Saints 4-4 Liverpool - Match Thread

Yorkshire Saint

15 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

Selles looking sharp in Zara, a turtle necked matador with an defiant Iberian thrust of the jaw - but no plan.  Semmens sent down by Ramus to put Ruben's P45 in his jacket hanging in the changing room at the start of the second half.  Big Russell, new coat of Wella coal black rinse, as always desperate for possession, expectantly nervous in the stands. 

I genuinely hope Selles plays the full 2022/23 shit-list of mediocrity - Djnepo, Moi, Aribo the ensemble cast of the muppet show.  Then watch the utter cunts comfortably win - Ralph in his recently purchased conservatory in Graz instinctively falling to his knees with a tear in the eye at the final whistle.

Then again, we might just get dicked as per usual...

Brilliant!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

Selles looking sharp in Zara, a turtle necked matador with an defiant Iberian thrust of the jaw - but no plan.  Semmens sent down by Ramus to put Ruben's P45 in his jacket hanging in the changing room at the start of the second half.  Big Russell, new coat of Wella coal black rinse, as always desperate for possession, expectantly nervous in the stands. 

I genuinely hope Selles plays the full 2022/23 shit-list of mediocrity - Djnepo, Moi, Aribo the ensemble cast of the muppet show.  Then watch the utter cunts comfortably win - Ralph in his recently purchased conservatory in Graz instinctively falling to his knees with a tear in the eye at the final whistle.

Then again, we might just get dicked as per usual...

what’s our obsession with fashionable managers? ralph was wild with the trousers, selles looked like he was looking for a contract from GQ magazine, Martin looks like he’s watched American Psycho and slicks his hair like Rasmus Ankerson.

Also why with all these dots adding up did we appoint Nathan F*cking Jones.

Edited by SotonianWill
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

what’s our obsession with fashionable managers? ralph was wild with the trousers, selles looked like he was looking for a contract from GQ magazine, Martin looks like he’s watched American Psycho and slicks his hair like Rasmus Ankerson.

Also why with all these dots adding up did we appoint Nathan F*cking Jones.

Sartorial balance...

3 hours ago, Miltonaggro said:

Nickname at Norwich - probably because he is a six foot plus centre half.  Maybe same as big John McGrath, big Dave Watson etc. (who weren't as big as him per se). 

no but the latter 2 had presence about them on the pitch..................

• Like 1

Baz

Bree   Bednarak Salisu   Djenepo

AMN  Diallo

Elyo        Aribo      Orsic

Onuachu

Clusterfuck of a side. Liverpool won’t know what’s hit them

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 21/05/2023 at 17:08, Lighthouse said:

I won’t be going but to those who are, I would suggest a walk out on 70 mins. I think if anything is going to send a message to those running the club, it’s an empty stadium, rather than booing.

We haven’t got the fans mate ..st Mary’s is shocking and has been for long time now .. these fans wot have emerged over the last two seasons maybe longer would rather Clap 👏🏻 the players who don’t give a fuck for sfc than Stand together and show unity show the club we won’t stand for it we are the paying customers .. even away days are now full of mongs  .. it’s embarrassing truly embarrassing.. ive supported saints for over 40 years and wot I see now isn’t wot I fell in love with.. maybe not just happening at saints but its ripped through the heart of our club .. mediocrity and embarrassing shit support along with the club letting away fans take the absolute piss out of us has condemned me to despair… il still go cos it’s a disease .. i won’t be able to not go but wot I’ve seen in the premier league from us and the money I’ve stumped up it’s nothing short of robbery. Feel empty and roll on Sunday wen it’s all over !!

• Haha 1

Despite all the evidence to the contrary and the fact that we have been by far the worst team of a terrible bunch, I still can't shrug off the deranged optimism that we might get something on Sunday.

Blind faith brings us back - sadly that faith normally lasts less than ten minutes.

1 minute ago, Saint_Jonny said:

Forgot about the ticket exchange until reading this thread. Listed! 

I hope my match-going-mojo comes back in time for next season.

Of course only a benefit for those renewing next season when you’ll get a credit, if not better to let it just sit empty rather than allow the club to sell it on to some scouser

40 minutes ago, alehouseboys said:

Of course only a benefit for those renewing next season when you’ll get a credit, if not better to let it just sit empty rather than allow the club to sell it on to some scouser

I'll be renewing, no doubt about that. It'll be my old man that has to stand next to some plastic scouser, he's been warned.

13 hours ago, SaintZamboni said:

Baz

Bree   Bednarak Salisu   Djenepo

AMN  Diallo

Elyo        Aribo      Orsic

Onuachu

Clusterfuck of a side. Liverpool won’t know what’s hit them

When you put it like that it's amazing we've got more than 6 points! One day someone will write a film about it, like Escape to Victory, but with them all facing a firing squad at the end, a comedy :D

1 minute ago, Miltonaggro said:

When you put it like that it's amazing we've got more than 6 points! One day someone will write a film about it, like Escape to Victory, but with them all facing a firing squad at the end, a comedy :D

Even with Stallone in goal, Caine at centre back, a 40 year old Moore and 41 year old Pele, the Allies would take us to the fucking cleaners.

2 minutes ago, Chez said:

Even with Stallone in goal, Caine at centre back, a 40 year old Moore and 41 year old Pele, the Allies would take us to the fucking cleaners.

With Stallone's Mum, Marti Caine, Patrick Moore and the Pele who used to play for us this lot would have a game on their hands!

Hopefully with nothing to play for, Liverpool field the kids and that will rule out the possibility of a 9-0 to finish the season (although not entirely).

Would go with....

Bazunu

Tino       Bednarek   DCC      KWP

JWP    Lavia

Sulemana      Alcaraz      Doyle

Mara

Ballard to get at least a half of football as well

Hopefully the ground is empty by 6pm so they dont feel the need to do a 'lap of honour'

37 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Looking forward to seeing what Elyonoussi can do against Liverpool.....

If we have any sense he won't play, and we'll have the likes of Alcaraz, Doyle, Dibling involved who will be much more important for our future than he is. 

But we won't have any sense, so I expect a front 3 of Ely, Aribo and Theo.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

If we have any sense he won't play, and we'll have the likes of Alcaraz, Doyle, Dibling involved who will be much more important for our future than he is. 

But we won't have any sense, so I expect a front 3 of Ely, Aribo and Theo.

LOL

You know it

• Like 1

Had no idea this is a sell-out (though I guess that's the Liverpool element). I've other, more pressing plans on Sunday than watching our current goons jog around.

So thanks to those that have discussed the ticket exchange.

Funds are tight, so hopefully it'll facilitate a match or two next season.

If Pool have nothing to play for it's going to be a practice session and we may even get a draw out of it.

If Pool have something to still play for they will win.

Totally irrelevant either way. The real work starts the next day.

6 minutes ago, northam soul said:

Selles off confirmed his last game yay

He'll probably play himself at centre mid in a specially commissioned rollneck Saints shirt, sticking Vs up at the crowd for the full 90 minutes. What a terrible way of handling it. Why have him involved at all? Pointless. Like us.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Chez said:

Russell Osman could show a few of our attacking players how to score goals for Saints.

1 hour ago, Crab Lungs said:

for the love of God, please no clapping 

I plan to boo them onto the pitch and again off the pitch , if it is JWPs final game for us he should do his own lap would clap him for his 12 years contribution to the club , deserves some acknowledgement 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OttawaSaint said:

Russell Osman could show a few of our attacking players how to score goals for Saints.

Top player with a great shot on him, screamers against Everton, Charlton and I think Coventry spring to mind 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JRM said:

Top player with a great shot on him, screamers against Everton, Charlton and I think Coventry spring to mind 

He was a great bloke as well. As a student, I used to work in the Montagu Arms in Beaulieu and one afternoon a woman walked in, bought a drink and asked me what it was like living in the village, as her and her husband were thinking of moving in.  I asked what he did and she said he plays football and is signing for Southampton and sure enough they bought the house up the road and he used to come in quite regularly until I left to go to college the following September.

• Like 1

I’m not going Sunday, and I’m not putting my ticket on the exchange so some plastic scouser can sit in my seat. I’ll take the financial hit and I urge everyone not going to do the same, fed up with away support in the home areas. Just my opinion 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, THINWHITEDUKE said:

I’m not going Sunday, and I’m not putting my ticket on the exchange so some plastic scouser can sit in my seat. I’ll take the financial hit and I urge everyone not going to do the same, fed up with away support in the home areas. Just my opinion 🤷🏽‍♂️

I was going to do the same but have decided to go to the game now, bit of a surreal one with nothing at stake but for some weird reason still feel the need to be there, no doubt will regret that on Sunday 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, THINWHITEDUKE said:

TBH I think it’d actually be funny if the stadium was just 32,000 Liverpool fans.

• Haha 1

In a sad sort of way, I am kind of relieved we have already been relegated. Imagine the forlorn hope that we would all have had on here, that this bunch could get us a season saving result against Liverpool on the final day. We are where we are because we deserve to be, thanks mainly due to the appalling decisions made by the club. Maybe it's better that way than to have Van Dijk score a last minute winner to break our hearts and send us down. 

4 hours ago, Saint Keef said:

In a sad sort of way, I am kind of relieved we have already been relegated. Imagine the forlorn hope that we would all have had on here, that this bunch could get us a season saving result against Liverpool on the final day. We are where we are because we deserve to be, thanks mainly due to the appalling decisions made by the club. Maybe it's better that way than to have Van Dijk score a last minute winner to break our hearts and send us down. 

I am glad that at least our relegation is fully deserved and only the club has itself to blame.

i would have dropped dead from rage if it had come down to some horrible VAR decision.

• Like 4

I am in a similar position to others on here.

I bought tickets for me and my 3 children a while back (12, 10 & 5). We have been to quite a few away games this season, but I have yet to take them to St Marys

At the time of buying, I thought we would be relegated this season, but I also thought we would have put up a bit of a fight.

I'll be travelling down on the train form London, and as it stands, I just have no desire to goto to the game and make the journey down.

Need to make my mind up soon, as will need to buy the train tickets

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 4-4 Liverpool - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic