Lighthouse

11 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

Bazunu

KWP Harwood-Bellis Bednarek Bree

Downes

Stu Aribo

Brooks Che AA

Fucking please!

After KWP limped off suspect it will be Bree right back and Manning left back, other than that I like your line up

14 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

Bazunu

KWP Harwood-Bellis Bednarek Bree

Downes

Stu Aribo

Brooks Che AA

Fucking please!

Yep, probably our best starting 11 on paper. I guess we'll play Stephens and Charles in place of KWP and Downes if they're not passed fit to play though 

Hopefully Downes is back, if not then Shea needs to play CDM. If Smallbone plays there then we’re fucked. 

Brum are doing ok of late, admittedly Mowbray won’t be in the dugout for this but I’m sure the team will be very well drilled in how to counter us, as his Sunderland side did so devastatingly earlier in the season.

Tough match, desperately hope we win but wouldn’t be surprised if we fluff it again. St Andrews always seems to be an awkward place for us to go.

• Like 1

Was going to say that Mowbray already did a number on us this season, but just seen that hes stepped away from the job for a period to deal with an illness. Wish him well.

We simply need to win this. The first of three big games (they're all big I know) before we get a well earned three week break. It just feels like the team is running on fumes at the moment with the amount of games we've had, the drop in performance and the injuries we're picking up. If we can somehow pick up 9 points before the break then we'll have given ourselves a great chance for the run in.

2-1 win 🤞🏼

• Like 3

Lots of playing out from the back/being brave on the ball.

probably give the ball away in ridiculous positions, but we will score early and battle to a 2-1 away win, with a team with Smallbone in CM, THB at RB and Jack Stephens up front

Martin will be a bit of a prick in the post match interview 

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Haha 3

Got a bit of optimism back from the first 60 minutes yesterday. Granted we fluffed too many chances. 

3-1 win for me provided Downes is back. Still gutted that we’ve let the top 3 escape us. This needs to be the start of a winning streak to have any chance of auto. 

12 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

If we come out of these 2 league defeats in a row without KWP and Fraser then that is going to conclude an absolute season defining disaster for us.

Fingers crossed KWP is fine.

RM said it could be a quad injury so if that is the case he may be missing for up to six weeks.

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, saintant said:

RM said it could be a quad injury so if that is the case he may be missing for up to six weeks.

Unless I was dreaming as I can't find where I saw the quote now, apparently RM said they didn't know he was injured and it was the ref that told them. Begs the questions why would KWP carry on without at least seeking attention, and also would a ref even do that?

• Like 1

Result doesn’t matter as long as we’re brave on the ball.

For me, brave is trying to move it forward rather than just going sideways or backwards.

I don’t love the players as much as Russ, and I certainly don’t love RussBall.

We are just a project for the manager and a project for the club.  The geezer who owns the club needs to fucking sort it out.

• Like 3

Smallbone was excellent for the first 70mins yesterday, so I’d leave him in that role for the full 90. 

Bree has to come in regardless of whether KWP is fit or not.

Aribo has to start & so does SA. 

Fuck Mara off for Che, put Brookes in for one of the wide men. 

Not convinced by Charles yet, so if Downes is unfit that could be an issue. Personally, I liked Rothwells urgency first half at Liverpool , but I guess that’s the SA role as opposed to a more defensive position. On the basis of not tinkering around too much, I’d probably stay with Charles (in the event of Downes being out), but he needs to start producing a bit more and stop giving the fucking ball away. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Smallbone was excellent for the first 70mins yesterday, so I’d leave him in that role for the full 90. 

Not convinced by Charles yet, so if Downes is unfit that could be an issue. Personally, I liked Rothwells urgency first half at Liverpool , but I guess that’s the SA role as opposed to a more defensive position. On the basis of not tinkering around too much, I’d probably stay with Charles (in the event of Downes being out), but he needs to start producing a bit more and stop giving the fucking ball away. 

Smallbone on the bench. The threat of him coming on will terrify the opposition. As they say in chess, the threat is greater than the execution.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wurzel said:

Unless I was dreaming as I can't find where I saw the quote now, apparently RM said they didn't know he was injured and it was the ref that told them. Begs the questions why would KWP carry on without at least seeking attention, and also would a ref even do that?

Maybe he was just doing a Jason Puncheon.

