Season Tickets 2023/24?

marc_saint

So a year ago tomorrow on the 7th April, the club announced the season ticket details for 22/23.

Obviously we currently don't know which division we'll be in next season yet (Probably the Championship)  so it'll be interesting to see how they go with next seasons ST details. 

I think they'll again freeze the ticket prices but spin it that this will now include an extra four home games due to the league containing more teams?

My fear is that they'll freeze it as well, but in my eyes we've been ripped off for years with these prices as it is. Life as a home supporter has been the equivalent of tossing money out of your window and getting nothing back.

Given that we'd make millions from play sales and parachute payments, I hope they can knock the prices down - it wouldn't seem fair to have them kept the same in my eyes.

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

If we paid on the basis of that happy feeling when you leave the ground after a win they'd be paying us..

That’s the peaks and troughs of life as a saints fan…and we’ve had worse times in our not so distant past. 

Can’t see a price drop happening, expecting a freeze. No badges etc in the ST pack this year probably !

Every game will go on general sale so the only real reason to get a season ticket is for:

a) away games 

b) the convenience of not having to manually buy tickets for every game for yourself and your mates 

Whilst there'll be more Saturday 3pms, there'll also be a rise in midweek games too I think so whether an ST does work out cheaper on a match-by-match basis depends on your schedule. 

12 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

If they had any sense whatsoever they would do something like start them at £300 for an adult and pack the ground out. Christ even I would probably buy one again. 

If I remember correctly, Norwich sold STs for something like £150 when they went down with us in 2005 and packed out their ground and had a real supporter feel-good factor. Our lot continued the PL pricing but just said we were getting more games for the same cost. We no doubt would have had one of the highest priced tickets in the Championship that year. Thanks Rupert.

To my mind it is most important to make kids tickets very cheap.
This may affect the 'atmosphere' but the younger generation are our future and there are so many alternative things to do nowadays.
It would be good to consider offering up the Chapel end as home to the vocal supporters but not sure how this could be achieved without causing problems with existing supporters in the area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bpsaint said:

If they had any sense whatsoever they would do something like start them at £300 for an adult and pack the ground out. Christ even I would probably buy one again. 

May see something like that in the Chapel/Itchen corner where the current cheapest tickets are. 

That's decent for the Championship. Works out at £13 a ticket.

I pay something like £570 in family stand which would be under £25 for 23 home games. They could do with it being something around £500 behind the goals to see a good take up, maybe even £459 so it can be advertised as under £20 a game.

However as everyone seems to suspect they'll probably just freeze them.

• 2 weeks later...

I read an article on Chamionship season ticket prices and the most expensive for this current season is Bristol City @£650 with a lot of clubs having their top tickets @£590 so if the club freeze mine at £734 even with the extra 4 games it will be the most expensive in the league and having suffered the mighty return of 2 wins and 4 draws you can hardly call it value for money - anything but a significant price drop and I could well give up season ticket for 1st time in 30 years

• Like 3

The club has beaten my desire to attend out of me this season. I was looking for an excuse not to renew at the start of this season, but still did. But having owned a season ticket since 1987, this is my last one. I've been bored to tears watching them for a few years. Very little to cheer about, it is a fairly depressing process. I have been to a couple of games this season where I have gone to the pub, and then gone home, rather than have my Saturday afternoon spoiled by watching over-paid, under-performing individuals turn out.

I should be deflated with that thought process, but I'm not. 

A bit like a long term relationship coming to an end, I want to say, "it's not you, it's me", when actually the opposite is true. (But not all the fault of SFC, the Premier League community is unpleasant, corruption and cheating is rewarded, literally, from FIFA, UEFA, through the EPL. Time for me to find something else/better to do with my time). 

Edited by ooh it's a corner
grammar
  • Like 7

Like many, Saints has been a consistent in my life, for the best part of nearly 5 decades. Partners, jobs, homes and family members come and go but there’s always been Saints. I’m not however mug enough to just keep throwing hard earned money and time into something that just continues to take, take, take. I’ll accept that its sport and by its very nature is unpredictable but the way the club treats its supporters is at the very best incredibly shoddy. Next season will be I believe a massive wake up call to the club and if they don’t see what’s coming then more fool them.

• Like 3

i always ask myself the question what would i do if i didnt go to the games. The usual answer is jobs that the wife gives me, take the kid to a birthday party at soft play or some sort of a shopping trip. Then its a question of how low do we have to fall before watching a game & a spot of lunch and a beer becomes painful. id say we couldn't possibly drop that far. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ChrisR said:

I read an article on Chamionship season ticket prices and the most expensive for this current season is Bristol City @£650 with a lot of clubs having their top tickets @£590 so if the club freeze mine at £734 even with the extra 4 games it will be the most expensive in the league and having suffered the mighty return of 2 wins and 4 draws you can hardly call it value for money - anything but a significant price drop and I could well give up season ticket for 1st time in 30 years

£734. Blimey. I'd want a seat in the dugout for that kind of money.

On 06/04/2023 at 14:46, SambaMaverick said:

Depends if they want a bouncing, full stadium for the first few games - or 22k. 

The prices were frozen last time around, using the `four games extra' for your money approach.

Attendances at home in the first season were (not sure if these are actual attendances or included ST, whether those people attended or not):

Wolves 24k
Norwich 23.4k
Crewe 20.8k
QPR 25.7k
Plymouth 26k
Reading 25k
Hull 23.8k
Stoke 24k
Leeds 30k
Luton 19k
Sheff Utd 27k
Brighton 24.6k
Ipswich 22k
Palace 24.6k
Derby 21.8k
Preston 19.5k
Sheff Wed 26k
Coventry 22k
Watford 19k
Cardiff 22k
MIllwall 22k
Leicester 26.8k

I think the cheapest ST was £399 for 2023/23 in the family centre, with kids £19 for the season. Seems a pretty decent price that for 23 games. Sitting in the family center is not my idea of fun though.

On 06/04/2023 at 08:49, marc_saint said:

So a year ago tomorrow on the 7th April, the club announced the season ticket details for 22/23.

Obviously we currently don't know which division we'll be in next season yet (Probably the Championship)  so it'll be interesting to see how they go with next seasons ST details. 

I think they'll again freeze the ticket prices but spin it that this will now include an extra four home games due to the league containing more teams?

Do you work for them?

Edited by Charlie Wayman

6 hours ago, Chez said:

The prices were frozen last time around, using the `four games extra' for your money approach.

Attendances at home in the first season were (not sure if these are actual attendances or included ST, whether those people attended or not):

Wolves 24k
Norwich 23.4k
Crewe 20.8k
QPR 25.7k
Plymouth 26k
Reading 25k
Hull 23.8k
Stoke 24k
Leeds 30k
Luton 19k
Sheff Utd 27k
Brighton 24.6k
Ipswich 22k
Palace 24.6k
Derby 21.8k
Preston 19.5k
Sheff Wed 26k
Coventry 22k
Watford 19k
Cardiff 22k
MIllwall 22k
Leicester 26.8k

I think the cheapest ST was £399 for 2023/23 in the family centre, with kids £19 for the season. Seems a pretty decent price that for 23 games. Sitting in the family center is not my idea of fun though.

Cheapest ticket this season is in the Itchen/Chapel corner for £399 but there's no kids discount over that side.

I'm an adult in the Family Stand which is Chapel/Kingsland corner and I pay £541.

I fully expect the club to announce a reduction for away fans tickets where as home tickets will remain the same or go up in price.

I also expect lots of offers throughout the season such as 'bring a mate for a quid', get combined tickets for Plymouth and Huddersfield at home for £10. Basically deals where season ticket holders get no benefits.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Paul Chuckle said:

I fully expect the club to announce a reduction for away fans tickets where as home tickets will remain the same or go up in price.

I also expect lots of offers throughout the season such as 'bring a mate for a quid', get combined tickets for Plymouth and Huddersfield at home for £10. Basically deals where season ticket holders get no benefits.

I know some current season ticket holders who will get no benefits because they won’t be renewing.

• Haha 3

On 06/04/2023 at 14:46, SambaMaverick said:

Depends if they want a bouncing, full stadium for the first few games - or 22k. 

I'm not getting a ST without a good faith gesture from the club. Had enough of paying through the nose for shite.

There is no system to track and reward long term season holders. Like many of us I had mine in Dell then continued at SMS . With SMS ticketing you would think the club could reward loyalty even if it was £5 for each season. Even the discount on coffee has gone this season.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, die Mannyschaft said:

There is no system to track and reward long term season holders. Like many of us I had mine in Dell then continued at SMS . With SMS ticketing you would think the club could reward loyalty even if it was £5 for each season. Even the discount on coffee has gone this season.

I have always thought there should be an incentive like 5% off for every continuous year as a season ticket holder. Although I do have a vested interest since as a season ticket holder from 1969 I would now be getting mine for free. As was mentioned earlier, it is stupid that the club appears to have no record of the long term loyalty of its ticket holders. I doubt even that they have any records of who had season tickets at the Dell

• Like 2

4 hours ago, die Mannyschaft said:

You know the incentive will be for non season ticket holders to go to the first game next season.

Unfortunately season ticket holders get no benefits anymore apart from a measly 5% off a replica shirt and a stadium tour which still to this day I have never done and have no interest in doing. 

And like you I've had a season ticket as far back as The Dell when I was still a teenager but ive never benefited on anything for having one, apart from a guaranteed ticket at a couple of cup finals and semi finals.

30 minutes ago, Paul Chuckle said:

You know the incentive will be for non season ticket holders to go to the first game next season.

Unfortunately season ticket holders get no benefits anymore apart from a measly 5% off a replica shirt and a stadium tour which still to this day I have never done and have no interest in doing. 

And like you I've had a season ticket as far back as The Dell when I was still a teenager but ive never benefited on anything for having one, apart from a guaranteed ticket at a couple of cup finals and semi finals.

Don’t you want to view the fungus riddled pitch up close and personal? What an incentive!

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Paul Chuckle said:

and a stadium tour which still to this day I have never done and have no interest in doing. 

you are missing out. Seeing the contents of the trophy cabinet is worth the fee alone. Highlights for me were the lump of crystal and carriage clock...I kid you not.

• Haha 2

On 21/04/2023 at 13:36, Chez said:

you are missing out. Seeing the contents of the trophy cabinet is worth the fee alone. Highlights for me were the lump of crystal and carriage clock...I kid you not.

I don't recall seeing a lump of crystal in it last time I was up there which was for the Southampton Cup Final last season? 

The best but about that part of the stadium is Rupert Lowe's name being scratched off the Chairman's section of the honours board.

Genuinely think if they phoned me in the off season and told me next season was free… I’d still have to think about it.

The last few seasons have been so depressingly shit… next season will be more of the same in a shitter league. 

I’m honestly looking forward to seeing how they try and spin it to encourage ST sales for next season.

After this years ‘Brave and Bold’ bollocks it’ll take something special to encourage anyone to part with their hard earned. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t suppose they will but in order to attract the vast majority of Season ticket holders to renew they should make the deadline as late as possible so fans can see what the club are doing…..or not….to plot an immediate return to the Premier League before parting with their money.

1 hour ago, JRM said:

Can someone on Saints voice show these prices to the board and encourage them to offer similar 

https://www.pnefc.net/tickets/season-cards/

I'm sure the club will come out with equally competitive prices after consultation with the Saints Voicers, such as; 

We've frozen the prices but you're getting 4 extra games 

Guarantee your seats to the playoffs and Wembley

Save 5% off at the club shop 

You'll receive a free pin badge within a cutting edge designed presentation box made from recycled bottles

Sell back your seat to any game that's a sell out 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Chuckle said:

I'm sure the club will come out with equally competitive prices after consultation with the Saints Voicers, such as; 

We've frozen the prices but you're getting 4 extra games 

Guarantee your seats to the playoffs and Wembley

Save 5% off at the club shop 

You'll receive a free pin badge within a cutting edge designed presentation box made from recycled bottles

Sell back your seat to any game that's a sell out 

You're right, the marketing at the club is amateur,  those presentation boxes when they could just send a card in the post! They'll probably offer a discount for womens games for mens season ticket holders as an added benefit 🤦‍♂️ 

Join Ruben and his team as they look to bounce back to the Premier league at the first attempt, don't miss a minutes action,  book now to guarantee disappointment 

No research done but I reckon points/ goals per pound we must have the worst value season ticket in the country over the last few years , they need to bear that in mind,  very little goodwill towards the club amongst the fanbase 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1