Plymouth 1-2 Saints - FT

AlexLaw76

7 hours ago, Janner said:

You guys may be for a little shock on Sat. An entertaining 3-1 win to Argyle. 

Wouldn't be a shock to me.

We've got a GK who can't make saves, CB's who are crap with high balls (some low ones too), DMs either sold or injured, a manager who hasn't a clue how to set up a team to defend, and play zonal marking in defense to leave players unmarked to put away any free headers that haven't already flown past the above-mentioned GK.

I'd eat my hat if were able to keep a clean sheet.

• Like 7

BAZ

KWP JANNY B STEPHENS MANNING

CHARLES

ALCARAZ              ARMSTRONG 

TELLA                                      A-A

ARMA

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ElTrinidad said:

BAZ

CHARLES

ARMA

Good team, but not sure writing BAZ extra big is going to stop us conceding.

BAZ

CHARLES

ARMA

Have you picked Adam Armstrong 3 times? 

• Haha 6

BAZ

CHARLES

ARMA

About all we've got but that midfield looks very weak, not much protection there.

2 hours ago, St. Ciervo said:

An Argyle supporter comes in and speaks about a few players with pace and several on here begin to panic. They'll be gassed by the second half. 3-2 Saints win with a 2 goal second half.

Hope you're right but we'll see.

We’ll see this today I think, RMs comments to me sounded like Che won’t be available, no inside knowledge from me unfortunately but I ‘don’t’ think he’ll be around today… shame really, if he is available then Id start Che at 9 and play Arma off the left instead of Edozie as I think his runs are harder to track from there, especially if Che is being a nuisance

The midfield is potentially an issue… neither Armstrong of Alcaraz track so Shea will be busy today, Stu won’t have 90 in him either, so expect an Aribo appearance around 70.. probably even worse at tracking

Overall Im confident, Plymouth aren’t as good in the transition as Norwich but they do have pace up top and so we’ll need to be careful of balls over the top

A Saints 2-1 win for me, Alcaraz and Arma

IMG_8796.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, saintant said:

About all we've got but that midfield looks very weak, not much protection there.

Hopefully we’re pleasantly surprised with Charles’ performance.

Surely by size alone he can’t be more of a lightweight than Smallbone! 

7 hours ago, ElTrinidad said:

BAZ

CHARLES

ARMA

That would be my team to start, 2-0 to us Adam Armstrong and Che to score COYR :)

20 minutes ago, ElTrinidad said:

Hopefully we’re pleasantly surprised with Charles’ performance.

Surely by size alone he can’t be more of a lightweight than Smallbone! 

Charles is certainly a prospect but at his age and with his limited experience do we think he's going to be more effective than Plymouth's midfielders? I'm not sure and he is our only real defensive cover in the middle. That is the area that worries me today. Hope it turns out different.

Bazunu
KWP - Stephens - Bednarek - Manning
                       Charles
       S. Armstrong - A. Armstrong
          Tella - Adams - Edozie

I assume it's this same system, based on RM's previous comments about AA being able to fill in at the 8. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Despite being injured on Wednesday I’m sure some are going to have a meltdown over Alcaraz not playing.

IMG_2358.jpeg

Very positive to see Che Adams in there. He’s looked brilliant so far. Keep an eye on him as championship level defenders fucking hate playing against him! 

• Like 1

Plymouth will no doubt win, I’ve watched Saints enough to know how this goes. This is a classic banana skin game and we nearly always slip up, especially when some of our mong fans are giving it large and acting arrogant towards the opposition as if we are somehow better than them with not enough on the pitch evidence to back that assertion up this season.

We will probably score early, the team will also get complacent, then they will get one before Ht and straight after. We will battle away until inevitably we throw the sink at getting a point from a draw and then they sneak another on the counter.

plymouth 3-1

would desperately love to be wrong about this, and we smash them, as for me it would be a sign we are gonna be in the mix this season. But we’ve already dropped the ball against Gillingham in similar circumstances albeit without the same players, so expecting similar results.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Ooof feels a bit flimsy that team but if Shea steps up we could have the platform to batter them.

Could go in all kinds of directions this match.

Our Two strikers on course to score 115 goals between them this season. I can’t see anything other than a 6-7 loss

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mallagroth said:

Plymouth will no doubt win, I’ve watched Saints enough to know how this goes. This is a classic banana skin game and we nearly always slip up, especially when some of our mong fans are giving it large and acting arrogant towards the opposition as if we are somehow better than them with not enough on the pitch evidence to back that assertion up this season.

We will probably score early, the team will also get complacent, then they will get one before Ht and straight after. We will battle away until inevitably we throw the sink at getting a point from a draw and then they sneak another on the counter.

plymouth 3-1

would desperately love to be wrong about this, and we smash them, as for me it would be a sign we are gonna be in the mix this season. But we’ve already dropped the ball against Gillingham in similar circumstances albeit without the same players, so expecting similar results.

I take it that you've been down to Ladbrokes and put all of your worldly goods on a Plymouth win?

22 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Bazunu
KWP - Stephens - Bednarek - Manning
                       Charles
       S. Armstrong - A. Armstrong
          Tella - Adams - Edozie

I assume it's this same system, based on RM's previous comments about AA being able to fill in at the 8. 

Arma at 8 genuinely seems fucking insane to me. But in RM we trust.

Who needs a midfield anyway?

Attack, attack, attack 

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Plymouth 1-2 Saints - FT
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic