Goalkeeper Situation

Saint Charlie

Can't see the PL allowing it. But if they do, I have a feeling JM fancies Cech playing for us against Citeh. Just in case they haven't got the league wrapped up by then.

chelsea would have won the league by then. no danger

on soccer sat, they were suggesting that Forster could be out for up to 12 months in a worst case scenario but now as little as 4 months....

I guess we will not really know more until we hit the summer and he has various assessments

on soccer sat, they were suggesting that Forster could be out for up to 12 months in a worst case scenario but now as little as 4 months....

I guess we will not really know more until we hit the summer and he has various assessments

I think either way though, he's going to miss a decent chunk of next season - if not the entirety of it - so I hope the club are planning for the worst case and looking for a new number 1. We can worry about them fighting for their place when he returns, but hopefully we'll then be in a position where we have 2 v good goal keepers battling it out. I remember when we were bitten 11 years ago as we bought stop gaps because ''Oakley and Killer will be back soon''. You've got to do what's best for the team now, really. You can never be sure with knee injuries.

They're the standard FA rules, the Premier League Handbook details the Premier League rules which overarch those (p200) http://m.premierleague.com/content/dam/premierleague/site-content/News/publications/handbooks/premier-league-handbook-2014-15.pdf:

v4.2 below mentions the discretion of granting a temporary transfer outside the Transfer Window:

"Transfer Windows

V.1. “Transfer Windows” means the 2 periods in a year during which, subject to Rule V.4, a Club

may apply for:

V.1.1. the New Registration of a player;

V.1.2. the registration of a player transferred to it; and

V.1.3. the registration of a Temporary Transfer.

V.2. The first Transfer Window in any year shall commence at midnight on the last day of the

Season and shall end on 31st August next if a Working Day or, if not, on the first Working Day

thereafter, at a time to be determined by the Board.

V.3. The second Transfer Window in any year shall commence at midnight on 31st December and

shall end on 31st January next if a Working Day or, if not, on the first Working Day thereafter,

at a time to be determined by the Board.

V.4. Outside a Transfer Window the Board in its absolute discretion may:

V.4.1. refuse an application; or

V.4.2. grant an application and, if thought fit, impose conditions by which the Club making

the application and the player shall be bound."

Specifics of keeper loan can be seen in v7.6.2

"Temporary Transfers

V.5. A “Temporary Transfer” shall mean the transfer of a contract registration effected in

accordance with Rules V.6 to V.10.

V.6. Subject to the conditions set out below, a Temporary Transfer shall be permitted:

V.6.1. between Clubs; and

V.6.2. between a Club and a club in membership of the Football League, the

Football Conference, the Northern Premier League, the Isthmian League and the

Southern League.

V.7. The conditions referred to in Rule V.6 are:

V.7.1. a Temporary Transfer to a Club may not take place in the Transfer Window in which

the Transferor Club acquired the Player’s registration;

V.7.2. during the period of the Temporary Transfer of his contract registration a Player

shall not play against the Transferor Club;

V.7.3. if during the period of a Temporary Transfer the Player’s registration is transferred

permanently from the Transferor Club to the Transferee Club, the two Clubs may

agree in writing (to be copied to the League) that the Player shall not play against the

Transferor Club for the remainder of the Season;

V.7.4. subject to any conditions imposed by the Board in the exercise of its discretion

under Rule V.4.2, the minimum period of a Temporary Transfer shall be the period

between 2 consecutive Transfer Windows and the period of a Temporary Transfer

shall not extend beyond 30th June next after it was entered into;

V.7.5. the maximum number of Temporary Transfers to any one Club registrable in the

same Season shall be 4 and in no circumstances shall more than 1 be from the same

Transferor Club at any one time save there shall be excluded from these numbers

any Temporary Transfer of the kind described in V.7.6.1 or V.7.6.2;

V.7.6. not more than 2 Temporary Transfers shall be registered by a Club at the same time

except that there shall be excluded from that number:

V.7.6.1. any Temporary Transfer which become permanent; and

V.7.6.2. the Temporary Transfer of a goalkeeper which in its absolute discretion

the Board may allow in circumstances it considers to be exceptional;

V.7.7. a Club may transfer the registration of no more than one of its goalkeepers by way

of temporary Transfer to another Club each Season, subject to any further

Temporary Transfer of one of its goalkeepers pursuant to Rule V.7.6.2;

V.7.8. any other conditions agreed between the Transferor Club and the Transferee Club

or, in the exercise of its discretion, imposed by the Board.

V.8. The Loan Fee payable on a Temporary Transfer shall be such sum (if any) as shall have been

agreed between the Transferee Club and the Transferor Club and set out in Football

Association Form H.2 or H.3 (as appropriate) or in a supplementary agreement.

V.9. Any Loan Fee (including any instalments thereof) shall be paid on or before the date or dates

agreed between the parties, the latest of which must be no later than 30th June immediately

following the conclusion of the Season in which the Temporary Transfer expired.

