Saints v Leicester Thread

trousers

3 points please. I'd start Austin despite the "can't play 2+ games in one week" tag that he's often labelled with. Let's get another 50 - 60 minutes out of him and take it from there. And Lemina has to start (surely?)

Forster

Stephens* - VvD - Hoedt - Bertrand

Hojbjerg - Romeu - Lemina

Boufal - Tadic

Austin

Subs: McCarthy, Yoshida, JWP, Davis, Redmond, Gabbi, Long

*assuming Cedric is still injured. Don't think we should have a back 5 at home to Leicester but given Stephen's excellent showing again yesterday I think he can do a job at right back

Edited by trousers

Anybody want to give some odds on Vardy getting horribly clattered early on. For me he's got it coming after injuring VVD, I suspect that's not been forgotten.

VVD to take one for the team by taking him out? I expect the odds on that are better than evens.

However, I expect any clued up ref will be aware of the possibility and might be looking to punish anything that looks like retribution overly harshly.

If Lemina doesn't start this one it's time to start worrying. PLEASE drop Redmond for Boufal. Otherwise same team (you know, Mauricio, like they did in the olden days), or give Austin a rest for the second half, replacing him with Gabbi when it gets stretched

3 points please. I'd start Austin despite the "can't play 2+ games in one week" tag that he's often labelled with. Let's get another 50 - 60 minutes out of him and take it from there. And Lemina has to start (surely?)

Forster

Boufal - Tadic

Austin

*assuming Cedric is still injured. Don't think we should have a back 5 at home to Leicester but given Stephen's excellent showing again yesterday I think he can do a job at right back

This is exactly the team I'd go with, assuming Austin can handle it. Let Lemina play a little higher than the other two midfielders and join in the press. Very solid through the middle + pretty much all the creativity we have in the squad out on the pitch.

Vardy did injure VDD on purpose. We must do the same on him.

He quite clearly didn't do it on purpose.

No professional footballer (other than outright thugs like Keane), would go out with the intent to severely injury another professional.

It was late and a bit naughty but there is no way, he tried to hurt him... Nothing will happen, all water under the bridge.

Think we might lose this one.

They've found a bit of form and counter very well, with pace.

However, knowing both managers, it could develop into a terrible game with both teams happy to pass it around in their own half for 90 minutes, waiting for the other team to attack so they can counter....

Forster

Cedric/Pied

Yoshida (seems a bit quicker than Hoedt)

VvD

Bertrand

PEH

Romeu

Lemina

Tadic

Austin

Boufal

0-2 Leicester (Vardy, Gray)

No professional footballer (other than outright thugs like Keane), would go out with the intent to severely injury another professional.

It was late and a bit naughty but there is no way, he tried to hurt him... Nothing will happen, all water under the bridge.

I'm not so certain. Vardy is a snidey little c*nt and VVD had him in his pocket the whole game up until that point. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if his actions were deliberate.

Looking at the slo-mo replays at the time I really struggled to see how it could have been accidental.

I shared your "no pro would intentionally injure another pro" view up until I saw that challenge. Despite his head pointing the other way at the "crunch moment" I am convinced he knew exactly what he was doing; away from a football pitch, it could have been cited as ABH.

He quite clearly did, watch the replays again, that was no accident.

He quite clearly did, watch the replays again, that was no accident.

Exactly, imo it was a clear deliberate stamp he isn't even looking at the ball only VvD foot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xED1143RMcI

but we should wait until late in the game before taking kicking him (but tell him during the game that he is going to get a good kicking before the 90mins are up)

Nice use of the "no true Scotsman" fallacy. I had a good view. Sadly, it looked deliberate to me.

Forster

Boufal - Tadic

Austin

Almost every time you do a team, it's the team I'd come up with, so it saves me a job! It's hard to tell with Pellegrino in charge, I don't think he knows what his best team is, but I think that line up gives creativity and solidity.

Exactly, imo it was a clear deliberate stamp he isn't even looking at the ball only VvD foot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xED1143RMcI

but we should wait until late in the game before taking kicking him (but tell him during the game that he is going to get a good kicking before the 90mins are up)

Anyone else still believe it was accidental after that?He wasn't even looking at the ball,only Virgils ankle.However,there's more than one way to skin a cat.

:lol:

Applause from me - won't forget the cup run and the final which we came so close to winning and was just a great run from Arsenal onwards. Hardly like we're cup final regulars is it?

Thought it was the right call when he left, but no ill feeling from me at all, far from it.

However, if he masterminds a thrilling win for Leicester on Wednesday, i'll be dishing out the abuse with everyone else!

Anyone else still believe it was accidental after that?He wasn't even looking at the ball,only Virgils ankle.However,there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Nope. No chance it was accidental. He knew full well he wasn't going to get to that and he's clearly still looking down at Virgil's ankle long after the ball has gone. Dirty little c*nt who deserves to be taken out in a VVD/Romeu sandwich.

Nope. No chance it was accidental. He knew full well he wasn't going to get to that and he's clearly still looking down at Virgil's ankle long after the ball has gone. Dirty little c*nt who deserves to be taken out in a VVD/Romeu sandwich.

Shame we don't have big Vic available as an extra topping to that sandwich.

Anybody want to give some odds on Vardy getting horribly clattered early on. For me he's got it coming after injuring VVD, I suspect that's not been forgotten.

I bet Vardy jumps on both VVD's ankles on Wednesday. To prove he meant it first time.

90 mins of us passing around the halfway line with them hitting us on the break. Not looking forward to this one. Still think we can get at least a point.

This is Puel vs Puellegino. It’ll be 90 minutes of both teams trying to sit back. The ball will probably not even move from the centre circle.

Pain in the arse midweek home games. Even moreso on back of weekend home game. Two aways followed by two homes is sh1t. Freezing too so my appetite for this one isn’t great but hey cannot be tempted by achieving more at work, the warmth and comfort of a stream and the joy of reading the Saintsweb wrist slitters on the match thread.

2-0 win

Pain in the arse midweek home games. Even moreso on back of weekend home game. Two aways followed by two homes is sh1t. Freezing too so my appetite for this one isn’t great but hey cannot be tempted by achieving more at work, the warmth and comfort of a stream and the joy of reading the Saintsweb wrist slitters on the match thread.

2-0 win

Could be worse. Gateshead are at Torquay tonight!

I'm not sure how this one will go. We need a quick start but I do wonder whether our recent habit of letting leads/creditable draws slip will play on the mind against an energetic team like Leicester. Having Cedric back is huge.

2-0 win

It won't be freezing when we play tomorrow just ****ing down with rain if the forecast is correct.

I think you're being a bit naive.

I don't believe that Vardy was actively intending to put Virgil out for 6 months. But you're crazy if you don't believe that footballers don't 'leave a foot in' or 'go in hard' or 'go over the top of' another player to 'let them know they are there'.

All of the above are widely used 'football terms' used commonly by 'real football men' all the time during commentary/match analysis. They are also all just euphemisms for intention to assault someone (or, at best, recklessnes, which still counts). If you intend to assault someone, but didn't intend to injure them *really badly*, you are still just as much to blame if they do end up really badly injured.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk