidenote: Big fan of the Total Saints Podcast! Can’t wait for this weeks instalment! 👍🏻

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

If it stays toxic this weekend going into the forum, it’ll erupt after next weeks game to Wolves which we 100% will not win.

There need to be some tough questions asked and no politicians answers back.

Fans at these forums need to get ratty now and get their points across!

Yep. I think it will be cancelled but just in case it isn't, the fans going have a responsibility to ask the proper questions and put accross the stee gth of feeling. Jones isn't facing up to the fans, he's a lower league manager out of his depth and he needs saving from himself and put out of his misery. 

• Like 1

Sadly, Mr Jones will not be there.

Fan: What's your favourite flavour of crisps.

Jones: None of the Walkers flavours, after Lineker called my comments strange, and Wright put the boot in. I prefer traditional Luton food anyway. Like the Bedfordshire Clanger. I've brought plenty of clangers here, to remind me of my time there.

Fan: You certainly have.

Edited by Holmes_and_Watson

Semmens: I'll tell you what, we need a fans (fan's/fans') forum...

Ankerson: You must be fucking joking!

Semmens: Hear me out...season ticket holders only, just a handful and only those that filled out those fan surveys with glowing colours *cough* the thickos. ST holders must be from south of the halfway line and over the age of 72 or under 9. Start with Doris, Betty and Hilda.

Ankerson: It could work...

Semmens: Just make sure whotsisname...you know...the manager is kept well away.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Blackmore not invited... 

My hunch is that this is a behind the scenes forum, heavily vetted, not live and not for broadcast. There will be some transcripts and maybe a heavily edited youtube video the day after where they answer questions about the pies, stats, Brentford and away fan segregation.

Hope to be proven wrong, it's good that they're communicating at least but I hope it's not heavily vetted.

Just now, S-Clarke said:

My hunch is that this is a behind the scenes forum, heavily vetted, not live and not for broadcast. There will be some transcripts and maybe a heavily edited youtube video the day after where they answer questions about the pies, stats, Brentford and away fan segregation.

Hope to be proven wrong, it's good that they're communicating at least but I hope it's not heavily vetted.

Maybe it will just be an interview that select fans will be invited to attend. If Jones is still in place I would be surprised if it goes ahead given the anger that will be present. 

Just now, hypochondriac said:

Maybe it will just be an interview that select fans will be invited to attend. If Jones is still in place I would be surprised if it goes ahead given the anger that will be present. 

Like beer and sandwiches at Downing Street.

The purpose of this forum is for them to put their political views forward to justify their past action and what their strategy is and why they will continue to do what they are doing. It’s not to answer the fans questions. All answers will have their spin. If you take a look at prime ministers questions, its their version of this. 

1 minute ago, saint michael said:

If you listen to the recent broadcast to Adam Blackmore it will be restating the same points. Jones not a popular choice but was the manager of the year in 6th biggest league in the world. Will take time to stamp his style on team. Good young side will develop blah blah blah

Yep, almost guaranteed they'll trot out the same pre-prepared spin and platitudes 

12 hours ago, OttawaSaint said:

They'll vet the attendees.

Fan: Mr Jones, what's your favorite cheese?

Rarebit: Bree!

Can they not say they will ask one particular approved question but then go rouge and ask why the hell Jones is still here? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, saint michael said:

If you listen to the recent broadcast to Adam Blackmore it will be restating the same points. Jones not a popular choice but was the manager of the year in 6th biggest league in the world. Will take time to stamp his style on team. Good young side will develop blah blah blah

TBF this was in the middle of our three match winning streak when things looked marginally better.

4 hours ago, ant said:

Has anybody from here received an invite?

Surely they're not waiting until tomorrow or Tuesday to confirm who's going?

Must be a thorough vetting process. 😏

Probably ask for your SaintsWeb Id before letting you in.... Currently 11 people have to get the obligatory "don't sack Jones box" to attend.... 

Fascinating timing, this event.

If you were writing the script, dropping in a full Mad Nate Meltdown™️ the weekend before the Club's next pre-scheduled propaganda camapign, would be a stroke of genius.

Maybe Mad Nate was right, this is all "god's will" after all, and the eternal artist is especially partial to a bit of the old schadenfreud. Black thunderclouds rumble overhead, as a piercing light illuminates the surrounding darkness. Nathan Jones looks up, his hands raised to the sky in prayer. Then a booming voice bellows down from above.

Jesus loves you Nathan. But I think you're a cunt.

Such a shame that as far as we know, there'll be no live feed of this. Under the current circumstances, it could well be compelling viewing.

The presence of this Fans Forum could well even prove to force Sport Republic's hand when it comes to flicking the killswitch on Jones tenure.

After what has gone down this weekend, and the very public nature of its unfolding, there is a palpable media glare focussed directly on our Club, awating to see what emerges from the wreckage of this car-crash.

Sport Republic are now faced with a very simple but defining public relations choice.

The difference between going into this Forum to deal with the backlash and fallout from Mad Nate's spectacular nuclear implosion, or, pushing the red button on his time with us first thing Monday morning, and the Forum be used to show the quality leadership of owning their mistake, uniting the fanbase, and hopefully going someway to salvaging something positive from what remains of the season.

Edited by Rivers
Splelling.
  • Like 3