Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

7 hours ago, Saint86 said:

In fairness, what we need to sign will be linked to what we let go. We can ship out an awful lot of high wage squad fillers and not need to replace them with anything other than a smattering of academy players... our squad last season was bloated and full of shite.

Was thinking that looking at today's training pics, we've got so many players lots of scope to clear out without replacing, Adams, Armstrong, Tall Paul, Mara, Tella, plus Ballard pushing to be in first team squad 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Turkish said:

this times 100. Not just a centre back but as a player and personality we've been missing this sort of player for 6 years now. A proper leader. Coady isn't the greatest, he's good not great, much like Fonte but i would guartee every single player we've had since Van Dijk got injured and Fonte left would have been better for playing alongside him rather than throwing in kids or foreign players with the eye on future resell value than doing a job now. It's absolutely baffling as to how this has been allowed to carry on when it's so bleeding obvious to everyone else.

Coady would be good but I actually think Jack Stephens can do that job for us, especially in the championship 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, woodsaint1 said:

Thank fook we've avoided Harry Wanks. We've been forever linked with him. May find his level in the Championship but the perfect example of a player who has made a career of passing sidewards/backwards and running alot

My spurs supporting brother in law reckons he's decent. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Well my brother in law did actually play for spurs (well the youth team anyway) and is an ex professional so I'm inclined to give his opinion a fair bit of credence. 

Is he Tommy Forecast? 

• Haha 7

12 hours ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

All those holes still exist. Naively, I was expecting at least some rumours by now on how we are planning to fill them!

We are a Championship Club the press is only interested in the PL so rumours are going to be limited

Watching the usual guff from first day pre season, I did feel strangely enthused. I weirdly don't mind any player going but for the right price, that includes Tino, Lavia, and JWP. I would like to see us give it a good go tho, keeping Tella, Stephens, Charley and Sulemana would be a cracking start. Martin will replace midfield with Grimes I guess, maybe Downes if rumours are true, they then have pace all around so we aren't static. Footballers come and go, but PL is a pool where some of those on move are going to be bit part players. Why not say, let's give it one season, play every week, get us back up. These guys are 18-22, their time will come properly down the line. Martin spoke well too, and seemed positive about a 'project' after speaking to SR so they do have a plan at least and money. Time will tell I guess, but I am looking forward not back at mo. As long as we don't start off passing it sideways slowly and then back to McCarthy (?? lol) first game, I will be happy.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I’m hoping we don’t pass back to McCarthy because I’m hoping he won’t be at the club come the start of the season.

Crap goalkeeper.

We replaced him a few times, like we did with Stephens and Bednarek, but sadly they're all still here! Admitedly, Stephens and Janny B could be good in the Championship, but I'd rather McCarthy gone, and Janny's ego (and OG)...!

10 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Well my brother in law did actually play for spurs (well the youth team anyway) and is an ex professional so I'm inclined to give his opinion a fair bit of credence. 

Ah ok, I see. Your brother in law is much better than my brother in law and must know a lot more about football. Got it.

12 minutes ago, ally_uk said:

Hope we can keep hold of Tella 

If the Livramento price (£50m) is anything to go by, we ain't allowing Tella to leave for buttons, which explains why he ain't at Burnley already. I suspect they will need to break their transfer record to get him. They may do so, but being back in the Prem provides them with a lot more options as decent players from abroad are more willing to move to the top flight than to the Championship.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

I'd give a plumber's opinion on my pipework more credence than my mate. 

If you need any pipework advice, my brother in law (who is definitely not made up) is the Chief Technical Advisor to the Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Le Timmier said:

If you need any pipework advice, my brother in law (who is definitely not made up) is the Chief Technical Advisor to the Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering.

Why would I lie about my brother in law being at spurs and then make it less impressive by saying he only played in the youth team and ended up in the lower leagues? Seems like a bit of a pointless lie 

I think we need a brother in law show down to clear the air. I’ll start. 

My brother in law doesn’t like me much, so please don’t go to him for opinions on me. 

He’s also a country bumpkin and knows the square root of nothing. 

I therefore rate my brother in law as a 2 out of 10 (he does after all love and look after my sister and my niece) 

Edited by Raging Bull
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Raging Bull said:

My brother in law doesn’t like me much, so please don’t go to him for opinions on me. 

I therefore rate my brother in law as a 2 out of 10 (he does after all love and look after my sister and my niece) 

Maybe I can put up a photo of his legs and you can all judge how much they look like a footballers. 

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

Maybe I can put up a photo of his legs and you can all judge how much they look like a footballers. 

There's only one sure fire way of telling if someone was a pro footballer - has he ever roasted a girl with his team mates? 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

There's only one sure fire way of telling if someone was a pro footballer - has he ever roasted a girl with his team mates? 

12 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I'm not falling for that. They could be anyone's legs.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present you with Hypo’s brother in law, although in all honesty, it could well be Dominic Calvert-Lewin 

Take It Off Legs GIF by Alias Josie

I therefore rate @hypochondriac’s brother in law a 6 out of 10

Edited by Raging Bull
Forgot to rate him
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Raging Bull said:

My brother in law is a massive Forest fan, who lives down here and goes to lots of Saints games with me. When Saints were in league 1, he always went for  `3-1 with Ricky Lambert scoring' and won a bloody fortune as we invariable won 3-1 with Sir Ricky scoring. I sat next to him at the Forest game at SMS this season. It was painful.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

unless of course they are too busy putting out rap tunes.

2 hours ago, Le Timmier said:

But is that the right type of experience to help fix pipes. There’s different types of experience you know!

8 minutes ago, niceandfriendly said:

Don’t know who their keeper is, but I hope we bring him in to replace Baz. If not, my late grandmother is available. 

Apparently they finished so far down in the League due to their keeper being utter shite. 

I'm going to go out on limb and say we won't be signing 3 defenders from one of the worst defences in the championship last year.

If that happens, then i can only assume Sports Republic's entire scouting network lives/eats/sleeps in south wales.

35 minutes ago, Chez said:

Over half a team worth of links to Swansea players  

Baz
Tino Wood Capango Manning
Flynn Grimes
Alcaraz
Tella Piroe Sulemana

Signing players from a midtable club managed by a manager who finished midtable, coached by coaches who finished midtable..........

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Dusic said:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/truth-behind-leicester-city-interest-27224670

This says Leicester bid expected for Piroe in coming days.

Saints have been interested but the poor relationship with Swansea is a significant complication.

And we thought we'd get away with all that ££ for Obafemi.

"There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again."

Wise words dubya, wise words.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Signing players from a midtable club managed by a manager who finished midtable, coached by coaches who finished midtable..........

Part of the multi club model, only on this occasion SR are acquiring Swansea by stealth,  one piece at a time,  and hoping they wont notice.