Not sure if we can call him an defector, but who remembers Jan Poortvliet? Nowadays Poortvliet is a postman in Eindhoven and coaches local amateur football club Nuenen.

I went to 5Guys the other day and the potatoes were from Poortvliet farm.

That's a fact.

Lallana excellent for Liverpool U23s vs Everton.

Will be a great free for someone, if he can stay fit (perhaps regular games will help with that).

I'd have him back. He'd fit Ralph's shape perfectly and it would leave transfer funds for priority areas of defence.

He might have been a knob when he left but everyone has moved on since then anyway.

Can only recall seeing 20 minutes in a pre-season friendly. He was atrocious. Having said that, I think he did get an assist for Stoke against us by putting a corner in for Parkin.

I saw him play twice. Once against Eastleigh with the nippers when we were 3-0 down in no time. That team also featured Tommy Forecast.

The other game was a pre season match at Havant where he barely touched the ball or moved out of the centre circle. Terrible player, although that obviously doesn't mean he isn't a good coach.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wanyama and Taider played in last night's 2-1 home loss for Montreal Impact in the north american champions league QF first leg. Taider scored and I am happy to report that despite the loss the atmosphere was amazing. Non stop racket!

Vic did pretty well but woeful finishing and defensive lapses cost the Impact in the end (very Saints-like).

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Perhaps this should be on a Defector's Wives thread:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11548508/kevin-phillips-wife-arrested-attempted-murder/?utm_medium=browser_notifications&utm_source=pushly

She certainly has some form doesn't she ?

Apparently she was just delivering beer. Obviously you'd get a 49 year old footballers wife to deliver beer to a teenagers party on a council estate.

Apparently she was just delivering beer. Obviously you'd get a 49 year old footballers wife to deliver beer to a teenagers party on a council estate.

its nice to see that after her faux pas with a mobile phone salesman back in 2005 that they managed to save their marriage. I suppose the trappings of a Premier League footballers lifestyle beat out the offer of 1GB of free data every month after all.

its nice to see that after her faux pas with a mobile phone salesman back in 2005 that they managed to save their marriage. I suppose the trappings of a Premier League footballers lifestyle beat out the offer of 1GB of free data every month after all.

1GB data a month in 2005 would have been worth more than Kevin Phillips wage packet!