Defectors Watch

adrian lord

2 minutes ago, sfc4prem said:

What a feckin idiot, moving to Villa. What could have been if he'd stayed here, where he was loved. Such a crying shame.

They are giving him a silly wage as well as the silly fee they paid for him. Doubt he is too bothered raking in the cash, if he had genuine ambition he would have gone to a decent side and not Villa.

I think looking back on it selling Ings and Vestergaard for £45m will look like some of the best business of the summer, coupled with bringing in Tino, Armstrong, and Broja (albeit on loan). Perraud seems like decent depth too.

8 minutes ago, TWar said:

They are giving him a silly wage as well as the silly fee they paid for him. Doubt he is too bothered raking in the cash, if he had genuine ambition he would have gone to a decent side and not Villa.

I think looking back on it selling Ings and Vestergaard for £45m will look like some of the best business of the summer, coupled with bringing in Tino, Armstrong, and Broja (albeit on loan). Perraud seems like decent depth too.

Armstrong has been a terrible signing.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TWar said:

And letting Bertie go to remove him from the wage bill.

• Like 1

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

Armstrong has been a terrible signing.  

Armstrong will be fine. He has great natural ability and pace as well as superb dribbling and two footedness. He had a slower start, as a lot of players do in a new team and league, but he has talent. The injury came at a poor time when he was starting to find his feet.

I have no worries about him whatsoever.

• Like 3

I watched the Man City goals when they showed them after saints ended and thought well I can't blame Vestergard for any mistakes for any of them, then I thought a bit more and realised he was not actually doing anything in any of them to stop them scoring, just standing around watching the ball go in. I am glad he is gone I always thought he was a liability. His improved phase coincided with the team overall playing better and him being less exposed and called on to do his job.

Poor Bertrand he was a great player....

1 hour ago, Mystic Force said:

I watched the Man City goals when they showed them after saints ended and thought well I can't blame Vestergard for any mistakes for any of them, then I thought a bit more and realised he was not actually doing anything in any of them to stop them scoring, just standing around watching the ball go in. I am glad he is gone I always thought he was a liability. His improved phase coincided with the team overall playing better and him being less exposed and called on to do his job.

I think Vest was very poor for the first, let the ball drift over his head for KdB by completely mispositioning.

Bryn Gunn played his first premiership game yesterday since 'that night'  and poor sod let in five against Arsenal.   No real glaring errors but after waiting two years for another premiership start his confidence must be shot to pieces.

3 minutes ago, 64saint said:

Bryn Gunn played his first premiership game yesterday since 'that night'  and poor sod let in five against Arsenal.   No real glaring errors but after waiting two years for another premiership start his confidence must be shot to pieces.

I thought the first should have been an easy save, but not much he could have done about the others. Agreed that his confidence must be shot though. A promising career seems to have fallen away for him sadly. 

6 hours ago, Mystic Force said:

Their first he was at fault, completely lost the ball in flight. I don't always blame people for goals but his actions for the first goal were a fucking joke. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 64saint said:

What do you expect, he’s got to be in his 50’s. 

• Haha 8

24 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

On the other hand shows that we were well shot of him. Last season indicated he was past his best. 

Villa fans concur https://www.villatalk.com/topic/22074-danny-ings/page/123/

He will get a few more goals for them when fully fit but his playing history suggests plenty of absences and nearly 30 now. SFC got the best of Danny, Villa get the huge wage and risky playing time. Vestergaard is a mystery all round - what Les and Ross ever saw at struggling Bremen - and what Rodgers was doing in the summer seeing how awful a PL player he is. 

Also a thread on Targett on Villa forum - £17m was a decent sale too.

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s some more comments from their JV thread, a shame to see but very funny nonetheless.

”Caught in no-man's land on the winner, then jogged back.  Worst player at the Club since promotion.”

“I’m not one for slaying our players, but if we played a cardboard cutout instead of Vestergaard, the cutout would still be more useful… he’s worse than a scarecrow.”

”I keep saying it but this signing is a sackable offence on its own.”

And my favourite: 🤣

Always struck me how seemingly quickly we brought him from the Saints. Kind of like they couldn't get rid quickenough🤔

Edited by FarehamSaintJames
  • Haha 1

don't know whether this goes in here or the stadium plans thread....Vestergaard has just lodged a request with the council for planning permission to turn 180 degrees

Posted a minute ago - a reoccurring comment on here.

Reading some of the other comments winning the league has changed them as fans 

Ralph’s aggressive tactics made him a better player as it sort of made up for his lack of pace as he was always on the front foot. He was obviously good in the air and very good on the ball. He’s have probably been a part of our squad for many years to come but looks as though he is playing himself out of being in the Premier League.

On 19/01/2022 at 21:57, Nordic Saint said:

"I'm not watching us play when he’s starting. I’ve had enough. Worst buy in years."

"I fvcking detest this plank. Just the sight of him on the pitch makes me feel sick."

I know how Leicester fans feel. I used to dread seeing his name on our team sheet.

Vestergaard signs - Page 57 - Leicester City Forum - FoxesTalk

If you want a real laugh,  go back and read the thread from page 1.  Leicestergaard.....!

• Haha 4

TBH it gives me no pleasure seeing Vest slated. He never caused any issues here (at least not on the face of it). That he hasn't flourished makes the sale easier to bear, as always annoying if other PL teams come in and get a cheapish player who then outperforms the value paid. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, angelman said:

TBH it gives me no pleasure seeing Vest slated. He never caused any issues here (at least not on the face of it). That he hasn't flourished makes the sale easier to bear, as always annoying if other PL teams come in and get a cheapish player who then outperforms the value paid. 

I probably didn't word that very well, it was their fans I was laughing at, not Vestergaard.  While he has his limitations he is nowhere near as bad as they are making out. 

• Like 2

On 22/01/2022 at 06:03, JibMcdo said:

Ralph’s aggressive tactics made him a better player as it sort of made up for his lack of pace as he was always on the front foot. He was obviously good in the air and very good on the ball. He’s have probably been a part of our squad for many years to come but looks as though he is playing himself out of being in the Premier League.

Can't agree with that. For someone his height, his lack of ability to win aerial duels is quite shocking. 

• Like 2

On 24/01/2022 at 21:54, igsey said:

Sam Gallagher scored the only goal in Birmingham's victory over Middlesbrough on Sky Sports tonight.

Came here to share the same thing! Almost scored a pretty tasty scisoor kick earlier on and his goal was well taken and placed in the bottom corner. Good to see him doing well. 

Edited by Saint86