V.10. A Temporary Transfer shall be effected by submitting to the Secretary Football Association

Form H.2 or Form H.3 duly completed and signed on behalf of the Club by an Authorised

Signatory."

So basically it's proposed that we go on bended knee to the PL and try to explain that although we've 4 over 21 keepers on our books who are included on our PL squads 3 of them are utter crap although they've already played PL football and we need another one from a PL club to last the 7 remaining games of the season. They'll tell us to firk right off and that we should have resolved the problem at the appropriate time and not when our No1 keeper gets injured. #notalegtostandon

Edited by Window Cleaner

So basically it's proposed that we go on bended knee to the PL and try to explain that although we've 4 over 21 keepers on our books who are included on our PL squads 3 of them are utter crap although they've already played PL football and we need another one from a PL club to last the 7 remaining games of the season. They'll tell us to firk right off and that we should have resolved the problem at the appropriate time and not when our No1 keeper gets injured. #notalegtostandon

Probably, but can't blame them for trying.

In which case, we may as well get rid of two of those keepers.

Very surprised nobody has suggested Ali Al-Habsi a first rate keeper who is far to good for the Championship where Wigan Arthritic will be spending some years to recuperate.

He struggled this season to get game time for both Wigan and Brighton at the bottom of the Championship.

Championship where Wigan Arthritic will be spending some years to recuperate.

They are heading to League One next season.

Do you know of any guidelines from the FA as to what exceptional circumstances are?

Guess the club may have done idea, and if there is truth in this story they feel there is a possibility our circumstances are deemed exceptional.

Exceptional means unusual, uncommon.

Is it common for a team to lose its first choice keeper suddenly , for 12 months, outside of a window? I suggest not, therefore it could be as simple as that.

Who knows but there is nothing I can see in those rules which means they have to do as you say.

A very good shout! Knowing our luck we'll get Caesar Romero...

My FM10 Champions League winning keeper with Saints, which can only be good news.

No sign of my 70 goal a season front three Rob Knight, Jordan Peretti and Anis Demange though, also no testimonial for former Hamilton turned 8.5 rated Champions league defender Brian Easton and his testimonial at the end of a glorious 10 year rise from League one with my legendary team.

......Ive wasted too much of my life on that game.

My FM10 Champions League winning keeper with Saints, which can only be good news.

No sign of my 70 goal a season front three Rob Knight, Jordan Peretti and Anis Demange though, also no testimonial for former Hamilton turned 8.5 rated Champions league defender Brian Easton and his testimonial at the end of a glorious 10 year rise from League one with my legendary team.

......Ive wasted too much of my life on that game.

Sooo many errors... its late.

Apart from anything else, I can't see the Prem allowing us to get an emergency loan which is clearly prejudicial to the title race as we have to play one of Chelsea's rivals. Then again, they allowed the Skates to get their parachute payments advanced to get them through and out of the division completing their fixtures, and the whole Tevez and Mascherano Sheffield United debacle wasn't exactly high on the moral compass of fairness either.

• 2 weeks later...

Would agree that Davis should have done much better for the first. IT was almost as if he totally misjudged the situation, made an panicked attempt to get to it and in doing so, left himself out of position for the rebound. The funny thing is, I think FF would have handled the situation better.:smug:

we were looking at Ben Amos before Forsters injury...would fit the profile well

Was out with his cousin a few weeks ago, mentioned we were looking for a new keeper and he would be a decent backup option!

He's not renewing his contract with Man Utd. He was told he'd be Man Utd's second choice keeper at the start of the season, then he barely got on the bench. Will try and ask him if he's heard anything...

• 3 weeks later...

Keeper situation pretty dire. Too much faith in those proven to not even be good enough backup.

Has contributed to a poor end to a great season but at least its undeniable we only have one keeper on the books that is anywhere near PL quality and he is injured until 2016.

Priority one for the summer.

• 1 month later...

I make it that we are if anything worse off this season in the GK department as I don't think Stekelenburg is as good as Forster and Davis has aged even more.

Was our weakest position last year and cost us points at the end of the aeason and could do again this year if Stekelenburg misses any games until Forster is back.

Davis should be a no 3 (or retired tbh) and Gazza needs to get out on loan to play mens football and build his confidence back at a level he is capable at.

We could really use another GK IMO.

No we don't. You can't just buy players because one of them has an injury. We don't stop paying Forster just because he's injured. We have MS and Gazzaniga should be no.2 until FF returns

I think we do actually. Kelvin is not up to it, and really neither is Gazza. We most definitely need another keeper. Forster may well be out nearly all season. Relying on KD and Gazza as backup again is just plain daft.

Sorry, misread your post earlier, thought it said playing, not paying :-) Thought it was an odd thing to say.

Edited by VectisSaint