David Brooks

CSA96

Massive coup if we get option to buy ..much more highly rated then Fraser and labelled one of most gifted to pull on the shirt ..

on the other hand if it’s just us getting him back to full health I’m not sure it’s such a great move ..

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Massive coup if we get option to buy ..much more highly rated then Fraser and labelled one of most gifted to pull on the shirt ..

on the other hand if it’s just us getting him back to full health I’m not sure it’s such a great move ..

It is Bournemouth tbf...

• Like 3
  • Haha 13

Interesting signing. I wouldn't have thought that he would have any long term issues from the cancer now he's had the all clear. However he hasn't managed to regain his starting place for Bournemouth or Wales. Perhaps it's just the time out of the game and he needs first team football to get up to speed.

Given how good he was, I wouldn't think there's be an option to buy on this one

8 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

Interesting signing. I wouldn't have thought that he would have any long term issues from the cancer now he's had the all clear. However he hasn't managed to regain his starting place for Bournemouth or Wales. Perhaps it's just the time out of the game and he needs first team football to get up to speed.

Agreed. It's not like a serious injury when you're unsure if the muscle/bone/joint will recover to the same strength. As you say, probably just needs regular games. 

3 hours ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

Can't imagine we would be interested if there wasn't some kind of option/obligation if we get promoted and/or he makes x appearances.

If all goes well and we get promoted, we'll be competing with Bournemouth next season to avoid the drop. We shouldn't be getting one of their (potentially) best players back into form without having some ability to make the move permanent.

2 minutes ago, igsey said:

Can't imagine we would be interested if there wasn't some kind of option/obligation if we get promoted and/or he makes x appearances.

If all goes well and we get promoted, we'll be competing with Bournemouth next season to avoid the drop. We shouldn't be getting one of their (potentially) best players back into form without having some ability to make the move permanent.

If we bring him here it will be for our short term benefit in getting us up, anything else is secondary. We won't be signing him (on loan) for AFCB's benefit, but we probably wouldn't walk away from it either if that's a possibility. 

• Like 1

£50k per week for supposedly one of there bestest players? 

Why on earth would boscombe let him go if he’s really that good? Why has he not completed 90 minutes ( actually he came off ht last match) this season and only once been a starter? He comes on for 5 or 10 minutes per match, when fit. If fit he’s not a starter for them. For Boscombe Athletic ffs. It’s not like he’s even a prolific scorer or assist maker when playing. What’s the attraction? 

They are not such a brilliant squad of EPL stars that they can just do that, surely? I don’t see this player automatically gets to start at SmS from his recent playing history. Maybe I’m not up to speed on this guy but he does not strike me as better value than other goalscoring wingers. 

Is this a decoy for some other target? 

Edited by gio1saints
Been educated about this player now. Decent if he comes is my new view!
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

Why on earth would boscombe let him go if he’s really that good? Why has he not completed 90 minutes ( actually he came off ht last match) this season and only once been a starter? He comes on for 5 or 10 minutes per match, when fit. If fit he’s not a starter for them. For Boscombe Athletic ffs. It’s not like he’s even a prolific scorer or assist maker when playing. What’s the attraction? 

They are not such a brilliant squad of EPL stars that they can just do that, surely? I don’t see this player automatically gets to start at SmS from his recent playing history. Maybe I’m not up to speed on this guy but he does not strike me as better value than other goalscoring wingers. 

Out of interest, had you ever heard of him before today?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Out of interest, had you ever heard of him before today?

No not really. As I said: Maybe I’m not up to speed on this guy perhaps I’m just ignorant. When did he have his period of being a superstar? 2019? 

Edited by gio1saints
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

decoy for who? Micheal Olise🤣

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

No not really. As I said: Maybe I’m not up to speed on this guy perhaps I’m just ignorant. When did he have his period of being a superstar? 2019? 

He showed promise in the 18-19 season, then had a long-term injury, then helped Bournemouth back to the PL. Then he unfortunately had cancer and missed the next two seasons.

1 minute ago, SambaMaverick said:

He showed promise in the 18-19 season, then had a long-term injury, then helped Bournemouth back to the PL. Then he unfortunately had cancer and missed the next two seasons.

Ah I see didn’t know he had cancer and was out the game a while. Anybody fights back from cancer gets my vote! Consider me converted! Sign him up! 😇

• Like 4

Always been a big fan, would’ve liked us to have signed him from Sheffield United before Bournemouth did. Thought when they went down we might have bought him then. Joining us would probably give him the game time and style of play to get back up to full fitness as part of what must be a very tough recovery - he’s very comfortable with the ball at his feet so he’d fit in perfectly to this style of football imo.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, SambaMaverick said:

All of which means he doesn't have many miles on the clock, is very determined and resillient, and will have a burning desire to make the most out of his career. Danny Ings-esq i hope.

Plus he was bloody class technically.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OldNick said:

How the wheel of fortune has turned. Not long ago we'd loan some of our players to the Cherries, never thought in my lifetime id see us with the begging bucket at theirs

Wonder if they’ll do a bucket collection for us in our time of need 

39 minutes ago, OldNick said:

How the wheel of fortune has turned. Not long ago we'd loan some of our players to the Cherries, never thought in my lifetime id see us with the begging bucket at theirs

it's been worse. Remember when we loaded players from Reading. A noddy little club like Reading FFS

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

it's been worse. Remember when we loaded players from Reading. A noddy little club like Reading FFS

It can't be that bad to loan from Reading, when it involves Michail Antonio on loan. The problem was Cortese didn't fancy paying £1M for him at the end of the season. We've signed enough dross from better-regarded clubs, how many people remember that we borrowed players like Mellis or Otsemobor around the same time period?

As long as they do a job for us, it won't matter where they come from. Same with David Brooks if he does decide to join us. If he does really well and enjoys it here, maybe he'll push for a transfer (and we can recycle Burnley's "Free Nathan Tella" song).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

It can't be that bad to loan from Reading, when it involves Michail Antonio on loan. The problem was Cortese didn't fancy paying £1M for him at the end of the season. We've signed enough dross from better-regarded clubs, how many people remember that we borrowed players like Mellis or Otsemobor around the same time period?

As long as they do a job for us, it won't matter where they come from. Same with David Brooks if he does decide to join us. If he does really well and enjoys it here, maybe he'll push for a transfer (and we can recycle Burnley's "Free Nathan Tella" song).

Nicholas Bignall disagrees with you.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OldNick said:

I still can't get over the fact they are a league above us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iansums said:

They were a pathetic joke, felt sorry for them. Must admit I hope their success continues, they deserve it and good for the South coast. Eastleigh next up!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, iansums said:

You could turn that into a positive by saying in the 150 odd (or whatever) year history of both respective clubs, how tinpot is it that this is the first time it's ever happened?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

You could turn that into a positive by saying in the 150 odd (or whatever) year history of both respective clubs, how tinpot is it that this is the first time it's ever happened?

Good point, living over Bournemouth way makes it worse.

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

A song that works too. 

wish I could be like David Brooks

fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa 

I prefer David Brooks to the tune of Baby Shark. Angus Gunn mk2. 

Sure to get the infamous chapel kop going. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/01/2024 at 18:30, Ted Bates Statue said:

Stop pissing on our bonfire, we're having a great discussion here about The Kinks.

Besides, the COT head honcho has come up with a song for David Brooks before he's even signed, so as far as I'm concerned, he's definitely joining us and it's a done deal. I think that's how it's supposed to work.

Never in doubt

On 11/01/2024 at 06:04, Turkish said:

A song that works too. 

wish I could be like David Brooks

fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa 

Hope the DEF will be out in force at Rotherham with that one

• Like 1

I would be delighted with this signing. 

He was in brilliant form before the diagnosis (he was actually at the Euros with Wales) and at the time was on the radar of several top teams.

He now needs gametime which he can't get at Bournemouth.

In Bournemouths recent 5-0 FA Cup thrashing of Swansea he created the first two goals and scored the third. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68091050

Great signing for us and him. I really think this could be the difference between the playoffs and automatic promotion.

• Like 4

Seems like a great signing.

Locally based, point to prove to himself, good enough for a higher level, left footed.

If he ends up playing the right forward role then Adam Armstrong will need to deliver at CF. The only concern is whether that's a change we really need to make to the team, but overall this looks like a no-brainer signing if he's fit and affordable.

• Lighthouse changed the title to David Brooks