1 hour ago, Miltonaggro said:

Have to play strongest side

Yep, and for the rest of the season... No more tinkering with team selections... Start with the best players in each and every game.

Edited by trousers
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, trousers said:

Yep, and for the rest of the season... No more tinkering with team selections... Start with the best players in each and every game.

Should be a given for every game.  Instead we have a narcissist trying to be a clever bollocks every week.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

Should be a given for every game.  Instead we have a narcissist trying to be a clever bollocks every week.

Or we have a manager that has been rotating the team whilst we have been playing 3 games a week for a while. I’d expect to see a more settled line up as that now dies down.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Or we have a manager that has been rotating the team whilst we have been playing 3 games a week for a while. I’d expect to see a more settled line up as that now dies down.

But why Leeds haven’t and look where they are! The problem has been the change in tactics like Hull game why was Stu playing up front leaving us short wide and midfield Hulls strength ? Millwall shoe horning Stephens into 3 positions ? 
Martin has claimed responsibility let’s just hope he has learnt but I doubt it.

The 3 week break will help with injuries just hope we use it wisely not like Jones did with his.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

But why Leeds haven’t and look where they are! The problem has been the change in tactics like Hull game why was Stu playing up front leaving us short wide and midfield Hulls strength ? Millwall shoe horning Stephens into 3 positions ? 
Martin has claimed responsibility let’s just hope he has learnt but I doubt it.

The 3 week break will help with injuries just hope we use it wisely not like Jones did with his.

Last night was weird - most games it’s been AA on the left and A N Other on the right  - when AA came on he started and stayed on the right.
Our most successful period this season was with AA on the left. Baffles me.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

He came on as a second half sub?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

RM: "KWP won't be out for long but this game is too soon. Hoping he'll be ok for the next two"

Did anyone hear him say anything about Downes? (Adam Blackmore mentioned Downes but I don't think he asked a direct question about his fitness?)

I suspect this morning's press conference is going to wind up some people. All about how "brave" we were versus Liverpool but not a single question or reflection on how awful our decision making was up front. Felt a bit head-in-sand territory to me. Conspiracy theory alert but I'm wondering if Adam Blackmore is a tad wary about asking 'home truths' type questions these days after his mini 'spat' with Russell earlier in the season...?

Roy Keane and Ian Wright called it out on Wednesday night, saying that the manager should be furious about how wasteful we were in the final third, but I'm not seeing any sign of that viewpoint being addressed in the press conference(s)...

Anyway, positivity is never a bad thing so maybe I'm wide of the mark in highlighting these observations...?

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1

Yeah sadly ‘being brave’ doesn’t mean being any good. And trying to be the team we want to be doesn’t mean we’re good enough to play like Man City. 

Baz

Bree THB Janny Manning 

Stu Downes Aribo

Arma Adams Edozie

Must win

29 minutes ago, trousers said:

RM: "KWP won't be out for long but this game is too soon. Hoping he'll be ok for the next two"

Did anyone hear him say anything about Downes? (Adam Blackmore mentioned Downes but I don't think he asked a direct question about his fitness?)

Something must be up with Downes, more than is being disclosed, to keep saying "He`s close"  on repeat is nonsense when it clearly wasn't the case

29 minutes ago, trousers said:

I suspect this morning's press conference is going to wind up some people. All about how "brave" we were versus Liverpool but not a single question or reflection on how awful our decision making was up front. Felt a bit head-in-sand territory to me. Conspiracy theory alert but I'm wondering if Adam Blackmore is a tad wary about asking 'home truths' type questions these days after his mini 'spat' with Russell earlier in the season...?

Roy Keane and Ian Wright called it out on Wednesday night, saying that the manager should be furious about how wasteful we were in the final third, but I'm not seeing any sign of that viewpoint being addressed in the press conference(s)...

Anyway, positivity is never a bad thing so maybe I'm wide of the mark in highlighting these observations...?

"the reward and the feeling the players get for the perceived risk tops anything" 

How about the feeling of winning Russell. Sometimes it feels tome like he's some scientist in charge of an experiment where the process is more important to him than the result. If we don't go up this year and are less successful next year, I can see this getting extremely tiresome incredibly quickly. 

• Like 3

• Lighthouse changed the title to Birmingham City vs Saints - Match Thread
  • Jimmy_D changed the title to Birmingham City 3-4 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic