Other Games 23/24

skintsaint

9 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Anyone see the stupid Lallana pre-match interview today?

He was on the bench for Brighton, but was talking about how good it was to ''be back home'', it's like 'I've never been away''. ''I'm desperate for Liverpool to win the league'' Brighton fans didn't take too kindly to it, but this is Lallana all over - self indulged and a bit of a wet wally it has to be said.

Not got much going on between the ears, does old Nivea.

3 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

That game summed up the PL this year imo - the quality level bar this year is very, very low.

I'm sure we had Sky Sports say ''this is why the PL is the best league in the world' at one point or another though.

What a terrible game of walking football. The amount of diving and feigning injury (cheating) too and Sky pundits managed to talk about it for how long ??? Joke of a game.

Just now, captainchris said:

What a terrible game of walking football. The amount of diving and feigning injury (cheating) too and Sky pundits managed to talk about it for how long ??? Joke of a game.

I wasted over an hour of my life on that dirge.

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Norwich 1 up at Leicester. 

More worrying for the play off teams like ourselves is the fact that Norwich seem to be in great form 

Norwich scream Play off winners to me. They were nowhere near at Christmas, but haven't stopped winning since. So much momentum at this stage which is hard to stop, I saw them as a challenger for the Top 2 at the start so once they've got their shit together they are pretty formidable.

3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Norwich scream Play off winners to me. They were nowhere near at Christmas, but haven't stopped winning since. So much momentum at this stage which is hard to stop, I saw them as a challenger for the Top 2 at the start so once they've got their shit together they are pretty formidable.

and they're home to Ipswich in saturday.

6 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Apart from the clever corner Norwich have done fuck all.

or the alterative view on that is (apart from the goal) they've defended very well and been clinical taking their chance.

Edited by Turkish

2-1 now, good finish. Leicester been very good since half time. Although Norwich gave it away trying to play out, how many times do you see that FFS

Edited by Turkish

7 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Leeds win at the death

Honestly probably good news now, feels backwards to say given the result but I'd want that Ipswich team if we somehow managed to make the playoff final

Keep Hull away too, battered us

Leeds didn't play well tonight, but they just have it about them to stick in and get the job done by whatever means.

Whereas we played well tonight, had the lead, but still lost the game. That's why they will win the league and we'll end it stranded in 4th.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Leeds didn't play well tonight, but they just have it about them to stick in and get the job done by whatever means.

Whereas we played well tonight, had the lead, but still lost the game. That's why they will win the league and we'll end it stranded in 4th.

Like Ipswich they find a way to win, we find a way not too

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

Fucking hell, the TNT build up to tonight’s games is fucking pony. I love the 7:30 kick off, choice of games with some at 8 o’clock. But they’re aiming the build up at Nods….Missed opportunity for some proper analysis. Shite 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

59 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Fucking hell, the TNT build up to tonight’s games is fucking pony. I love the 7:30 kick off, choice of games with some at 8 o’clock. But they’re aiming the build up at Nods….Missed opportunity for some proper analysis. Shite 

Greatest league in the world, innit.

3 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Leicester could be in a spot of bother - more so than previously expected

There is some chatter that their losses could equate to a 20-30 point deduction, so they could be relegated next year before it even starts (whatever league they are in). The pressure to go up must be huge though, without that PL money I have no idea how they can even start to recover. 

The players are going to feel the pressure on this imo, if we face them in the playoff final then I reckon it could be too much for them.

The lack of atmosphere at City is unbelievable, you could have a conversation from on side of the ground to another.

*unbelivably crap that is

Edited by Toussaint

17 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

There is some chatter that their losses could equate to a 20-30 point deduction, so they could be relegated next year before it even starts (whatever league they are in). The pressure to go up must be huge though, without that PL money I have no idea how they can even start to recover. 

The players are going to feel the pressure on this imo, if we face them in the playoff final then I reckon it could be too much for them.

Before I take a generous helping of schadenfreude, can I double check that we aren't at risk of getting slapped with something similar in the not-too-distant future?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

So the premier league creates a monster where staying in the league to get the riches on offer is all that matters to a lot of clubs. But by clubs doing what they can to stay so they can at least try and complete they’re going to deduct them points thus relegating them anyway? Meanwhile clubs at the top can do what they want and get away with it. Game is fucked beyond belief.

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

Before I take a generous helping of schadenfreude, can I double check that we aren't at risk of getting slapped with something similar in the not-too-distant future?

We didn't help ourselves with the mental signings in 2022 and the winter of 23, but what Leicester haven't been able to do as readily in recent years is recoup. They lost big players they spent a lot on for free, including Tilemans. We recouped almost £150ish in this summer alone, making substational profits on the original transfers which almost breaks us even, this summer if we fail to go up we will have more funds to raise from KWP/Bednarek/Armstrong etc, and the wage bill will reduce in a significant way. I think we're in control of it without having all the detail, we'll see in a year I guess.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Turkish said:

So the premier league creates a monster where staying in the league to get the riches on offer is all that matters to a lot of clubs. But by clubs doing what they can to stay so they can at least try and complete they’re going to deduct them points thus relegating them anyway? Meanwhile clubs at the top can do what they want and get away with it. Game is fucked beyond belief.

I totally agree, it's all wrong. I hate it, I think they're ruining football if they've not already.

All this is going to do is create a massively divided league with teams who are scared to compete, and the teams who have the revenue will continue to be able to compete. It won't be obvious immediately, but you'll have two clear leagues in the PL before long - but I guess that's what they want, the super league by stealth.

I find it hard to take it all seriously when you have City still to be punished for their 120 odd breaches, but the PL throwing out points deductions for the easy targets without delay.

40 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Depressing really. 

They’ve created the super league in all but name. Let’s not forget all those clubs that originally signed up to it wouldn’t have quietly changed their minds just because their fans kicked up a fuss. This was probably all agreed at the time and for me, is even worse. I’d be happy if they all left the PL tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, LGTL said:

They’ve created the super league in all but name. Let’s not forget all those clubs that originally signed up to it wouldn’t have quietly changed their minds just because their fans kicked up a fuss. This was probably all agreed at the time and for me, is even worse. I’d be happy if they all left the PL tomorrow. 

Wasn’t the super league in addition to the PL?

Oh look, just in time to avoid giving the big boys any points deductions.

Premier League eyeing ABOLISHING points deductions and introducing an NBA-style 'luxury tax' over fears top stars will leave if rules restrict pay - after Everton and Forest lost points

A 'luxury tax' has been considered, where those clubs who overspend will have a financial punishment which would increase the more they splash the cash. But clubs can choose to press on regardless if they wish.

12 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Premier League eyeing ABOLISHING points deductions and introducing an NBA-style 'luxury tax' over fears top stars will leave if rules restrict pay - after Everton and Forest lost points

A 'luxury tax' has been considered, where those clubs who overspend will have a financial punishment which would increase the more they splash the cash. But clubs can choose to press on regardless if they wish.

Newcastle will love it as they will be able spend, spend, spend if that happens and will still be able to afford the fine..........  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

They have all got their noses in the trough, the last thing the FA want is for billionaires to stop throwing money at the game.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

First confirmed outcome from this years Championship - the inevitable Rotherham relegation. Lost at home to Plymouth tonight meaning that they are mathematically gone. (big result for Plymouth though)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

First confirmed outcome from this years Championship - the inevitable Rotherham relegation. Lost at home to Plymouth tonight meaning that they are mathematically gone. (big result for Plymouth though)

Also means that the likes of Birmingham, Millwall, Stoke, QPR, Swansea and our opposition will be battling hard tomorrow, when we are just bobbing along waiting for the playoffs. 

7 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Very mixed feelings about this.

Lots of sympathy for Rotherham (really enjoyed our trip up there)

But very keen that Plymouth survive (just in case), another good away trip