Gaston Ramirez - Signs 4 Year Deal

Clunge

Ramirez, will he sign Y/N  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Ramirez, will he sign Y/N

I'm hopeful this will be made official on the OS and OT feeds tomorrow.

We had a similar wait for confirmation of Clyne signing earlier this summer where he tweeted he'd signed on twitter, but it then took the club until 2/3pm the next day to confirm it.

I would imagine the reason it hasn't been made official yet is because he's getting last minute Visa documents from the British embassy today in Rome and then flying to Southampton tomorrow to join up with his new team mates.

I think he has two World Cup qualifiers to play during the international break, so even when it's announced I would not be surprised if, like Yoshida, he doesn't join up with the squad until just before the Arsenal match.

"After long negotiation seems to have got the white smoke." Are we getting Bologna stoned in order to push this transfer through?

It's a reference to the white smoke seen with the process to choose a new Pope is concluded. White smoke means it is finalised - so this is a positive sign :D

Can't wait to hear official confirmation. One in the eye for the mongs saying we would never be signing a player like him! Our new Japanese centre back is great too, hopefully will boost our profile in Japan even further.

Finally, on the subject of Twitter, I am not a big user of it, but have begun to see its benefits within the past year. I think you will find that some of the opinions (and that is all they are!) we have found out from people like Simon Peach and Alan Nixon have mainly been offered as a result of questions that Saints fans have posed to them, so don't knock it! ...and yes I have asked them a few questions myself - though not a lot! :)

I don't use Twitter, but am grateful to the 2 journalists you mentioned, who have spent a lot of their own time in the last 2 weeks keeping a few of the mad b*stards on this forum informed.

It's not the majority though.

The MINORITY of people on twitter are self-publicising look at me ****s but you get people like that just walking down Southampton high-street at the weekend.

Twitter enables people an inside-view of the lives of professional sportsman, reality tv stars, journalists, actors, musicians etc.

The thing I love most about twitter is knowing Jos went fishing today, its a redundent piece of information but I (and many MANY) others find it cool that we get this insight into the lives of professional sportsman/journalists/actors/musicians etc.

Alot of people just have twitter to follow certain people they like for news/updates etc. some people on there are complete ****s, but you get complete ****s in many walks of life.

People don't understand twitter fully, don't like it for some reason (maybe because its popular? maybe because its one of those new-fangled social-networking contraptions?) so it's 'fun' for people to knock the people that have twitter accounts and post regularly on there.

It's just ignorance pure and simple, if people actually went on twitter, got an account got used to it, got used to the intricacies involved in posts and realised that posting about what you had for dinner/tea/ is not all it consists of then maybe people would realise what a great tool it is to interact with other Saints fans/certain Sports fans/fans of a particular musician.

Twitte is an exellent stalking tool for people obsessed by celebrities and wanting an insight into their lives. It's the next best thing to actually following people around in person and the added bonus that it's only slightly less wierd. There are few things that fascinate me more than reading about Richard Chaplows dinner, if it wasnt for twittet if have to stare through rhe window in his house for hours to find this info out. For those of us like myself and Blakey that heart celebrities, are obsessed by them and just love knowing what they are up to its like a dream come true. Only ignorant people that aren't stalkers don't like it.

Edited by Turkish

Twitte is an exellent stalking tool for people obsessed by celebrities and wanting an insight into their lives. It's the next best thing to actually following people around in person and the added bonus that it's only slightly less wierd. There are few things that fascinate me more than reading about Richard Chaplows dinner, if it wasnt for twittet if have to stare through rhe window in his house for hours to find this info out. For those of us like myself and Blakey that heart celebrities, are obsessed by them and just love knowing what they are up to its like a dream come true. Only ignorant people that aren't stalkers don't like it.

I'm not sure if this was written to get a laugh but it got one from me lol

Says he signed up at 21:30. Sounds like this is in the bag. The greatest signing of our time. I was alive when we signed Keegan, but only just and I certainly wasn't a Saints fan back then!

I'm going to bed now, excited like it's Christmas Eve and I'm going to wake up to a lovely present.

I start supporing Saints in Keegans first season. I was 7 and I thought Saints must be one of the best and bigger teams if Keegan plays for them. I think we were quite high up the table then too.

I can't see him being involved Sunday. As previously noted, he's had an injury of late and I dont think the international clearance will come through in time unless we applied for it at the end of last week / start of this week as we knew the deal would eventually happen?

Shame but hopefully after a good international break with Uruguay in their qualifiers, he can get back and get involved with the squad and prepare for the Arsenal game.

Could well have signed, but could be wanting to get him over to the UK for press photos before the offical press release. If he's still abroad and we annouce the signature of our most expensive player with no decent quotes/photos then it will be seen as a bit of a PR balls up!

Hopefully the delay is just why he's flying over here to get photos done :-)

Lots of F5 going on today then?! I think we'll see two more in - hopefully Gaston will be one of 'em, but still won't believe it until I see him holding a Saints shirt. It's going to attract a lot of media attention I would imagine - huge signing for Saints.
you would not have thought so listening to talksport......constant West Ham and Liverpool

SORRY...! Ignore that first link - I thought it was a link to details of their first team squad, but it's not!

Got there before me: 'giovanile' = youth team... I won't bother checking the Italian press now - too much to do after my drive back yesterday and it looks like it's done anyway. Roll on an updated OS: first person to find it on there please give a direct link!