Defectors Watch

adrian lord

21 hours ago, Dr. Kucho said:

Eljero Elia has today announced his retirement from professional football. Elia was loaned from Werder Bremen in the 2015 season under Ronald Koeman. He scored a brace against Newcastle (his only goals for us).

My boss took me to Loftus Road with his sons ST to watch Saints win with a Mane goal in added time (Boss said "here we go" as Mane pulled the trigger to ensure I was sat on my hands)  Probably a good job too as the bloke sat behind me might well have had me seeing stars. This was established in the first half when Elia took a full speed professional footballers kick right in the wedding vegetables - just typing this is making me wince. 2 cans of magic spray must have vanished down the front of his shorts. From behind me "get up you big Jessie he hardly touched you" bla bla bla - after his tirade hit a pause I turned to say what he had received downstairs, and the chap behind him said "its going to take more than a bag of frozen peas to make his meat and 2 veg look anything like normal". 

34 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

virgil is doing well these days 🙂

I thought Klopp's post match interview was pretty open (like his defence). Well beyond the inanities being asked. Maybe he's just at that stage with their season now.

Torn between wanting British clubs to do well, and the fun of watching Liverpool fail.

Pretty pissed off seeing Jack Stephens celebrating a clean sheet against Liverpool after another decent display whilst we have to suffer Janny B in our back line.

That being said I believe he’ll be a really important player for us in the Champ next season, and in the likely event of the departure of JWP would probably be a shoe in for team captain.

48 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

That being said I believe he’ll be a really important player for us in the Champ next season, and in the likely event of the departure of JWP would probably be a shoe in for team captain.

If Bournemouth manage to stay up, they may try to sign him permanently.

3 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Jack Stephens was in Nandos West Quay last week.

Someone asked him how his loan was going, he didn’t sound overly convinced. The words “it’s alright” with a shrug, is all I caught. 😅

can't see him returning to Saints.  Always did his best, but rarely had a regular run of games and was seldom first choice for Saints.

If B'mouth go down they may keep him,  OR... he might go back to his home town side - IF Argyle are promoted to the Championship. 

51 minutes ago, saint lard said:

We wouldn’t get that kind of money again if VVD was still with us. 
sold at the right time…shame we wasted the money. 
LFC only got a good couple of seasons out of him. 

Not a bad couple of seasons though. Two champions league finals he helped them to, winning one and getting the man of the match.  But yes , we wouldn't get that money now.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Secret Site Agent said:

Nice to remember when we were a force to reckon with.

Good manager some good players and some good tactics..

Quite sad to see tbh. My grandad always said he'd seen the best of saints, this was the only time I have seen where we were anything close. 

• Like 1

In Istanbul this weekend, excited to see a tricky winger this evening who has been tearing it up for Besiktas.

His name….Nathan Redmond 🤣

Game doesnt even kick off for 20 mins and the fans here are already louder than ive heard St Marys in quite a while!

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

Redmond scored again, nice goal.

Was right behind the goal when that went in!

He had a great game, total opposite to his last season or two with us. Always positive when receiving, taking on players, cutting inside and shooting. Their fans love him too. Really glad for him and hope it continues. 

• Like 2