West Ham 1-0 Saints - Match Thread

Convict Colony

A first half where it genuinely looks like we've got 8-9 players on the pitch all playing with the belief that we're already relegated and who are just waiting for the end of the season and their summer moves.

Have to come out second half and go for it. Must not lose. Theo, Ely, Mara off immediatley for Paul, Carlos, Sulemana.

3 minutes ago, Archers Road Stand said:

Stu Armstrong's time here is done. He looks so past it at this level. 

3 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

Armstrong’s the worst of the lot. Used to really like him as a player, but he’s horrendous now. 

2 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Agreed, he’s been utterly terrible here.

None of the front four deserve to see the second half.

2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Armstong had so long to fucking keep that in or get out of the way for KWP to take over and he just watched it go out of play. Useless.

It still baffles me how Armstrong has gone from being one of our most influential players to someone who is so obviously struggling to have an impact on games. 

Just now, Saint86 said:

A first half where it genuinely looks like we've got 8-9 players on the pitch all playing with the belief that we're already relegated and who are just waiting for the end of the season and their summer moves.

Have to come out second half and go for it. Must not lose. Theo, Ely, Mara off immediatley for Paul, Carlos, Sulemana.

Walcott's played well. Onuachu has been piss poor since he came in. I'd rather stick with Walcott.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We're utter shit. We've been utter shit all season. Anyone that thought we were in with a shout of survival had to believe we were going to show form we haven't shown in over 5 years. It's not happening.

Edited by Disco Stu
  • Like 5

Think we can all see why FDCC hasnt been picked too often. He’s an absolute liability. We have done nothing up front at all. No support from midfield but can’t blame them as when it is in the other 1/3rd we just gift them the ball back. It’s a gamble to leave yourself way out of position for the subsequent counter attack. 
Get Mara, Armstrong and Ely off. Bring in Tall Paul, Charlie and Sulimana. 

• Like 1

Just now, Boris Karloff said:

At least we can't be much worse in the second half. Mara out of his depth. Stu has been worse than Moi but everyone will go on about how poor Moi has been. At least he created one of our only threatening moments. Stu has done nothing. 

In fairness literally everyone is talking about how shit Stu has been.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Paul.has been blody awful so far but at least offers something different I guess 

I wouldn't start him over Adams, but he carries a threat in the air which sets him apart, mara carries no specific threats and has been in poor form.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Have we actually had a shot on goal? This is just awful. The Ref is shite too. Massive job to be done by Selles at half-time.

Perraud's shot would have beaten most 'keepers and nestled in the far corner. I'd stick him up front.

1 minute ago, trousers said:

It still baffles me how Armstrong has gone from being one of our most influential players to someone who is so obviously struggling to have an impact on games. 

For me, he’s never been the same player since he had Covid. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Have we actually had a shot on goal? This is just awful. The Ref is shite too. Massive job to be done by Selles at half-time.

Yes, the best shot of the game from perraud but the have a goalkeeper who believes in saving the ball

• Like 1

Predictably dreadful. West Ham aren't much better. 

Just nothing there. Weak defence. Anonymous midfield that is neither destroyer nor creator. And the shittiest attack this side of Shitsville. 

We're not staying up. Won't even be close in the final shake up. 

• Like 2

It would be nice, just for once, to start with our best attacking players. I know that even our best isn't a high standard. But give us a chance of scoring some bloody goals. Every single fan would have expected Sulemana and Alcarez to start. I'd have personally have played Paul, but can understand the Mara solution. Armstrong is done, at best he is now a player you bring on the final 20. Elyounoussi has 2 assists and 1 goal in his last 38 EPL matches and that doesn't look likely to change. You could argue 3/4 of our front players shouldn't have started in a must win match.

• Like 4

Selles is way too scared for a manager in this situation, and it's costing us again and again. Even if we (somehow) get something from this game after he brings on the players who should've started, it is the same fuck up from him that has put us in this situation yet again.

• Like 1

So obvious we'd play dogshit like this. 

We have players that can't consistently pick out a team mate from 15 yards. 

We're awful all over the park apart from Lavia and JWP free kicks.

We're way too weak skilled and weak minded for this division. We'll probably struggle next season too.

• Like 2

Decent levels of possession, if from fairly deep. KWP and Stu looking like something might happen. Their fans starting to get a little nervous. No cutting edge, but doing okay. All undone by a soft goal, from a position we've conceded before from, in equally soft positions. They have Ings and Bowen waiting to pounce, as we'll have to have a go. We've got...um...I guess we're hoping for a couple of pens.

1 minute ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Selles is so negative .. how the hell can sulemana and Alcaraz not start .. yet here we are with moi again ..

what kind of madness is this ?

tbh even if he manages to keep us up somehow I don’t want him . The team selections are consistently retarded 

Our decline really started to speed up as soon as Moi became a regular starter. Whatever mild improvements he gives the defensive shape is completely offset by his complete lack of attacking output. He must be so easy to play against for an EPL defender. If you are a fullback, you can afford to really push up cos you can catch up to moi and shove him off the ball

• Like 1

Seller doesn't seem to understand that a win vs a relegation rival is more vital than a top half team. 

We need to get points AND not gift our rivals an easy 3pts.

Criminal to not come out and try and score really to get the crowd's back up. 

They are now rather relaxed and WHU can now play freely and get goals 2 and 3.

We did alright until their goal. They were getting frustrated, then crap defending and here we go again. 

Alcarez should come on at half time and we’ve got nothing going forward at all absolutely toothless. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

Just now, OttawaSaint said:

Seller doesn't seem to understand that a win vs a relegation rival is more vital than a top half team. 

We need to get points AND not gift our rivals an easy 3pts.

Criminal to not come out and try and score really to get the crowd's back up. 

They are now rather relaxed and WHU can now play freely and get goals 2 and 3.

Our one hope is to get the next goal - not confident we will but, if we do, they'll get very nervous.

1 minute ago, Archers Road Stand said:

DCC definitely getting a second yellow card. 

Unfortunately DCC probably shouldn't play for us again. Shame as he's our best centre back. But us fucking him around when Jones was here I think has led to him not giving a shit. That first half was not the performance of a player who cares. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Just saw the replay of the goal, absolutely no way is Aguerds foot in line with where they put that green line. Bullshit decision.

And yet they got out an electron microscope to measure Ings offside vs these shitheads a couple of seasons ago.

Or as it Villa? Same wanker claret and blue, fuck off!

Edited by OttawaSaint

Just now, sydney_saint said:

Unfortunately DCC probably shouldn't play for us again. Shame as he's our best centre back. But us fucking him around when Jones was here I think has led to him not giving a shit. That first half was not the performance of a player who cares. 

He's very poor and wouldn't get in any other team in the Prem.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, BotleySaint said:

I think Selles is doing ok. It's the signings that have put us in this position. Total lack of quality and the new January signings warming the bench. Utter waste of money. 

You realise that Selles is the one who picks the team and leaves the new signings out ?

• Like 1

• Jimmy_D changed the title to West Ham 1-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic