Birmingham City 3-4 Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

1 minute ago, saintstowin said:

I think in the away Millwall game. And possibly in that run he had in the side at that time of year he may have been LB in other games too. Seemed fine. 

Yep hoping Bree retains his place in the side today 🙂

Edited by davefizzy14
  • Like 2

Bazunu 

Bree  THB  Bednarek  Stevens 

Smallbone  Downes  S Armstrong 

Edozie  Mara  Sulemana

The front three started well against the Scousers and deserve another chance especially as they are our future.

Let's face it when he brought on the tired old brigade of CA/AA on Wednesday they contributed the square root of bugger-all and do not deserve selection ahead of our kids. I'm dubious about Brooks as a starter as he won't be here next season and hasn't set the place alight so far this.

I am assuming Stuart A is fit to go.

Edited by Charlie Wayman
  • Like 1

With my line up we would have won, with Martin's toothless front three we'll lose. Simple. 2-0 to Birmingham, over and out. 

Can only assume Manning knows for too much about where the bodies are buried 'cos sure as hell he ain't getting picked on football merit.

Edited by Charlie Wayman
  • Haha 1

Just now, Saint NL said:

Smallbone starting is a weird one, I know he's better with Downes in there, but Charles has earned his chance.

Adam Armstrong to get back to goalscoring ways today :nod:

come again?

Smallbone rewarded for his last two dogshit performances with another selection. I suppose his failings might be not quite so highlighted by Downes’ presence. Manning’s selection (they must have compromising photos, surely) another conundrum. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Block41 Saint said:

This is a must win. 

So it's every game from here on in if we want promotion, so it's just another 'normal' game. 

Bree in for Stephens and Aribo in for Smallbone. It’s so painfully obvious that Russ will refuse to do it because he likes to be different. 

Edited by LGTL
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

With my line up we would have won, with Martin's toothless front three we'll lose. Simple. 2-0 to Birmingham, over and out. 

Can only assume Manning knows for too much about where the bodies are buried 'cos sure as hell he ain't getting picked on football merit.

AA is a witness too it seems… Certainly isn’t a footballer who compliments this system at all…. Anonymous …

Edited by captainchris
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, LGTL said:

Bree in for Stephens and Aribo in for Downes. It’s so painfully obvious that Russ will refuse to do it because he likes to be different. 

You want Downes out the team? Did you not see what happened since he got injured? :uhoh:

4 minutes ago, LGTL said:

Bree in for Stephens and Aribo in for Downes. It’s so painfully obvious that Russ will refuse to do it because he likes to be different. 

Nah, stick with Downes I reckon.... ;)

11 minutes ago, DT said:

Smallbone rewarded for his last two dogshit performances with another selection. I suppose his failings might be not quite so highlighted by Downes’ presence. Manning’s selection (they must have compromising photos, surely) another conundrum. 

How many games have we lost in which Downes has partnered with Smallbone in midfield? (Genuine question as I've no idea and you appear to be more knowledgeable than me in this area)

3 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

You want Downes out the team? Did you not see what happened since he got injured? :uhoh:

Whoops 😂 edited it quickly hoping nobody would notice 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

Charles was pretty good on Wednesday, Smallbone was not.

Therefore, I'd give Charles a go. 

With Downes back, Smallbone won't be playing the same role as he did on Wednesday...

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Leeds lose, win this and we are more than like going to be champions - FACT 

Drew (otherwise, highly amusing... Keep it up ;) )

Edited by trousers

Aribo has looked good lately, Smallbone has been pony. Bree played well Weds, Manning didn’t. Adam Armstrong has been fucking pony lately. We’ll know at 5 whether this is the right side, but on paper it doesn’t look right to me. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, trousers said:

With Downes back, Smallbone won't be playing the same role as he did on Wednesday...

No, he will be not tackling higher up the pitch which is potentially less damaging 

4 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Aribo has looked good lately, Smallbone has been pony. Bree played well Weds, Manning didn’t. Adam Armstrong has been fucking pony lately. We’ll know at 5 whether this is the right side, but not for me I’m afraid.

It’s a risk, playing a physically lightweight midfield again.

Edited by Toussaint

39 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

Smallbone starting is a weird one, I know he's better with Downes in there, but Charles has earned his chance.

Adam Armstrong to get back to goalscoring ways today :nod:

Watch the press conference and you'll know why Smallbone is starting

Edited by Patches O Houlihan

Yeah that looks a bit shit to be honest, like Brooks in tho but we need to start getting direct goals from s armstrong as he has been light this season (only 3 from a total of 25 games in minutes) for him to keep getting a lot of time.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Birmingham City vs Saints - Match Thread
  • Jimmy_D changed the title to Birmingham City 3-4 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic