Saints 3-0 PNE - Match Thread

Harry_SFC

2 minutes ago, Secret Site Agent said:

I think that Mccarthys natural instinct.is to.put his boot through it rather than pass it around like Bazunu does.

Don't mind this.

I genuinely think it is a thing this half...less nobbing around at the back with the keeper

• Like 6

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

I genuinely think it is a thing this half...less nobbing around at the back with the keeper

In fairness Preston just aren't getting high enough up the pitch for it to be near the keeper. It goes back to Bednarek or THB and they're both in Preston's half.

Just now, Saint NL said:

We've been very good, but Preston have been awful. Surprised they're in contention for the playoffs

I don’t know why people just don’t see that outside the top 4 this league is fucking dreadful. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Saint NL said:

We've been very good, but Preston have been awful. Surprised they're in contention for the playoffs

why do think the top teams are amassing high number of points?

This league is poor, so the comparison with other seasons is a little silly

Not a bad player on the pitch for us so far. Everyone working hard. Passing good, winning the ball well. If this is the final score I'd still be very happy. But with Preston offering nothing this is a really good chance to boost our goal difference, which isn't nearly as good as the other 3.

No shoe horn, no problem.

Players playing in their natural position, less faffing around between the defence and the keeper, against a crap team

This league is shite, no wonder the top 4 have ran away with it

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

why do think the top teams are amassing high number of points?

This league is poor, so the comparison with other seasons is a little silly

Why did you change your Martino avatar? Did it not catch on? 

• Haha 1

Wow! 45 minutes of pass and move football of the highest quality. Not a weak link anywhere and we have run Preston ragged and scored 3 lovely goals plus Stu was very unlucky with his clever shot that hit the post. Hope we keep up the same tempo and look for more goals in the second half but that was quite a stunning first 45 minutes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

great first half that, as good as we've been all season, dare i say it but that's what happens when you play your best players in their best positions?

What, like the keeper?

I’m gone….

Scintillating football at times. Best half I’ve seen us play here in a long time. But PNE shape has made it easy. Che, Manning, both armstrongs, Aribo Flynn  Kyle Jan THB Alex all excellent. Goals and SHOTS all excellent 👍 

Need to drive this one home in the second half, this is not just about this game, it's sending a message to those above us.  I'll be pretty pissed off if we concede, and if we don't win at least five nil.  More of the same second half, and keep that foot hard down.

• Like 1

Excellent team effort there. Adams was a stand out. It's good to see all the work he puts in off the ball, and his movement get a reward. Before our first he'd held up the ball, passed it and gone on a really good run only to not get picked up. But we unlocked our attacking more and more as the half went on.

Downes was full of drive and energy, while AA terrorised the Preston back line. Stu linked everything up with help from Brooks. KWP and Manning got to do a lot in their attacking roles, with Preston not offering much. Manning has a defensive mistake in him. Aribo combines lots of good things with his tendency of needless passbacks, rather than be a full part of an attack. Yet, seconds later he's ther looking for the ball.

Hopefully Baz recovers quickly. But McCarthy has been fine. A few longer ones early on, with a poor one in there, but comfortable picking up passes across the defence. Shots low to his left have a chance of being saved too.

Get Che's hattrick, and then some game management to freshen things up ahead of the run in please.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baird of the land said:

Geing greedy i'd like a quick 4th and then give a few of the key players a early rest ahead of Saturday.

Yep. Let’s not forget that GD is against us. We won’t get a better chance to recoup a few of them. 

Just now, Saint_clark said:

Goal difference is only going to make a difference with Ipswich really, Leeds and Leicester are both far superior in that regard. 

Unless we win 6-0 at Elland Road on the last day.

Well, I can dream can't I?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Goal difference is only going to make a difference with Ipswich really, Leeds and Leicester are both far superior in that regard. 

It doesn’t really matter for Leeds anyway, win all our games, we finish above them.

Don't take your foot off their throats Saints, we got 3 in the first half so lets get 3-4 in the 2nd. Follow this with a good thumping of Cardiff and we could be somewhere close enough to Leeds g.d. to overturn it on the last day (if it comes to it).

Sublime performance so far.

Albeit PNE with very little to play for and are playing like they have very little to play for.

A few more to make up goal difference on Ipswich would give us another route into the top two, with only one Ipswich draw needed to put it into our own hands.

Just now, SNSUN said:

Shea on for Downes?

Saving Flynn I would say, he is really important and we cannot throw away a 3 goal lead..... right? (Rocking back and forth thinking about Leeds 05/06)

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 3-0 PNE - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic