Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Reading the comments from their fans under this tweet is interesting. They mostly seem very excited by the signing even though WBA and Saints fans are telling them he can't run and is overweight.

He was obviously a bit of a hero for them in the past but it seems unlikely he'd have much of an impact now.

• 2 months later...

Ralph Kreuger's Buffalo Sabres are currently on an 11-game losing streak, they've failed to score in as many games they have won (which is astounding for an Ice Hockey team).

Their squad is full of over-paid, under-performing players that they can't dispose of as nobody will take on the contracts they gave them so are stuck in a ruck.

Sound familiar?

1 hour ago, supersonic said:

Ralph Kreuger's Buffalo Sabres are currently on an 11-game losing streak, they've failed to score in as many games they have won (which is astounding for an Ice Hockey team).

Their squad is full of over-paid, under-performing players that they can't dispose of as nobody will take on the contracts they gave them so are stuck in a ruck.

Sound familiar?

This is what happens when you put a proper soccer person like Kreuger in charge of a team from a completely different sport.

It was never going to work.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, igsey said:

Cedric marking at the back post on an injury time corner costs Arsenal an away goal in the Europa League...

Arsenal fans loving him on their forums.

He is proper average. Always was, and I was never upset to see him go. We've got a much better player now

Edited by S-Clarke

On 08/04/2021 at 22:26, S-Clarke said:

He is proper average. Always was, and I was never upset to see him go. We've got a much better player now

I think it just says a lot about Arsenal and where they are now TBH. It's the twilight of the season and they're in the top half on goal difference, in a nothing fight over 9-11th with Leeds and Villa. 

On 08/04/2021 at 22:26, S-Clarke said:

Like Fans forums are to be trusted. You’ve posted on here long enough to release the vast majority are weirdos who are Clueless about the game 

• Confused 1

Just seen that Richard Dryden has been sacked as assistant coach at Forest Green along with their manager today.

Not sure of the connection but the article says their U18's manager Jimmy Ball has taken over. Wasn't Alan Ball's son, Jimmy ? Wonder if this is his son, seem to remember he a junior player some years (25-30) ago

Edited by Badger

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Just seen that Richard Dryden has been sacked as assistant coach at Forest Green along with their manager today.

Not sure of the connection but the article says their U18's manager Jimmy Ball has taken over. Wasn't Alan Ball's son, Jimmy ? Wonder if this is his son, seem to remember he a junior player some years (25-30) ago

Yes he is a Jimmy. Red haired too. He was in the same class as our daughter at Hiltingbury Juniors and used to sit next to her.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Badger said:

Just been reading through all the comments from Villa fans on Twitter, sounds like he’s had a really decent season for them, fair play to him proving his doubters like Ralph wrong.

Unfortunate timing that it coincides with being the same day we hear another of our LB prospects McQueen is unlikely to play football again. All the while we get to watch Bertrand looking largely disinterested jogging up and down the wing with no competition to push him for a place in the team.

12 hours ago, the boy from saints said:

Really pleased for him! Seems a better option than Bertrand at the moment!

At the moment yes because Bertrand is on his last legs, but he hasn’t been previously and I think the club were probably right in letting him go, for the good of both us and him. Similar situation to Harry Reed. 

The issue is we never really replaced him as a backup. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skintsaint said:

Wish we bought players that would have put RB as the backup..I guess financially not viable for us. 😄

Those days are long gone. Young ‘rough diamonds’, I.e cheap, is our business model. 

It’s one of the reasons losing Ings is going to be such a hit for us. A proven PL goal scorer aren’t easy to come by, especially for 10-15m

Edited by SKD

Glad he's doing well, he'd have been a decent player for us this year. I can see why he was sold though. We needed more up front and he was the only viable option we had to raise cash, so from that point it had to happen sadly. I'm sure he also wanted to play regular.

Ideally we'd have kept him around and he would probably have been first choice by now, it was just at the point we sold him Bertrand was still much better and £15-17m for a backup was just too good for a club in our position to say no to.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, itchen said:

And, according to the Guardian, Pochettino is in talks to return to Spurs.

Honestly, in any other business, Daniel Levy would be out of a job.

It's all over the news now, BBC, Sky etc now. Obviously something in it.

Apparently Levy has admitted sacking Poch was the biggest mistake in his career. 

I reckon he'll end back up there, by all accounts he's not too happy at PSG.

He’ll go back .. has all the money he wants to spend at PSG but will go back to Spuds .. I reckon he knows something as there is lot of manager movement .. allegri is free (touted for Juventus) zidane free agent now and so is conte.. PSG Won’t stand in his way ! 

Comment on the BBC article:

BBC Sport understands there has been no contact between Tottenham and PSG, who have held talks with Pochettino about their plans for next season.

Levy speaking to the manager before contacting his club. Can anyone believe it of him ?

21 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:
Annoyed GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Man ffs. I've always had a little soft spot for Wrexham and was thinking i'd start following them (as my lower league team - along with Bristol Rovers) under Deadpool's stewardship.

Is there no escaping Les F'ing Reed?

Edited by Saint86

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 29/07/2014 at 07:29, adrian lord said:

Shaw has come a long, long way through much adversity - hats off to him!

• Like 3

On 02/07/2021 at 13:34, HarvSFC said:

Always surprised that he got stuck at Spurs, could have went onto a higher level.

After Mark Wright, he was the best CB I saw in a saints shirt until VVD. Looked destined for big things to me. If that tweet is correct and he's on £1m a month, that probably explains why he's stayed at Spurs though. 

9 hours ago, adrian lord said:

Shaw has come a long, long way through much adversity - hats off to him!

It's two massive fingers up at Jose Mourinho as well. Shows him up as the dated manager he really is, just looking for enemy's at every club he goes into. Ali was the most recent one at spurs. Not sure why he does that.

I wonder who it will be at Roma?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

It's two massive fingers up at Jose Mourinho as well. Shows him up as the dated manager he really is, just looking for enemy's at every club he goes into. Ali was the most recent one at spurs. Not sure why he does that.

I wonder who it will be at Roma?

Although the Shaw of today is not the Shaw of a couple of years ago. Maybe it was Mourinho’s treatment of him that helped to make him the player he is today? Who knows?

20 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Although the Shaw of today is not the Shaw of a couple of years ago. Maybe it was Mourinho’s treatment of him that helped to make him the player he is today? Who knows?

Maybe, but he was still decent under Van Gal to be fair. He didn't really do anything wrong but Mourinho loved to pick on him, it was quite weird. He still does pick on him as well. I don't know if Shaw slept with his wife or something, it feels personal rather than professional.

But it's what Jose does. Alienates people at every single club he goes at.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...