Post-Match Reaction: Swansea 0-1 SAINTS

Saint-Armstrong

Saints have their highest ever Premier League points total, as well as their best ever away record in the Premier League era.

Great work from Pochettino and all associated with the club.

Not much excitement in that game, but if you can find something to discuss, go ahead...

What a marvellously entertaining last 15 minutes or so.

Not the football but both sets of fans making the atmosphere sound almost "Cup Finalesque" with the Engerlund & Hymns & Arias banter & the scarfing.

And then yet another comedy goal.

In a way it's a damn shame we had so many of those against us earlier in the year and are now getting our share back when it means sod all but hey ho at least after a turgid game that almost cried out for a Golf story on the match thread I head down to dinner with a smirk on my face.

Great effort by everyone today with the atmosphere

Dull game - Swansea were very average. We looked composed and stylish without ever really threatening apart from in the last 30 seconds obviously. Was disappointed that Gallagher couldn't get in to the game more, he hasnt really taken his chance this season in the same way that other young players (Shaw, Chambers etc.) did. Obviously still very young and clearly the staff rate him highly, but from what Ive seen he doesn't look ready for the PL yet.

Just goes to show that if you can churn out clean sheets, points can rack up incredibly quickly even if you aren't playing well.

You almost have to remind yourself that we've beaten Everton and Swansea away considering how non-existent we've been as an attacking threat, and thats pretty much the point

LOL end to an at first frustrating (again) and then plain tedious match.

It is becoming totally routine for us to dominate possession, home or away. IF we keep the majority of this squad together and add some real quality up front we could be in for one brilliant season next year. COYS

So, did Rickie get the touch before the whole ball was over the line?

Yeah if you look closely the ball hits the post before bouncing off Rickie's back and into the net. Might not even have gone in had it been left alone.

Uninspiring game, we didn't deserve three points, we got lucky with Williams' cock up. Shaw excellent today, Clyne very good, everyone else mediocre, although Davis' ball for the goal was very good. Lambert simply did what he's been doing since League 1 - stuck it in the back of the net.

God almighty, WE WON FGS!!!!!! All true Saints fans like me will be rejoicing, having a great Saturday evening in the sun with a few beers, happy! Deserved to win easy, even with only one forward bless him, he will be awesome in a few years time when he gets stronger. Great season well done boys, bring on the Mancs!!

Moans when we win lol.

i am from a generation of Saints fans who were used to going away and would celebrate a boring draw, it seemed a rarity to get a win away. A lot of the younger fans have been spoilt the last few seasons with wins away on a regular basis.

Enjoy a win away however it comes, the next one is normally some time away

I'd be so gutted to be a Swansea fan suffering defeat within 45 seconds of full time. It's just something that so typically happened to us over the years and it's a refreshing change to get all three points under those circumstances. The game has to be destined for the last one to be shown on MOTD, boring as it was. But at least the win was justified by our domination and is excusable because of injuries to two of our more creative players. Clyne and Shaw haven't done their recent reputations any harm and a midfield comprising Cork, Schneiderlin, Davis and Wanyama was always going to be a hard one for any opposition to crack.

A clean sheet with Boruc virtually a spectator all afternoon, a record points tally in our Premiership history, the number of years since we last beat them in Swansea and all considered, just cause for celebration tonight. With Man Utd losing to Sunderland too, there has to be few better times to be playing them on the last day of the season. Revenge for them sending us down in the equivalent match a few years back will be very sweet if we can pull it off. Shame that we don't have the firepower up front to really hammer them.

Decided to drive instead of the coach as I wanted to get back to see my mates band tonight. Left on 88 mins to beat the traffic as no one was going to score. OOps. Oh well, now sat here stuffing pizza and about to head to the pub while the coaches are probably still sat at Leigh Delamere.

I'd be so gutted to be a Swansea fan suffering defeat within 45 seconds of full time. It's just something that so typically happened to us over the years and it's a refreshing change to get all three points under those circumstances. The game has to be destined for the last one to be shown on MOTD, boring as it was. But at least the win was justified by our domination and is excusable because of injuries to two of our more creative players. Clyne and Shaw haven't done their recent reputations any harm and a midfield comprising Cork, Schneiderlin, Davis and Wanyama was always going to be a hard one for any opposition to crack.

A clean sheet with Boruc virtually a spectator all afternoon, a record points tally in our Premiership history, the number of years since we last beat them in Swansea and all considered, just cause for celebration tonight. With Man Utd losing to Sunderland too, there has to be few better times to be playing them on the last day of the season. Revenge for them sending us down in the equivalent match a few years back will be very sweet if we can pull it off. Shame that we don't have the firepower up front to really hammer them.

Throw in Clyne, Fonte, Lovren, Shaw and Boruc, and it's no wonder Swansea hardly looked like scoring. I think even Real Madrid would have had to work very hard to get a goal against that line-up. :D

So this season we've done the double over Swansea, West Brom, Palace, Hull and Fulham. Have we ever done 5 teams in a season before? Could have been 6 if we hadn't cocked it up against Cardiff.

Imagine where this team would be if it could score though. If Osvaldo had been the player we hoped and we hadn't had long injury layoffs for Boruc, Lovren, Victor and JRod we'd have been pushing for a CL place.

This thread is so much shorter after a win!

Very dull match but we played our normal style which seemed to nullify Swansea in the main. Packing the midfield with such quality is a good Plan B even when everybody's fit again.

A good advert for pressing to the last.

Decided to drive instead of the coach as I wanted to get back to see my mates band tonight. Left on 88 mins to beat the traffic as no one was going to score. OOps. Oh well, now sat here stuffing pizza and about to head to the pub while the coaches are probably still sat at Leigh Delamere.

Went up on the Travel Coach, stayed till the end, watched all the players throw their shirts into the crowd, back on the coach and back into Eastleigh at 8-15. Still plenty of time for a celebratory glass or two.

I was watching the game on line at one point the wife asked I was asleep.

I was on line as well, and when coverage fell off for 5-10 minutes, I really didn't get too upset. Nor did I go walkabout as I usually do when I watch on line or TV.

A surprising (for me) but very pleasing win; especially given our very weakened starting line-up.

Record points total obtained to boot. Can't grumble at that. Talking of which...

where are the WUMs and moaning minnies tonight?????

Strange not to see them after an away win................

I was sat with wifey in the West Stand and it was very strange not to be with the Saints fans, but overall I thought the boys outplayed Swansea, and deserved the win. The bloke behind me commented to his son how Shaw was skinning their boy. The one thing that annoyed me was Clyne not doing likewise. He always seemed to cut in, but had the pace to skin their defender. The one time he did, the cross he put in nearly resulted in a goal.

The Saints fans were awesome today and it was a great sight when they were all waving their scarves

I didn't really see the goal from where I was, but it was greeted with complete silence by the home fans. They didn't react at all where we were. Not even a swear word, just silence.

Not a great performance, but a professional one with some excellent individual displays. We are very blunt up front though. I don't think Sam G is ready to be a first team regular just yet.

Overall though, a good day out